Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warships: RPS Weekend Event by the Numbers & Next Event Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has sent out an interesting infographic to show off the numbers from the recent World of WarShips "Rock, Paper, Scissors" weekend. The numbers are pretty amazing and show off the high level of interest in the forthcoming title.

The next beta preview weekend is going live from January 23rd to 25th and will include the new addition of aircraft carriers.

With the introduction of the aircraft carrier class, bringing the total class of warships up to four, players also have the chance to take advantage of stealthy destroyers, stalwart cruisers and devastating battleships.

Aircraft carriers offer a unique angle to combat, delivering RTS style gameplay and the ability to launch three types of warplane squadrons (fighters, dive bombers and torpedo bombers) against any opponent.

Find out more about the weekend or get signed up on the World of WarShips site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HarkynHarkyn Member Posts: 67

If you want to be competitive beyond the first few tiers, you need to buy premium (membership) and/or premium vehicles... And don't forget to whip out your credit card and load up some gold ammo so you have a chance when the game pits you versus other players 3 tiers above your own.

Have fun.

I'm a gamer and I play games, not virtual vending machines.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I am not sure what game you are talking about but you dont need to do that in any of their games to be competative.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

pretty much what caldrin, and steve said. I have spent money on WOT, but only as an option, never felt forced to. There is no real competitive edge if you buy, or don't buy. Comes down to knowledge of your vehicle and weapons strengths and weakness and using them to your advantage, and general tactics.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Loki64Loki64 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I am not sure what game you are talking about but you dont need to do that in any of their games to be competative.

It's just obvious that he's not played WoT recently... I don't play WoWP much if not all, but in the beginning it was quite common to get stuck in battles with tanks 3 tiers your senior.  While I don't sling gold as much as others do... I do keep a small supply on hand for those "tough nuts"!  Learning the strengths & weaknesses of the tank you drive is key to mastering that game... having nimble fingers & good situation awareness doesn't hurt either, both of which I don't possess as my 50 year old brains don't move that fast.  The gold ammo issue did accelerate a bit when they made it available for credits, but once folks found it doesn't give you the "I win" button, its use has subsided somewhat.  As far as having a premium tank... they are just average tanks for their tier with better credit earning potential, and sometimes preferential matchmaking.  A premium account is a bonus but not necessary... it accelerates your credit earning and XP earning capabilities.

Funny how you guys dismiss it as non issues.

But what I said is facts:

Premium tanks is better than other tanks, and you will have a much easier time driving one.

Gold ammo is double the amount of armor penetration, and also way higher damage, if you want to buy gold ammo for credits you better be premium member, and even then, you won't be able to shoot as much gold as people who just straight up buys gold ammo.

Still to this day you will get matched with tiers higher than you, I think it's 2 tiers higher in WOT, and you will not be able to take down a t5 tank when driving in your little t3.. You could buy a premium tank and some gold ammo to help you though.

Premium membership is pretty much a must if you ever want to play higher tiers.

And then there's instant training of crew for gold, as well.

If you say that everyone is equal in these games you are straight up lying.. How much fun you have is directly tied to how much money you throw at it.

Don't get mad at me for telling the truth.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

How did I miss this? I have been waiting for WOWS for a while now and totally missed that there was a Beta Weekend. I NEED to get in to the next one!

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Harkyn

Premium tanks is better than other tanks, and you will have a much easier time driving one.

Gold ammo is double the amount of armor penetration, and also way higher damage, if you want to buy gold ammo for credits you better be premium member, and even then, you won't be able to shoot as much gold as people who just straight up buys gold ammo.

Still to this day you will get matched with tiers higher than you, I think it's 2 tiers higher in WOT, and you will not be able to take down a t5 tank when driving in your little t3.. You could buy a premium tank and some gold ammo to help you though.

If you say that everyone is equal in these games you are straight up lying.. How much fun you have is directly tied to how much money you throw at it.

Truth is I played WoT for almost 3 years and never once used gold ammo in a live environment.  Even with this handicap I had a 1500+ WN8 rating and a 53% win rate in like 7200 matches.  Premium memberships and premium tanks were never needed because you could grind a Tier 5 sherman if you needed credits to feed your Tier 9 and 10 beasts.  Premium time and tanks only speed up progression but were never required.

Additionally premium tanks in general are weaker than fully researched vehicles of the same tier so when you buy a premium tank, your actually buying a disadvantaged tank from a competitive standpoint anyway.   Only advantage they have is the ability to use any crew of a similar weight class and credit income which again just meant less time spent grinding with that tier 5 Sherman but only that.

Finally, yep, the MM matches a range of tiers to each match, usually 3 Tiers so a Tier 6 tank will see some matches where it it facing mostly Tier 7-8 tanks but in other matches it will be top dog facing mostly Tier 4-5 tanks which means in some matches you dominate and others you might struggle a bit but in the end it balances itself out.  Also I have kill tanks 2 Tiers higher than me plenty of times so saying you can't kill something 2 tiers higher is horse hockey

So yeah,  while you might have reasons to dislike WoTs, and I can respect that,  none of what you say is really the absolute truth about the game.  

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by midnitewolf
    Originally posted by Harkyn

Truth is I played WoT for almost 3 years and never once used gold ammo in a live environment.  Even with this handicap I had a 1500+ WN8 rating and a 53% win rate in like 7200 matches.  Premium memberships and premium tanks were never needed because you could grind a Tier 5 sherman if you needed credits to feed your Tier 9 and 10 beasts.  Premium time and tanks only speed up progression but were never required.

Additionally premium tanks in general are weaker than fully researched vehicles of the same tier so when you buy a premium tank, your actually buying a disadvantaged tank from a competitive standpoint anyway.   Only advantage they have is the ability to use any crew of a similar weight class and credit income which again just meant less time spent grinding with that tier 5 Sherman but only that.

Finally, yep, the MM matches a range of tiers to each match, usually 3 Tiers so a Tier 6 tank will see some matches where it it facing mostly Tier 7-8 tanks but in other matches it will be top dog facing mostly Tier 4-5 tanks which means in some matches you dominate and others you might struggle a bit but in the end it balances itself out.  Also I have kill tanks 2 Tiers higher than me plenty of times so saying you can't kill something 2 tiers higher is horse hockey

So yeah,  while you might have reasons to dislike WoTs, and I can respect that,  none of what you say is really the absolute truth about the game.  

Pretty much this. Never had problem playing without gold, have loads of fun in this game. You will suffer more from solo players on your team not wanting to help the team, than from gold playing enemies in this game.

Doesn't matter how good you think you are, It's irrelevant.

You can buy gold ammo to do double the armor pen and damage, you can pay gold to train your crew instantly, on top of a subscription which is pretty much needed if you want to get anywhere in this game.

These things can't be argued, it's facts.

And it's gonna be the same in all their games.

• Drew213Drew213 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Played WOT 11K battles and this is the common complaint is Gold rounds/tanks etc etc. I true master of gaming never uses excuses to loose. It is what it is. You either but in the time to be great or do not. I played closed beta WOT, closed Alpha WOP and this WOS. Honestly this game rocks and I like it a lot.