Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one here?

Who is extremely excited for this game.

Comments

• MarkZimaMarkZima Member UncommonPosts: 17

I was, and then they began selling Founder Packs and Alpha access...

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

And those hardcore death penalties might have something to do with that as well.

Where are all of you Permadeath fans?   Looks like this game comes pretty close.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

Semi-excited.

Hope I don't get burn out with all these alphas and ensueing betas.

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I've been playing since this summer.  It has a lot of cool features, but it also needs a lot of work, specifically combat in my opinion.  Their winter alpha will be opening up later this month.  Check out Twitch and Youtube for any updates and changes.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I like everything about it except how the world zones are set up. You have a square map and you go to the edge of square map and then zone into the next square. Can only place structures on pre laid out patches within each square. Was just a little too limiting for me
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I cant play anything with Diablo2 interface.  Point and click shoulda died with then 90's.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Romulan78Romulan78 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Boneserino

And those hardcore death penalties might have something to do with that as well.

Where are all of you Permadeath fans?   Looks like this game comes pretty close.

Permadeath? LMAO

Wow.. Anyway I am loving Albion Online, its closest thing to a Ultima Online type game that is very fun especially if you are in a good guild...

Seriously though do some research guys, you might like it instead of thinking its a permadeath game

P.S. I am a permadeath supported though btw nothing against risk/reward type games but AO is not a permadeath game no idea where you got that Boneserino.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    games good enjoying this one alot, it does need some work but there working on it . I like how i can play this opn my comp or go play this on my tablet and watch tv. Its not really perma death you just loose what you ahve on you. You can go loot it back if its not broken. Or just craft some more
  • ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by voltt
    Its not really perma death you just loose what you ahve on you. You can go loot it back if its not broken. Or just craft some more

*You can go loot it back if its not broken and noone else took it ;)

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

I was extremely excited for this game back in july/august.  Then they went back on their promise to do key giveaways and instead opted for paid early access and founders packs.  Ticked me off and haven't really been on their boards much but still looking forward to the game.  Was going to possibly pick up a founders pack this month, cause I really do like the game and looking forward to release, would love to play, but all my friends aren't as excited and got me into H1Z1.  Loving that game so far and since I don't really feel like looking up a guild for AO (even though some folks from their boards already offered a spot) I'm just gonna continue playing H1Z1 and see how the winter test ends up.

It still looks like a great game but I now have a great pvp, group, harsh death penalty game in H1Z1 and prefer the 1st person to top down interface.  Will check it out when it releases or if I get an itch for it some how.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I was really into it until I heard it would be F2P with cash shop.

"Player driven economy" should read "Credit card driven economy".

• Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Hi Pie-Rat,

I think you might have heard wrong or confused the game with something else. 

Albion Online does not and will not have a cash shop, with the possible exception of vanity items.

A detailed discussion about the business model, with a lot of statements from the developers, can be found here: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/4335-Pay-To-Win-in-Albion/

All the best

Korn 

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Korn42
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Hi Pie-Rat,

I think you might have heard wrong or confused the game with something else. 

Albion Online does not and will not have a cash shop, with the possible exception of vanity items.

A detailed discussion about the business model, with a lot of statements from the developers, can be found here: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/4335-Pay-To-Win-in-Albion/

All the best

Korn 

Thanks for the link. Cash shop or not,  the fact remains that you'll be able to buy gold for real money and that, however you want to spin it, makes the game pay to win and not for me. Here's how the CEO tries to justify himself (quoted from that thread you linked):

"Our system is more or less very similar to EVE. Just instead of the subscription we have a premium account.

You are saying that buying premium currency in general is a bad thing but the decisive part is what you can make out of it and here a few facts

• We as a company wont sell any items to players, we just sell gold
    • You can sell gold to other players for silver
    So what can happen is pretty simple
    • I invest 50,- to buy gold
    • Now I try to buy silver for that gold from another player
    • This is very important since the other player probably will benefit from it and he must have achieved the silver from playing. So the amount I can get in silver is limited by the game
    • Now as a next step I can go to the Market Place and buy from the silver a might sword
    • It is the second time I have to buy it from another player who very likely will make a profit out of it. So by making 2 deals with other players I was indeed able to get a mighty sword for it.
    • However for us it is really important to connect the value of an item to real money values (like EVE does)
    • But having said that now it is important that he has to unlock the ability to wear that mighty sword as well
    • AND more important he goes out into PvP and gets killed by the good players and all his money is gone for nothing

Hope that makes sense to you.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    "

I'm sorry but the fact that their system resembles Eve's doesn't make it any more acceptable. If a game allows you to inject more money than your basic sub/premium membership to obtain advantages over other players, then it's PAY TO WIN, period.

