Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's the big announcement DMKano?

124»

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Octagon7711

We're not talking about every rumor. It has been documented in forums of players asking if the game is going F2P or B2P.

Wide spread or "hot" rumor is still a rumor, even the well documented one :)

That's true but I'm talking about a specific question, which is not invalidated because of it's source.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by ohioastro

There is zero evidence for a switch to a free box - microtransaction model.  Zero.  The claims are about whether there is a switch to a paid box + DLC / no sub model tied to the console release.

I sympathize with the claim that they could address this - except that the people pushing it would not believe any answer that didn't match their prejudices.  What are they supposed to do - deny that there is any prospect that they will ever change their payment model?  That's ridiculous for any online game. If they say "no plans at this time" people will trumpet that they didn't close the door.  There is literally nothing that they can say that will quench things.

I also dislike the promotion of rumor-mongering, because there are people tied to competing games, either as employees or players who've committed a lot of money or time.  And these people have a stake in promoting false rumors about competitors.  Kano talks like a Trion employee about Archeage - I suppose that it's possible he's just someone who has sunk hundreds of hours into playing it or has a lot of in-game wealth.  But, in either case, he is clearly trying to harm the prospects of a competing game by spreading rumors about it. And I wish that this site was more aggressive about sanctioning that.

I agree.  What better way to try and drive people back to AA than convince others the alternative is in trouble.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by Iselin

I'm glad someone else understand that concept. Every time I mention that ZOS needs to say something, I get all kinds of people trying to "educate" me about why they shouldn't

Like the poster you replied to, implied admission does not mean what you think it means.

Implied admission would apply if you could present an evidence, ie. presenting relevant document or communication implying shift in ESO business model. If this evidence is not denied by the other party, implied admission would be assumed - such evidence would be accepted as admitted by both parties. Note, it relates strictly to evidence, not guilt.

In no way it means that every rumor and non-sense thrown around that isn't officially denied can be taken as true, which is being falsely proposed here.

We're not talking about every rumor.  It has been documented in forums of players asking if the game is going F2P or B2P because of the removal of the 6 month payment option.  The response has been a re-post of their current pay model.  A reasonable person would expect a posted reply of 'No, we have no plans of going either F2P or B2P.' as a direct response to the questions as have been given in the past when such questions were asked.   If that person did not receive such a response it is believe to be an implied admission.

I think that because this is not a court of law proving guilt is not at issue here.

You are mistaking others opinions as your own.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Perjure
    Originally posted by DMKano

Oh the news is coming - I made the thread.

ESO is going B2P - this you can take to the bank - 100% certain of this as I wouldnt have made the thread otherwise.

The reason why - console launch would go very badly with subscriptions, so they will switch to B2P model.

All of you calling me names now are going to be eating those words soon - I will be looking forward to your apologies :)

He said BTP not FTP :)

That depends, if there is a cash shop, then its just a F2P game with a box price, true B2P, there is no cash shop. image

true P2P game should have no paywalls and no cash shops but TESO/WoW/FFXIV/EVE are failing and failing hard at that. So what does that make them? :) 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Leave poor DMKano alone. He obviously has little else going on in his life. Let him have this.

Joined - July 2004

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

ESO is going B2P - this you can take to the bank - 100% certain of this as I wouldnt have made the thread otherwise.

The reason why - console launch would go very badly with subscriptions, so they will switch to B2P model.

All of you calling me names now are going to be eating those words soon - I will be looking forward to your apologies :)

That depends, if there is a cash shop, then its just a F2P game with a box price, true B2P, there is no cash shop. image

true P2P game should have no paywalls and no cash shops but TESO/WoW/FFXIV/EVE are failing and failing hard at that. So what does that make them? :) 

That's more like it. Now this is the kind of brainless trolling we're used to in this forum.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

That's more like it. Now this is the kind of brainless trolling we're used to in this forum.

Gotta have standards! image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

@OP, you really should be ashamed. Now DMKano may be making wild speculations on the future of ESO (I doubt anyone took that thread seriously) but what you are doing is just stupid. Creating an entire thread to personally address one person and mock them violates quite a few rules on these forums.

