Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth coming back to?

2»

Comments

• IsidiusIsidius Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by TheGoblinKing

I would honestly not bother coming back. I checked in, and like usual in two years there almost absolutely nothing new.

no new races, traits, professions, skills, classes, i think one new zone, and ya thats about it.

Guild wars is more is pretty much the same game when it launched two years ago.

True story....yet people still don't want monthly sub models. This is what you get with f2p/b2p, exactly what you paid for.

I recently came back to and it literally was the same game, save for some trait UI changes and 100000000% more loot than ever. No doubt this was put in to get you to buy more bank/bag space from the cash shop. Yea b2p is awesome :/

The only difference is the queues in T1 WvW are shorter, if you have them at all. Still the same old blob vs. blob though. But it seems either you join the zergfest servers or you go to a less active tier and find nothing going on at all.

This game needs some new life for sure. I would love to see WvW revamped into a more static campaign ala Daoc rather than this score crap.

There wasn't much permanent stuff added but there is more than thegoblinking mentioned - there was 2 new zones alone in season 2 and even the edge of the mists. There are the XIII traits, for example.

And there was a bunch of stuff that active players experienced like the fall of lion's arch or scarlet's marionette.

Don't see how paying a sub and get pretty much nothing, which is what most of the sub models actually give - a raid here or there between expansions that are actually part of the expansion but are delayed to make the content last longer or a patch with new features pre-expansion that are actually part of the next expansion- is any better.

The fact is sub games going on 3 years after release always have truly new game content in that time. So where you are saying sub games would not be any better is just intellectually dishonest.  Live events are not content. Logging in after not playing for a year and having what I think was one of the coolest zones in any MMO destroyed......not content. This game is literally the same game it was in 2012. Funny the new traits....not one is used in any metabuild I have seen. They are worthless. 

Sub games will be a thing of the past soon. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Also yes, GW2 is worth coming back to.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Sub games are still around though like ESO, WoW , FFXIV, Wildstar ,SWTOR,EQ 2and any others I cannot recall offhand so they are hardly disappearing .  I sub to SWTOR and have subbed to EQ 2 too any game with a sub option I pick the sub.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Isidius

I would honestly not bother coming back. I checked in, and like usual in two years there almost absolutely nothing new.

no new races, traits, professions, skills, classes, i think one new zone, and ya thats about it.

True story....yet people still don't want monthly sub models. This is what you get with f2p/b2p, exactly what you paid for.

I recently came back to and it literally was the same game, save for some trait UI changes and 100000000% more loot than ever. No doubt this was put in to get you to buy more bank/bag space from the cash shop. Yea b2p is awesome :/

The only difference is the queues in T1 WvW are shorter, if you have them at all. Still the same old blob vs. blob though. But it seems either you join the zergfest servers or you go to a less active tier and find nothing going on at all.

This game needs some new life for sure. I would love to see WvW revamped into a more static campaign ala Daoc rather than this score crap.

There wasn't much permanent stuff added but there is more than thegoblinking mentioned - there was 2 new zones alone in season 2 and even the edge of the mists. There are the XIII traits, for example.

And there was a bunch of stuff that active players experienced like the fall of lion's arch or scarlet's marionette.

Don't see how paying a sub and get pretty much nothing, which is what most of the sub models actually give - a raid here or there between expansions that are actually part of the expansion but are delayed to make the content last longer or a patch with new features pre-expansion that are actually part of the next expansion- is any better.

The fact is sub games going on 3 years after release always have truly new game content in that time. So where you are saying sub games would not be any better is just intellectually dishonest.  Live events are not content. Logging in after not playing for a year and having what I think was one of the coolest zones in any MMO destroyed......not content. This game is literally the same game it was in 2012. Funny the new traits....not one is used in any metabuild I have seen. They are worthless. 

Sub games will be a thing of the past soon. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Don't tell me what I and everyone else knows, you sir have an opinion and nothing more. The fact you are trying to force your opinion on the entire MMO genre fan base discredits you completely.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Sub games are still around though like ESO, WoW , FFXIV, Wildstar ,SWTOR,EQ 2and any others I cannot recall offhand so they are hardly disappearing .  I sub to SWTOR and have subbed to EQ 2 too any game with a sub option I pick the sub.

I think ESO and Wildstar will be off that list soon (especially Wildstar). EQ2 has f2p option. Heard something about a WoW veteran edition that will be a free to play edition (speculation) - SWTOR has f2p option.

Don't tell me what I and everyone else knows, you sir have an opinion and nothing more. The fact you are trying to force your opinion on the entire MMO genre fan base discredits you completely.

Ok - come back at me in a year or so and we'll talk and bring up this sub game thing again. My opinion is just that - an opinion. I have one, you have one, everyone has one. =)

Edit: Thread derailed, so I'll leave it at that - certain people are worth replying to once maybe twice. Back on topic.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I just came back after long hiatus. Lot has changed.

Anyway. You own the game, its not like you have to pay sub.

So why not ?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Vladric_Hellsinger
    I haven't played this game in a year have I missed anything good? 

All the updates have been living story, so only difference you will see if the current living story. Runs every 2-4 weeks of new content and the newest update removes last weeks living story. Other then that, you have nothing new to catch up on. There is a rumored expansion at the end of this year I may check out. Also Season 2 the new updates are static (stay in the game unlike season 1 living story) So you may see some new persistent content. I hope its better then the fluffy updates season 1 gave us. 

Is it worth going back? IMO, that depends on the new updates and expansion brings. 

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Dakeru

The fans will tell you it's worth coming back.

The haters will tell you it isn't.

/thread

But the joking aside - there are 2 new areas for farming and a new free story instance every 2 weeks (if you log in within 14 days after it was released)

I am neither a fan or a hater. After almost 6 months break i updated the game and logged in just to log out after 10 to 15 minutes. I don't know what it is it about this game it just got no hooks for me anymore. And population on my server Desolation seems to be all time low. All my guilds are dead and people haven't logged in for over 4 months. image

• RoootRooot Member Posts: 2

Try the game out for yourself. Nobody can tell you if you will like it or not.

Anyway after playing the latest living story chapter you will get a trailer for 

SPOILER

Gw2: Heart of Thorns

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Ok - come back at me in a year or so and we'll talk and bring up this sub game thing again. My opinion is just that - an opinion. I have one, you have one, everyone has one. =)

Edit: Thread derailed, so I'll leave it at that - certain people are worth replying to once maybe twice. Back on topic.

Why? You already told me I know it...

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • CriticKittenCriticKitten Member UncommonPosts: 47

Depends.

If you bought the game with no prior assumptions, it's probably worth checking out again.  Though be warned that you'll have to pay them real money if you want to play any of the recent story content (they made a change to their business model and now charge you a small fee per "episode" unless you regularly log in), and it hasn't gotten much better, so you may just be better off avoiding the story altogether.

If you bought the game on the assumption that it would stay true to its promise of being an "MMO revolution", you're better off not bothering.  They've shifted heavily towards traditional MMO trappings, and other games are already starting to come out that do a lot of the things GW2 did (or promised to do)....so the game's been slowly losing a lot of what made it unique.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I came back to  this game a few months back and I am still having a blast.  I don't play it all the time but I do for a few hours a week and enjoy myself when I am on.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Always good to come back to something you own! If you are bored of what you are playing right now, then GW2 is always a good home base imo. It's a solid, polished, and fun title!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.