Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Win a Set of World of Warcraft Funkos!

Comments

• TanlielTanliel Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Never raiding and soloing for the whole time I played.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Favorite memory I have is when I was out pvping in the world and came across a few other horde members and asked if the would like to start a pvp guild? We did which later on lead to a 1500 plus member guild were great friends and familys were made most of us still play and keep in touch this is by far my favorite memory

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well... it really comes down to two...

First one is when we finally took down ol Arthas him self. After many many nights of anger and frustration the OG Icebucket challenge bit the dirt.

Second one is a lot less epic but still such a funny memory. It was in Naxx 2.0 back in WotLK... We where on Stitches (i think his name was) and his enrage timer.. we had been slacking off and now the time was running out. So we all just went crazy... survival was optional and then BOOM his enrage timer kicked in and we started to drop like flies, but somehow our Rogue managed to dodge the last attack while his DoT ticked over... Down when the hulk... It was awesome due to the sheer adrenaline. Ofc it would later become obvious that pulling victory from the jaws of defeat was how we did it as it was not uncommon that the boss went down with 2-3 people still alive It was glorious. =)

This have been a good conversation

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    In closed beta runing around the crossroads having massive fights with the horde.
  • KynmoreKynmore Member UncommonPosts: 66

During the BETA, you would see full 40-man raids roaming the country side, fighting it out against another 40-man raid from the other faction.

One Saturday/Sunday, I was in an alliance raid that pushed as one big from Ironforge to Auberdine, then down and over to the Crossroads. It was a big fight that started outside Ironforge, where a group of about 40 horde were harassing the low-level characters. I think it took us about 2-3 hours to get them pushed back out of the Wetlands. While that was winding down, someone shouted about Auberdine getting the same treatment, so we went there. It was the same group, and we fought them back and down to Crossroads.

It was a mix of high, mid, and low levels characters, on both sides. It was an absolute blast, and I still think that, for me at least, was the best time and the most fun I had in WoW.

Brrrflp!

• SemonovSemonov Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The collective sigh of relief the first time my guild successfully made it through the suppression room without wiping. That's 40 people stacked hugging the wall! #BWL
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was a Druid who came across a Druid quest which had us go into an enemy stronghold to rescue her significant other.  We took turns transforming from Bear tanks to healers in order to heal each other and reach our goal to save her spouse.  For some reason it was one of the best quests I ever had.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Crashing the server and watching 2 friends get black bug mounts when the AQ gates opened.
  • ZergyZergy Member UncommonPosts: 73

As someone who very rarely speaks in vent. Saying something in vent for the first time with that group and having the whole raid stop fighting in the middle of the Netherspite fight and start asking, "wait... was that zergy?" shortly before we all died.

Yes, my voice once wiped a raid.

• lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570
    My favorite memory was in beta when my undead rogue could devour a corpse for full health and was damn near unstoppable! LONG LIVE THE DEAD!  Wait, what?

Not so nice guy!

• EpicAhnaEpicAhna Member Posts: 2
    WoW was my first MMO! Technically not the first, but the first that really got me into mmorpgs. Itll always hold a special place in my feeling center ^__^ 
  • SolomanderSolomander Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Finally getting the Fiery Warhorse mount (yesterday).

• ZelousAbyssZelousAbyss Member UncommonPosts: 8
    My favorite memory was farming for the Time-Lost Proto Drake in Storm Peaks. I had been farming this area for years, and finally some good luck came my way. I had to work that afternoon, so all morning I was farming this area with many others. I was about to give up, and then out from the distance it appeared.  I Panicked, and clicked on my mount icon. Which I then fell from the sky Wow what a nervous attack I had lol, but I did defeat it, went to work and told everyone about my victorious adventure lol. I will never forget that moment.

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Running around the undead starter zone with my Paladin and "Smiting" the unholy!

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Having some crazy guy give my cousin thousands of gold, including mammoth mount, chopper, alchemy mount each, which also let us be  able to get our legendary daggers. Still can't believe that guy did that/ can't believe it happened to us.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I have had a few neat times but the one I remember most is back on the last night of beta.

I was an Undead mage in Crossroads and the chat started going off saying that Crossroads was under attack. During my entire time in beta I had never seen a single Alliance player. I remember going to the gate that faces the road heading north out of town and poof, charging over a hill was a tiny gnome, running his stumpy little legs off.

It was pretty exciting, I targeted that gnome and got ready to blast away and...down went the server, the beta was over...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• UhrmacherUhrmacher Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Finding Time-Lost Proto Drake in Cat beta...then again a week later on Live. I was very very pleased.
  • RPGenieRPGenie Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Speaking to Kurse while standing in IF on Ysera to inquire about his guild July 17th 2006. Little did I know he would become my husband.

• holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    When guild was doing MC back when it was the first Raid.  We were having a hard time defeating Rag...  I was a resto shaman,  and we got him down to the last bit of health and everyone died.  I died then recarnated and frost shocked him and he died. The vent channel went crazy with joy, I myself felt special with everyone so happy.
  • previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Mine is similar to many.  Guild I was in folded due to the GM ripping us all off, the raiders formed a new guild and that night took down Rag for the first time - good times., I miss Evocati.
  • JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    When I was playing my 60 undead shadowpriest back in vanilla roaming through duskwood and stranglethorn looking for alliance to gank and before doing so mind controlling them and talking to them through /e. They couldn't talk back of course but they was able to read what I typed so I always gave them a headstart if they was low level before starting the hunt :)
  • DeviDemonDeviDemon Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Have so many!  A Night Elf druid trying to drown my Undead rogue by rooting her under the water outside of ratchet. I sat there and shot at them with the peashooter I had in my ranged slot. Guess they forgot to watch their own health and that undead could breathe longer under water as well. :P He fell over dead and I went on my merry way. 
  • aahzmandiusaahzmandius Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Having an overnight job that allowed me to play during my shift, so I got to experience the rollouts of Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm on opening night.
  • Chongo666Chongo666 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    When it first came out it was my first mmo and I couldn't believe how open and free it was.
    I don't know why this always stands out in my brain but when I first got 1k needles and snarler or whoever that rare hyena is and his henchman jumped my arse. They were all yelping in amusent.
    Finally killed his buddies and then tamed him
  • RhodykRhodyk Member UncommonPosts: 2
       Before 10 years I play healing priest and when MC is main raid I wait for a T1 robe for my priest 42 weeks raiding in 40man (week by week (all friends waiting with me after long time  and when boss drop all 40 players celebrate it)  - I have T1 and T2 robe for today and benediction too). When robe drop I have T2 set complete for my priest because T2 complete set drops in 3 weeks 40man BWL raids. Try today players say - wait for one part of gear 42 weeks :). I was find many friends in this raid and with some of they playing with me to today. 
This discussion has been closed.