Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG what a load of %$£!!!!

Comments

• pingofdeathpingofdeath Member Posts: 83

And to everyone who keep saying "It's just a Beta, give it time":

Stop kidding yourselves. When a game enters beta, its content and mechanics are FINISHED. All that remains is bug testing and making minor fixes to game-breaking bugs prior to final printing and release. When the game comes out, it's going to be exactly what you have now except with better translation (hopefully) and maybe a bit fewer bugs. That's it.

If you think the game sucks now but plan on sticking it out till release, don't waste your time.

Insert generic anime quote/My Chemical Romance lyrics here.

• ZanuZanu Member Posts: 2
    RF-online, hmm its a... well not so good of a game.  The idea of the futuristic war for the world is an awesome idea, they just need to fill it out with some good gameplay and a better system of how you do things, they need to start with letting you customize you keys, not all people want to click to move.... or press Ctrl + (w/e) to do EVERYTHING in the game..... and the jumping doesnt really jump, its just some fancy twirl around thing( for Cora at least).  If they filled this game out with PvP zones and more equipment(instead of the 5 peices of equipment they have from level 1-30).  They should also put where you can actually inspect what somebody has and actually see what level they are....
  • BertioBertio Member Posts: 1

". The point is the game requires you to engage in PvE to get to the PvP. Problem is, the PvE isn't fun. A game should never require you to do something not fun to get to something fun. When a game isn't fun it's nolonger a game--it's a chore."

Ok thats all that needs to be said the end...no flaming no  name calling nothing more....this game is a chore who wants to jump on a pay to play game where you pay to do chores....I do chores then I get paid not the other way around it just doesnt make any sense someone needs to sticky that quote or something if everyone reads it there will be no more confusion about this game, plain and simple...and to all of you die harders who are to hard headed to never say no and will ride this game to the end all your gonna end up with at the end is...nothing....oh and you might be hundreds of dollars poorer...I just feel bad for codemasters....I really liked those guys....or was it papyrus I dont know I dont like seeing game companys go under :(

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135
    Can't get enough of this game was a bit of a slow start but the game really does begin at lvl 25 Diablo 2 eat your heart out!!!! Woot! All about grinding the PvE for rares to make you ubur in PvP, and searching for Talics to upgrade your armour and weapons. Love it :D

------------------------------------------------
    Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    ------------------------------------------------
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• Sin316Sin316 Member Posts: 53

ok i played a few days now.

- storyline : not existing
    - rp : not existing
    -pve : boring
    -quests : where ? kill 20 this kill 20 of that ... i dont call that a quest
    -pvp : who has more potions
    -mining : in this mmo people dont even need bots anymore ... to make i cash to sell on ebay rofl

btw i dont play WoW (i tried , didnt liked it, but then , i dont like most medival setting mmos)

i gonna make some comparision with Anarchy Online (imo comes closest to what rf tries to be)

-storyline : Anarchy Online has a great Storyline , a solid Story Background and makes you believe it (i suggest watching the AO movies on their website , they also have Timelines etc).

-RP : alltho i was never the rp playing kinda guy 8im more the d2 kinda guy , get high level and kickass items :p) i still enjoed the casual rp in AO. For example you have tons and TONS of outfits (with no effect whatsoever , just for the look). You can have Marriages ingame (with gm0s assisting and declaring them husband and wife + they have same last name then). You have houndreds of ways to customize your character (size , sex, face etc)

-pve : pve is probably the most difficult part of any mmorpg. How to make it not boring , yet lasting. I dont say , AO has the ultimate pve , no , but a lot more diverted then rf , which has like no diversion (in rf , you basicly kill one kind of mob each level, then next level you walk 100 m to next group of mobs of next level ..) Also in AO there are a lot of bosses around to kill (there are different kinds , like "Unique Bosses" like tara etc, which respawn every 9 hrs or so after being killed) and there are "Dyna Bosses" which are basicly Dynamic spawned Bosses with minions (they drop special loot like End Bosses in team missions).

-quests : like pve , this is also a difficult thing to make for mmorpgs. And ive to say , AO simply has the best of any mmorpg i know of (i dont know al mmo's or did i play them all) First off there are difference kinda quests/mission. You can modify missions to your own preference. Like more stealthy ? more head on ? Missions can be to find an item , or to bring an item, kill a boss. There are Quest where you have to find a number of bosses etc etc. (or quests that give you unique items etc). Also Missions give you "tokens" which you can use to upgad a board which gives you bonuses to your abilitys/hp etc.