This deserves a 7 day vacation from the forums imo :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

That's true but I'm talking about a specific question, which is not invalidated because of it's source.

Rephrasing your already addressed points won't change the fact that it is all just a rumor with no evidence whatsoever, neither it pushes the discussion into constructive direction.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Rephrasing your already addressed points won't change the fact that it is all just a rumor with no evidence whatsoever, neither it pushes the discussion into constructive direction.

Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Last 2 threads about this were locked so OP thought it would be a good idea to make another thread about it.... image

It seems like it's about raising awareness that someone said something, got people worked up and now they want to remind the person that what you say doesn't go away on the internet so easily. They are trying to see if there is a legit excuse for why their prediction hasn't happened or see if they will ignore it. I never get a good reaction from confronting people around here though, usually they just report me and I end up banned so maybe they'll learn that around here sometimes it's easier to leave for a month than call someone out because your odds of winning are extremely low. There must be something magical about that report button.

I too think it will get locked. I think they like the person and they'll try to keep them out of harms way. Of course, people railed on Appleton from Greed Monger for being a faker and no one shut that down. Soooo depends on who you choose to call a fake whether or not someone reacts.

No, this thread is a full troll mode bait. Any kind of personal attacks like this are strictly against the forum rules and in my opinion should not be tolerated.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Is it just me or does anybody else feel this has all got a bit out of context ?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by fivoroth

No, this thread is a full troll mode bait. Any kind of personal attacks like this are strictly against the forum rules and in my opinion should not be tolerated.

It is not a personal attack to hold a person accountable to their statements, especially of this nature. IF he did in fact have a friend at ZOS who told him something... it's rude as hell to bring it to a forum like this in the nature he did. "Friends" don't tell you company secrets for you to flaunt them in public setting up I told you so moments. Which is exactly what he was doing. Parading insider knowledge to look cool is ugly.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Seems to me, the people calling for the OP to be banned is in the F2P camp.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

News worthy rumors often get official replies, I've seen public officials respond to rumors, especially to deny.  As to no evidence whatsoever, I'm saying that a tacit admission is a form of evidence.   Because it's so easy for them to say their not going F2P/P2P.  One possible reason they won't would be if it's true. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

News worthy rumors often get official replies, I've seen public officials respond to rumors, especially to deny.  As to no evidence whatsoever, I'm saying that a tacit admission is a form of evidence.   Because it's so easy for them to say their not going F2P/P2P.  One possible reason they won't would be if it's true. 

News worthy rumors mean it's something new, F2P/B2P rumors have been going on for quite a while. Didn't they just address one on their forms not long ago, by saying they have no plans to change models at this time? They're supposed to address a random forum user as well now?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

As to no evidence whatsoever, I'm saying that a tacit admission is a form of evidence. 

Absence of evidence is not an evidence.

Tacit admission is not what you think it is, as explained in my elaborated post above.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Zeddakis
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Trolling a troll ( if you think that) is still trolling.

I'm not trolling. I'm calling him out to answer for his previous post. 

Calling out this guy pretty much results in a reported posting and a ban. Enjoy yours :)

Well if it happens it happens. It was worth it to call him out on his post. I mean really what impact does a ban have my life? Do they post news here that I can't read from many many other sources? Can I not still view the site? What's not to enjoy?

So starting the post was useless. 

Why do you say that? I don't see how you got that from my last reply.

Well, for one if you get banned it does nothing for you or anyone else. Calling another forum member out in this way makes you look somewhat foolish.  A simple PM to him would have done just as good imho. So, the post is pretty much useless.

edit: I'm also sorry if I confused post or reply with the entire subject. 

Not to me. I'm glad he did it. Infact I wanted too, but I have too many infractions as it is for calling games out. Odds are since he is a new guy he'll get a warning. Also he gets much props from me and I'm sure others. image

Well everyone is different I suppose. To me it's fine debating a subject, but starting an entire thread with another forum members name in the title is over the line. Not necessary imho. Find the old discussion and just continuing it would have been just as effective. No big deal to me! Just say'n. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

This discussion has been closed.