Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the internet Trion.

ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

It is absolutely stupid , game breaking,  and costly for players to loose trade packs if they disconnect.

There are many reasons for a player to disconnect. Isp issues, issues on your end, computer issues etc::

If a player disconnects why can't he/she  login back when the issue is resolved with his/her  trade packs?

You save the ones on our back? Why can't you save the ones on the vehicles?

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

and more another wave in bad  desing in this game :P

Leave this ..... and back to entrpia its better

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134

Haha i agree with OP

I uninstalled Archeage like 5 days ago, when i opened 135 Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest to see if i could get the sloth glider and i got nada, 30k gold wasted and nothing to show for it.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by vadio123

and more another wave in bad  desing in this game :P

Leave this ..... and back to entrpia its better

Yea I haven't played Entropia for almost a year.  I have an account with about $1200.00 on it.

At least I know that is not going anywhere and it might have appreciated:)

Originally posted by FeralLoki

Haha i agree with OP

I uninstalled Archeage like 5 days ago, when i opened 135 Friendly Flyer Treasure Chest to see if i could get the sloth glider and i got nada, 30k gold wasted and nothing to show for it.

I don't gamble on locked boxes so I won't experience that. I do feel your pain. My concern is basic stuff like disconnecting and loosing your stuff.

I do enjoy the game despite the pay walls. I am a casual player and I am in no hurry to be  (epeen)

My concern is how shoddy this game is being managed.

Here is an example.

I made an alt account to mine.  (Stone is expensive) I tried to log in on new account only to be told I am logging in from a new location and I need to confirm. Now I have never logged in with this account before. Haven't even made a character.

Guess what after several hours I never received the authorization code. (checked spam in email)

Submitted a ticket, no response. I gave up on the alt account :)

I just hate to loose my stuff for disconnecting , for whatever reason?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by ShortyBible

It is absolutely stupid , game breaking,  and costly for players to loose trade packs if they disconnect.There are many reasons for a player to disconnect. Isp issues, issues on your end, computer issues etc::If a player disconnects why can't he/she  login back when the issue is resolved with his/her  trade packs?You save the ones on our back? Why can't you save the ones on the vehicles?

Because such measures are extremely vulnerable to exploits - you are in danger -> you disconnect -> login back and continue your trade run in safety.

Originally posted by Gdemami

It is absolutely stupid , game breaking,  and costly for players to loose trade packs if they disconnect.

There are many reasons for a player to disconnect. Isp issues, issues on your end, computer issues etc::

If a player disconnects why can't he/she  login back when the issue is resolved with his/her  trade packs?

Because such measures are extremely vulnerable to exploits - you are in danger -> you disconnect -> login back and continue your trade run in safety.

OK makes sense . I appreciate your response.

This post wins the thread :)

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Haha i agree with OP

I don't gamble on locked boxes so I won't experience that. I do feel your pain. My concern is basic stuff like disconnecting and loosing your stuff.

I do enjoy the game despite the pay walls. I am a casual player and I am in no hurry to be  (epeen)

Here is an example.

I made an alt account to mine.  (Stone is expensive) I tried to log in on new account only to be told I am logging in from a new location and I need to confirm. Now I have never logged in with this account before. Haven't even made a character.

Guess what after several hours I never received the authorization code. (checked spam in email)

It's all part of the risk of doing a trade pack run... are you going to be jumped by the opposing faction?  Your own faction?  Is some NPC mob going to kill you?  Are you going to be disconnected?

What about raids in which the Tank D/Cs in the middle of a pull?  Healer D/Cs?  Then you all have to run back to your bodies, buff up again, and start the encounter over.

You know this is a possibility in any on-line game.  To call it shoddy game design is silly. 

• mistressmistmistressmist Member UncommonPosts: 8

If your always getting disconnected, it wont matter what game your playing. It will be game breaking. You need to find why you are disconnecting so much and fix it. the only game I know of with connectivity issues currently is lotro.

You should not blame a game for your computer/internet connection

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    XLGames could just make it so if you disconnect with packs in a peace zone then nothing will happend to them, but if in war/conflict zone then its tough luck.
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Haha i agree with OP

Here is an example.