pvp : pvp in AO is totally optional. You dont have to , if you dont want (besides a few areas which are always pvp enabled , like tararasque ( a level 300 Unique Boss) where clan and omni (the 2 Main factions in AO) can fight for the right to kill the Boss (which has very powerfull Unique items) There is also same in shadowlands, but for High end level chars (210+ i think). If someone wants to pvp however, you can attack enemy turrets (so called Notum Mining Turrets , which give bonuses to owner/guild, both permanent bonuses and "stationary bonuses for being nearby (giving an edge to defender). And i can say , PVP in AO is fun. There is no pot spawn (first aid pots have recharge time of like 40 something seconds) while health kits can only be used when sitting and not in combat) Also there is a level restriction , of who can kill who (not like in most asian mmos , where a level 60 can kill a level 10 in a blow lol). Which makes it all more challenging. Especially since there are so many different items and skills that are involved, so it doesnt feel as generic as rf for example.

someone on rf board told me "rf graphics -> Ao graphics"

here my reply

Ao is from 2001 (with graphics improved in 2003 or 2004) and sorry, rf doesnt look better then AO. Ao has a lot more details (more objects , animations etc etc). RF does look ok, but by no means more advanced then todays games ...

check this
    out.

Also it has wildlife animations (like animals n stuff flying and hopping around) real time rendered clouds, Spaceships flying above, real time weather (with rain , storms , sandstorms etc) i didnt see any of this in rf. And dont get me wrong , i dont try to convince anyone to play AO. But AO imo is THE game rf will stand against the most (as being similar) more even then it stands against WoW (since its a totally different setting). And also AO is making a new Expansion , which once again will improve graphics. So all i say is, better do something , or youll lose this war.

anyway my fazit : i rather play Anarchy Online (which has new Expansion coming + huge content patch) then playing rf online.

btw im in no way affilated with anarchy online or funcom whatsoever. Also i dont play AO regulary anymore , due to real life time consumtion (i play every now and then , so i keep updated hehe).

• 007sniper007sniper Member Posts: 8
    I dont know how you all who dont like this game dont like it its about 1000 times better then WoW , and it dousnt have exsesive quests around every single turn it actuelly makes you work to lvl , the pvp is fun once you get to 25 atleast thats where i am. and once the game is lounched they are adding new quests probly weapons etc... deff the best game to come out if your into massive pvp. Altho the new lord of the rings mmo looks pretty good ^_^
  • ZzenoZzeno Codemasters Community ManagerMember Posts: 15

It is apparent that RF will appeal to some and not to others. That is the nature of games and gamer's tastes.

The criticism has been taken on board and we are looking into making changes here and there once we have finished the changes we are doing right now.

I'm glad most are at least giving it a few days as opposed to an hour or two to at least get a taster.

Maybe we can draw you back after our Big giga update post launch :D

Michael Rowland
    Producer
    Codemasters Online

• Qu1etusQu1etus Member Posts: 3

Ok first, to people like 007sniper, can you at least spend 15 seconds to proofread your post? Most people just skip over babble like that, and it's not like this is an ingame chatroom.

I have played maybe 26 some hours so far, and am about to hit level 30. My expectations were far too high, and my opinion of the game fell through the floor once I started. I am still pushing myself to 30 though, so I can see this miraculous change everyone keeps telling me is at 30.

We all know the PvE sucks. We all know the quests suck. We all know there are lots of translation errors and bugs to fix.

So let's get right to judging the PvP, the focus of this game. First off, it is zerg pvp, no question about it. And like someone said earlier, most of it is clumping together, usually on some turrets, while you fend off a handful of (bored) higher level players looking to harrass you. I'm not a huge WoW fan, but the TM zergfests were more fun than anything RFO has to offer.

There is no risk, there is no reward (except the ability to afk mine, woo). Everyone keeps saying this is about "massive pvp battles" but it is sadly, not. First there is the view range limitation, meaning you  won't ever really know it's a massive battle, until someone else tells you (and only after he runs for 15 minutes to see the entire thing). But no one would spread out, since you need to focus fire on a target thanks to the ridiculous potion system. So everyone is forced to clump. It is now no longer a massive, epic battle. It is now a large, laggy clump of people engaging in small scale conflicts. But just because you have 300 people in your ball, you are told it's an epic battle. This is if you can leave one of your areas without getting one shotted by a bored higher level.

Why rag so much on Guild Wars? It DEFINATELY has superior PvP, and it CAN be compared, as it combines RPGPVP aspects in the game. The same thing RFO is trying to do here. The PvP is balanced, fast paced, and it doesn't have to lie to you to get you to participate. Plus it actually gives you more options than 1 attack skill and 2 buffs for most of your characters career.

For RFO to compete with any of the main MMOs out there (GW, EvE, WoW, etc) it definately needs a massive PvE revamp. They are alienating huge portions of their market by not including a decent PvE system by focusing on their already subpar PvP system. Once you get the PvE guys in, you can get them involved in the PvP, since it is a zero risk system, and is tied into mining, which many PvE guys might be in to. It needs PvP improvements, mostly a critical change to the potion system.

