Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is about combat (Video)

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its obvious, this game is all about combat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ixYWswJ1M&feature=youtu.be

Lets just hope in the end they dont make the same mistakes as DCUO, which ended up with a non living non immersive world..'Sadly thats where actionoriented games so far have ended up...   And i could not yet find any proof of this game being different... its a portal game...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Looks pretty boring. Its a lot of spinning and big flashy crap. Seems like they are targeting the younger gamers with the style game they are making.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Looks pretty boring. Its a lot of spinning and big flashy crap. Seems like they are targeting the younger gamers with the style game they are making.

Boring? Thats because you might not understand the combat, its a combo system mostly, so you are allways making decisions and reacting to the world.....    You can not judge a combat system from a video, you need to egt into the details to understand what it is all about.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98

boring :(

flashy here

flashy there..

why's all the Flash nowadays? :(

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Wow these comments are disapointing.

It's flashy so must be for kids? /facepalm

Just because it's flashy doesn't mean it's bad or targeted at a certain group of players. Felt people didn't even listen to what was said, these guys seem to have put alot of thought into the combat, to brush it aside because it's flash is a odd thing to do.

Gamers these days seem very close minded imho 

• ghorgosghorgos Member UncommonPosts: 191

sadly another console-approach

Good for the melee-type players that realy benefit from the action but what they tell and show about casters realy sucks for me.

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91

"The combat system is 90% of most games. The very core..."

90%? really?

I guess I'm just an out of touch old fogey that thinks lore + world + crafting + building + everything else anyone can think of, should probably be more than 10% of a game...

• gipfeligipfeli Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by TheDove

90%? really?

I guess I'm just an out of touch old fogey that thinks lore + world + crafting + building + everything else anyone can think of, should probably be more than 10% of a game...

sad right?

all focus on combat and still not appealing ^^

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by gipfeli
    Originally posted by TheDove

90%? really?

sad right?

all focus on combat and still not appealing ^^

It might be appealing. Don't know yet. I'm not against pure combat games; just always hope for more than that. :)

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    It is nice to see that the running animation is more upright here compared to the Korean norm of bend over running.
  • Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    what's wrong with flashy combat? I'm 34 and it looks FUN to me =D 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Originally posted by Nasa
    It is nice to see that the running animation is more upright here compared to the Korean norm of bend over running.

Could be because developers are Russians.

Looks interesting will have to see how fleshed out the world is. Combat alone is not enough for me. Need a real immersive world.