It's all part of the risk of doing a trade pack run... are you going to be jumped by the opposing faction?  Your own faction?  Is some NPC mob going to kill you?  Are you going to be disconnected?

What about raids in which the Tank D/Cs in the middle of a pull?  Healer D/Cs?  Then you all have to run back to your bodies, buff up again, and start the encounter over.

You know this is a possibility in any on-line game.  To call it shoddy game design is silly. 

The poster above explained it perfectly in a much shorter post without insults.  I thanked him respectfully for his explanation.

This is what I said . i will quote myself.

"My concern is how shoddy this game is being managed."

Try again.

Thank you for your response.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Haha i agree with OP

you do know then doing this is what the company really care for and nothing else,Yes?

so as long you spend you money on things like this they don't care you paid, fufilled waht they wanted from the game

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Strange I've never lost a pack when I've disconnected .....the packs on my back stay on my back ....the packs in the vehicles are there when I re-spawn the vehicles

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Strange I've never lost a pack when I've disconnected .....the packs on my back stay on my back ....the packs in the vehicles are there when I re-spawn the vehicles

Vehicles stay longer (is it 10 min ?) in the world after disconnection. People can drive them into aggro/PvP zones destroy them and steal the packs.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Holy hell this is still happening!?! I come back every so often to see if this piece of dung company got its crap together because the game really can be great. smh.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

Haha i agree with OP

You're quitting because you gambled and lost, not anything wrong with the game, there's just something wrong with you.

The OP is upset at a semi-legitimate issue with the game. The reason I say semi legitimate is because this can easily be abused which is probably why the devs have it the way it is. Just imagine, you're on your vehicle with a crap ton of  trade packs, you got a couple buddies scouting in 4 directions for you letting you know if the coast is clear. They spot someone heading your way, you log, they give you the sign that its safe again, you log back on, and you keep doing this until you reach the destination.

This is an issue that you didn't fully think through OP. A lot of people like to rant and blame the devs for bad implementation but 90% of it is because they're simply short sighted and didn't take the time to think how their "improvement" might actually cause other problems.

You are correct, this is the internet, disconnects do happen, and its a shame when you lose big when one happens, but so what? It happens. What do you think happens when someone is playing an ARPG like Path of Exile and they lag > disconnect while fighting a boss or nasty rare pack in hardcore? Most of the time, they die and just got booted out of their league and have to start over. Is it their fault? Not really assuming they weren't playing during a storm or suspected their internet would go out. Is it GGG's fault? Again, no it isn't. It's a fact of the internet.

• SatyrosSatyros Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by Gdemami

OK makes sense . I appreciate your response.

This post wins the thread :)

This is remedied in most modern MMO by adding, say, 15 seconds to any dc try and failing the dc if you take damage.

Not loosing your stuff.

But of course, loosing your stuff means paying more to labor-pots. Touche.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    This is an issue I had in Alpha and tried to get them to bring it up to XL. Multiple times my tractor full of tradepacks would get jacked because of a disconnection or client crash. Pretty much the most frustrating thing ever. So glad I quit AA when I did.
  • ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    This is an issue I had in Alpha and tried to get them to bring it up to XL. Multiple times my tractor full of tradepacks would get jacked because of a disconnection or client crash. Pretty much the most frustrating thing ever. So glad I quit AA when I did.

So tell me how frustrating the issue would be when you see someone with on a vehicle with a bunch of tradepacks and they see you, only to have them logout and poof, no trade packs for you.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Satyros

This is remedied in most modern MMO by adding, say, 15 seconds to any dc try and failing the dc if you take damage.Not loosing your stuff.But of course, loosing your stuff means paying more to labor-pots. Touche.

That does not solve, remedy the issue.

Adding a timer and agro check then hurts legitimate D/C - like OP, getting d/c in combat is now more sever.

It is like a scale with legitimate D/C on one end and exploiters on the other. Addressing both groups is next to impossible since there is no way to tell whether your d/c was legitimate or not.