RFO is also missing any sense of immersion. Sure, you can call it sugarcoating. Sure, making everyone look completely identical might lower latency (is that their reason?) Sure, someone might enjoy wailing on an enemy called Waffle Nipples that looks like it came straight out of Sesame Street for 3 hours. Sure, someone might like playing a robot wielding a bow and arrow (seriously, much lol on this one). But they won't like it for long.

If you want massive battles play EvE online. If you want exceptional pvp, play Guild Wars. If you want to grind your eyes out for a poor excuse of a Pay to Play game, play RFO.

• fungusmongofungusmongo Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Zzeno
    It is apparent that RF will appeal to some and not to others. That is the nature of games and gamer's tastes.The criticism has been taken on board and we are looking into making changes here and there once we have finished the changes we are doing right now. I'm glad most are at least giving it a few days as opposed to an hour or two to at least get a taster. Maybe we can draw you back after our Big giga update post launch :D

giga 3? I patched it here in the Phils and its only 16MB ::::18:: is that big? lol

• sedatedsedated Member Posts: 23

pingoddeath! finally, thats the kind of post I've been longing to be read here! thanx! -im always flamed when posting something like that even in this opposing kind of thread. now i felt i'm not alone! ::::20::

"It's definitely better to be lazy than being tired of doing all the chores!"

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

RFonline is definatly the worst MMO i've played so far, with guildwars a close second, and i've played a hell of alot. i just cant beleive its supposedly popular in korea..... but then again they arent even allowed TV's so i suppose any form of game is amazing.

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Ortisai
    id have to say im gonna buy, because from what i have seen and done, its much better in concept than GW FFXI and a little better than WoW (not by a lot tho) you really need to play it for more than ust an hour or two and get to lvl 25, thats when the fun REALLY begins ^_^

Better than wow ? Are you kidding or are you saying that in a years time RF Online will have 7 million subscriptions ?

WOW is certainly a long way from perfect but it is in a different class to this game.

If you get bored with a game after months of playing it or spent 15 minutes playing it then left bwecasue it wasn't alternative enough for you, don't confuse this with the quality issue.

Caveat Emptor

Originally posted by Darksen
    lol m8 u must be pritty slow because if u read about the game it is based on PvP not PvE or RP so why would it be as gd as wow or somthing in them aspects when it is a PvP RPG lol i gess u didnt read about the game and half the people ant i dnt think

The pvp in wow is far superior to this game and thats saying something. You actually need some skill and there are some distictions between the classes skills and weapon choices involved in WOW

As for pve pvp comment - how is grinding skills and xp on computer generated mobs or afk mining for weeks on end NOT pve ? The game has both as does wow.

Caveat Emptor

Originally posted by pingofdeath
    You, sir, are a card carrying idiot. How the hell Asians can eat this crap up and ask for more is beyond me.

Have you tried miso soup m8 ? Same goes for that !

It doesnt take much more than a day (24 hours of gameplay) for the average player to get to level 25

Caveat Emptor

lol 1. guild wars is rubish and easy takes 2 days to get to lvl 20 lol talk about easy
    2. the pvp on it is boring u have to get to lvl 20 befor u can pvp or u will not have your moves and die
    3. i was meanin like 24 hours played = 2 days gaming
    4. i understand that people want more in the PvE side but this game is not a PvE game it is PvP and it has allways said that so u can't realy moan about that because they have all rdy told u that it is that way
    and it not nice to call people names so dnt do it

If it is PVP why is there only one chip war in every 24 hour period there should be a constant chip war on if that was the actual case ?

Why dont i just automatically attain levels and skilsl etc based on time spent in the game or engaged in pvp rather than having to pve to advance my character so it can pvp ?

What do I gain from engaging in pvp ? What is the pvp ranking system, what items and improvements can mi achieve for my character if I pvp ? Oh no sorry, i am a little slow, I get it it is a team pvp - my team wins control of the mine if we pvp thats the reward ! But weaht about the race balance issue ? If i am on a team with say 1/3rd of the numbers as another race (cough Cora cough) wont the team i am on nearly always loose said war, and hence have no reason to exist ?

Caveat Emptor

ye but it takes about a day to get to lvl 25 from what people said so after a day of grindin u can pvp when every u want seems pritty quick to me and pvp on every other game i have played is wank so from what i seen about the pvp it looks like what me and my m8z are after for a gd laff

Yopu really are a breast my lad !

You can erm pvp in wow from level 0 and I am sure it is the substantially same in most mmog with any pvp

The issue with this game in respects of pvp is that in a lot of experienced pvp ers opinions pvp lacks any skill and is therefore unrewarding. That is a pretty compelling arguement not to buy it if you like pvp and have turned your back on virtually every other game because their pvp is "wank" .

