Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new pocket item

We allready have a pocket item, that when equiped stops me from gaining XP, so i can stay on level...  It costed like 495tp, and was worth every penny, as it allowed me to finish main stories and do dungeons while still challenging and fun..

But now, i am max level again, i look back to all those lands and realise how much quests and other stuff, are still left to do.. But being overleveled makes them not fun, ..    So i am wayting for them to release another pocket item, that when equiped effectively lowers your level to the level of the area you are in...   I would gladly pay 1000TP for such a pocket item..

And yes, i know, it might not allways be evenly ballanced, but it will allways be much more ballanced then running around there on my max level character..   I posted this on their facebook site but never got any response.... But i can not immagine that others would not love such a stone too, so why not add it, as it will bring them lots of real money (no i dont mind paying for things that are fun, espescially things like this make online shops somewhat worth it)

(Normally people do all that content on their alts, but in this game, there is only one class i want to play, and one character i want to play, in which i am totally immersed)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Dan2607Dan2607 Member UncommonPosts: 35

I'm not sure a pocket item of that ilk would be for me.

I don't have too many alts but use them to level up through different paths.

I am intrigued by the one class that you use and how you manage to currently keep yourself busy in the game?  I have 2 max level characters and vary other types of play through various lower level alts.

Interested to know because I think the plans for this game in 2015 are quite exciting, for me anyways.

I play on EU Evernight.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I think EQ2 had the most brilliant solution to this. You could do a number of things to control your levels:

1. Ask an NPC to lower your level so you can do low level quests. They even had special quests/rewards for sending you to do low level zones/quests.

2. You can slow down xp gain significantly by reducing the xp gain you get (a % scale). But unlike in other games where they let you disable xp, you still progress by accumating Alternative progression experience even if you turn xp gain to 0.

It would be great if both or one of those was introduced to LOTRO. There's just too many zones and quests in the game. Probably 4-5 times more than you need. This becomes very apparent in the 40-50 range where you have too many zones.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by fivoroth

I think EQ2 had the most brilliant solution to this. You could do a number of things to control your levels:

1. Ask an NPC to lower your level so you can do low level quests. They even had special quests/rewards for sending you to do low level zones/quests.

2. You can slow down xp gain significantly by reducing the xp gain you get (a % scale). But unlike in other games where they let you disable xp, you still progress by accumating Alternative progression experience even if you turn xp gain to 0.

It would be great if both or one of those was introduced to LOTRO. There's just too many zones and quests in the game. Probably 4-5 times more than you need. This becomes very apparent in the 40-50 range where you have too many zones.

I never understood why no other games ever copied this EQ2 feature, it was and still is brilliant..

i also like the GW2 system, which in that game is a must to protect the content...  But i can imagine in other games people preferring a choice like in EQ2...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• marcmymarcmy Member UncommonPosts: 95
    This is actually a great idea, because it could work for dungeons and raids. I'd even consider playing again if they added such an item. Good thinking, hope you suggest this on their site forums.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Elite: Dangerous | Recently played: FFXIV, Rift, LoTRO, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Guild Wars 2 | Single player RPGs: Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by fivoroth

I never understood why no other games ever copied this EQ2 feature, it was and still is brilliant..

i also like the GW2 system, which in that game is a must to protect the content...  But i can imagine in other games people preferring a choice like in EQ2...

City of Heroes had the flashback system to complete mission/story-arcs that you missed, passed on or out leveled.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"