Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friendly advice to all who want to play Shroud

Be happy

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

No surprise really, this game has looked disappointing from the start, don't see why It's employees would be any different.

Does anyone actually expect Shroud to have any kind of success?

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

That's why i left their forums. 

A game that have a special dev forums for the ones that pledged more say alot.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

It does make sense to have a special forum for those that pledged, but segregating those that pledged from those that pledged even more? Especially on this level. I can somewhat understand having a "passing interest" level $10 or below, and a "i want this game so bad" which gives access to the forum, but $450? Wow.

Did he burn all the money he made for his spacefaring trip(s?) or what?

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Aragon100

True story. But there is blatant favoritism being shown to those higher paying pledgers than the little guys.

• VaLorRavenclawVaLorRavenclaw Member Posts: 7

For anyone who truly is interested in some Friendly Advice where playing Shroud of the Avatar is concerned, I recommend checking out "The Mad Hermit" on YouTube.

Here is an example of just one of his very helpful videos packed with loads of friendly advice.

http://youtu.be/FcnNEnsnriw

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by XcomVic
    Originally posted by Aragon100

True story. But there is blatant favoritism being shown to those higher paying pledgers than the little guys.

You say favouritism, I say ultra-realism :) It's just like real life!!!! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by VaLorRavenclaw

For anyone who truly is interested in some Friendly Advice where playing Shroud of the Avatar is concerned, I recommend checking out "The Mad Hermit" on YouTube.

Here is an example of just one of his very helpful videos packed with loads of friendly advice.

http://youtu.be/FcnNEnsnriw

I second this comment. The Mad Hermit is extremely helpful.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Be happy while waiting or be happy because it isn't good?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    I like the magic and crafting system so far. The game has potential to bring many role players. PvP wise, not sure if PvPers will like it. PvP is not twitchy a la Wildstar and I prefer this crowd to stay away from SotA. I have no issues with the graphics. I hope the crafting is worth it.
  • EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by IridescentJoe
    I like the magic and crafting system so far. The game has potential to bring many role players. PvP wise, not sure if PvPers will like it. PvP is not twitchy a la Wildstar and I prefer this crowd to stay away from SotA. I have no issues with the graphics. I hope the crafting is worth it.

Town warfare and castle sieging will attract sandbox PvPers

• JonrobinJonrobin Member UncommonPosts: 18

Check out the thread on combat. Very good views both for and against. Personally, I think the card deck adds immersion to the game. I can no longer hit autoattack and go for a Coors Extra (or Landshark). I can't set up macros or have a conversation with my wife if I'm in a fight. There is an element of luck in each fight, as in real life. I like that fact that by allocating points accordingly you can decrease the amount of luck in the fight. I like the fact that if I'm fighting something my level I don't automatically win. I like the fact that it takes a while to level.

Crafting, to me personally, is awesome. I like that you're not limited in how many crafts you can learn. But remember, this is only one opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!! As for me, I've been looking for something that I enjoyed as much as Everquest in 2000 when I started gaming, and for me personally, I've finally found it.

jr