I suspect that just like a wank - your excitement and pleasure over this game will be just as short lived even if you do do it with your "m8z for a gd laff" !

::::34::

Caveat Emptor

• BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18

Beating a dead horse here.

I been playing this game too. I think the character Creation is okay. But I notice that the graphics where like What the hell? This game has that complete upright felling of a L2 clone. Same BS poltics, Same.. gah... I can ramble on about this game. I am not happy with this game and I think Codemaster was trying to bring themselves into the world of MMORPGs a little to quick. I think this game should be held back for another year till they can refind some of there bug issue maybe add more quest base. The Storyline I found was a little confusing. I don't know how I can say this. But, this well havea pretty short lifespan. I just have that felling. But the Animated Movie was pretty sweet, and I well leave it there..

Broadshore, Out.

• BlueDaggerBlueDagger Member Posts: 58

Rather then waste my time typing about this game I jsut quote the same thing I posted in the RF forums with a few clarifications...

When I first saw this game the graphics and the storyline/lore really pulled me in. I love the anime look at feel to the game and even playing the beta I still love the graphics. To answer your question, no I highly doubt I'll play after my 30 free days with my pre-order that I can't cancel. Unless CM pulls a mircle out of their a** this game it going to burn do to the issues that we beta testers have put forth and are getting no feedback on.

-The first days of the release are going to be plagued by so much KSing that 1/4 of the people will quit just due to that. Their plan of a "Code of Conduct" and account suspending are great... if you have enough GMs to cover every spaw ground and hell... that will prob take care of the next 1/4.

-The party system only supports grinding, and while I'm a fan of grinding, 30 lvls worth is rediculously excessive in a 50 capped game. With the quests, I looked at them and thought they were just beta quests, but the more I look at them the more it seems this is the way the retail is supposed to look.

-The character generation has no varity, so you see 900 people walking around identical to yourself.

-The weapons and armor, while looking very beautiful, are not diverse and the special effect weapons are sometimes laughable. (Who wants a lumbering spear that gives you .01 of your attack back to Spirit Points, you would have to hit 30 times for 100 per to get enough to use 1 basic skill)

-Crafting has no varity and is senseless grinding in it's self. Hell you can't even make intense gear. (clarification: Intense gear is like an advanced version of the gear the only thing people want to buy pre lvl 30)

I could go on and on which most of us have in threads to the Devs with zero feedback. Unless CM is building up one hell of a patch that they are going to put on right before release (which would be a buggy nightmare in it's self) then I belive this game has enough depth to last most people a max of 3 months (generous estimate), hence locking people into preorders was the original plan.

I loved the game, but lack of feedback and the seemingly zero control CM has over it has made me dislike it.

... gamer forever

• erikm_5erikm_5 Member Posts: 3
    This the game was a real let down, I had hopes for this game to be a good game but it sucked. Alot of grinding, everyone kill stealing. The worst game i have ever playedimage
  • BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18

Well, let see how well it goes once RF comes out during opening day. I think I may have to retake much of what I said. ::;^`:: updating driver some times helps with many issues. But there are still bugs that need to be handed ASAP. I do agree the armor and weaponery are sweet looking. But I like the Animated Movied even better... >_>

• Sin316Sin316 Member Posts: 53

codemasters must really be desperate to getting hold in the mmo market ...

• AleesiaIarxidorAleesiaIarxidor Member UncommonPosts: 7

Right now I find the endgame to be seriously lacking. I participated in a few Chip Wars and thought they were fun, but I'm not sure how long that'll last. I think a good chunk of the population is either going to get burned out or bored due to a lack of things to do later on. Much like Shadowbane and Lineage 2, expect a mass exodus and a general collapse of the community after a few months. Right now I think the biggest thing that'll determine how long this will last post-release is how soon the next GIGA update comes out.

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84

A Brief encounter:
    I thought " what the hell was all the fuss about" after 20 minutes of play - I carried on for an hour - then uninstalled it;

Tutorial was far too clunky and the game didnt grab me at all - having played WoW for a year I was left cold by the almost total lack of immersion. Back to the bad old days of MMO is RF Online.

Awesome gfx do not a great gameplay make.

Sum up:
    control system is really awful; WASD controls are needed these days!!!
    windows system is dreadful - not just poorly translated but sentences were breaking up all over the shop.

- very disapointed -

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

RF Online proved quite a bit of a boring experience. It's one of the most shallow MMOGs I've seen, with no depth and no actual content. It seems like a game that jumped from some businessman's conclusion that "Hey, the MMOG market is growing, let's get a piece of the market pie!" without any inspiration on game design.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• SouskySousky Member Posts: 2
    Cant be that bad