Hi Pie-Rat,

Different people have different notions of what they consider "pay to win". The majority of people that I have talked to would not consider Albion to be pay to win but rather a "pay to save some time". 

If you would consider Eve Online to be a "pay to win" game, then I understand why you think the same about Albion Online and it is probably just not the game for you. 

All the best,

Korn

• BlackthronBlackthron Member UncommonPosts: 36

We are very excited! Get on a hype-train with Hammer and Sickle!

youtube: 5 Days Until Winter Alpha! 

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    My guild was interested in trying right at the beginning of alpha, contacted the community manager and was told we all had to buy founders packs. Not everyone is interested in paying for alpha, and many guilds want to stick together in the same game. So If they don't want competitive gaming communitys playing together, then it's their loss. The game will be a failure for that reason.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Hi Pie-Rat,

Different people have different notions of what they consider "pay to win". The majority of people that I have talked to would not consider Albion to be pay to win but rather a "pay to save some time". 

If you would consider Eve Online to be a "pay to win" game, then I understand why you think the same about Albion Online and it is probably just not the game for you. 

All the best,

Korn

And that is what's completely wrong with this genre now.  Time was the only advantage anyone ever had, but not anymore.  You can now buy your way to convenience ahead of everyone else.

This is why there's xp boosts, mount speed increases, crafting materials, and even character levels now, etc.  (I don't know if Albion has these, but i've seen these in other MMO's)

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by observer

Hi Pie-Rat,

All the best,

Korn

And that is what's completely wrong with this genre now.  Time was the only advantage anyone ever had, but not anymore.  You can now buy your way to convenience ahead of everyone else.

This is why there's xp boosts, mount speed increases, crafting materials, and even character levels now, etc.  (I don't know if Albion has these, but i've seen these in other MMO's)

Maybe you should click the link..

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Crafting and PvP looked awesome, but I wont play a game that has perma death.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I've become less and less excited.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

well i look forward because i feel prety cool you do "endgame" with small groups 

and feel same UO but i cocern about others thing i going wait release 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

So that's how misinformation gets spread...

I'm not saying you Nanfoodle but somebody else said this game has perma-death and it doesn't. There was even a post after explaining that there was no perma-death but a page later perma-death is still being mentioned.

Just so there is no doubts:

The game does not have perma-death. It does have full loot outside of the safe zones though. 

Full loot however is not as "bad" as it might seem as gear is quite easy to come in in comparision to classical MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft. Also, you should always keep replacement gear in a bank or house nearby to be prepared. 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by MisterZebub

Just so there is no doubts:

The game does not have perma-death. It does have full loot outside of the safe zones though. 

Full loot however is not as "bad" as it might seem as gear is quite easy to come in in comparision to classical MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft. Also, you should always keep replacement gear in a bank or house nearby to be prepared. 

This has always puzzled me. If losing gear doesn't really mean anything then why waste peoples time with the game mechanic. I feel the risk of losing something you've earned in a game should matter, it should have an impact, not just be a mild annoyance.

It does mean something. It's a pain in the @#% to craft again because you have to farm all the materials again = time.

I'm really looking forward to the 26th though.

It is ultimately a question of degree. 

In Albion Online, the ratio between effort required to create gear and how strong it is is actually designed in such a way that the benefit/cost ratio of higher level gear is lower than that of low level gear.

Said differently: Gear materials/cost increase by around 200% per tier, whereas the actual strength only increases by about 25-30%.

As a result of that, lower level gear is still very strong, and very cheap to use. 

However, if you really want to, you could also choose to PvP with super rare gear - just beware of the risks involved. And on the other hand, given that the game is full loot, you might now and then kill somebody with rare gear who was not careful and claim it for yourself. 

When it comes to effort and time spent, there is a 100% player driven market place where you can sell your gear our buy gear that other players have made. This will help you if you do not like gathering and crafting and just want to PvP for spoils or ransom.