Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadow of Mordor requirements vs current build

angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Hey All,

I am not sure of specs for Video Cards so I am just curious if I am giving my friend accurate information. He starts the game and it crashes after being on a black screen for a bit. I have heard this game had high minimum requirements so I thought it would be his video card based on the SPECS below. I am just not sure because numbering system for cards seems wonky to me.

Friends PC

64bit Windows 7

Intel(R) core(TM) i5 CPU 750@ 2.67GHz

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Shadow of Mordor minimum.

64bit, win 7

intel core i5 2.67ghz

radeon HD 5850 directx 

Thanks guys!

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

He's got about 1/3 of the GPU performance of the specs listed.  Possibly less if he has a DDR3 version of the card rather than GDDR5.  It's not outlandishly expensive to fix that with a GPU upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161461

That's roughly equivalent to a Radeon HD 5850, which is itself discontinued and long since off the market.  That said, don't rush to buy that card.  I'd first want to make sure that his case and power supply can handle it.  And even if he does want to go the upgrade route, he might want to upgrade to a faster card that will last him longer.