Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Version v.0.1.3 is up! Graphics overhaul and US server!

JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172
Welcome!

Due to our intensive preparations for lifting NDA off we have a massive update for you – we have implemented a new weather system and the first part of planned changes in crafting system, we have also performed many important improvements and an optimization process. Moreover, within few days we’re going to launch US server! All of your characters will work on both servers. Unfortunately before lifting the NDA off we will be forced to wipe items – however all of characters with their levels and professions levels will be untouched.

There is the full changelog:

v.0.1.3 Pre-Alpha

Gameplay

– Implemented server selection window due to preparations for US server implementation

– Implemented different quality versions of one-handed swords, longswords and one-handed axes (7 per every item)

– Implemented recipes for part of longswords (4 per nation)

– Updated and balanced one-handed axes recipes (4 per nation)

– Balanced longswords and one-handed axes statistics

– Balanced weapons prices

– Redesigned weapon shops assortments

– Redesigned weapons distribution in mobs drop and chests taking into account the quality versions

– Redesigned drop of recipes for metallurgy and smithing materials

– Added displaying of stamina usage modifier in characters statistics

– Added information of inability to gather item from container if it’s empty

– Added new pieces of music

– Santa has managed to collect enough money for new reindeers and came back home – one behalf of him we thank you for your help!

Fixes

– Improved mechanism of controller auto-syncing when desynchronization occurs

– Fixed profession leveling above 60 level and after gaining 300 levels in total, also fixed the issue with closing crafter window after gaining new level

– Implemented camera moving without rotating the character when player is gathering resources

– Synchronized sounds of gathering resources with animations

– Fixed bosses spawning and extended the time to their disappearance if they won’t be killed by players

Graphics

– Implemented new weather system

– Increased players view range – depending of displaying object 50 to 300%!

– Implemented smooth terrain disappearing in far distances

– Redesigned day and night cycle system

– Improved clouds and fog visuals

– Improved visuals and colors of lights and sky

– Implemented field of view regulation in options

Performance:

– Optimized weather system work

– Optimized morning and evening shadows displaying

http://static.gloriavictisgame.com/data/ScreenyUpdate/UpdateWeather/1.jpg

http://static.gloriavictisgame.com/data/ScreenyUpdate/UpdateWeather/3.jpg

http://static.gloriavictisgame.com/data/ScreenyUpdate/UpdateWeather/4.jpg

http://static.gloriavictisgame.com/data/ScreenyUpdate/UpdateWeather/5.jpg

http://static.gloriavictisgame.com/data/ScreenyUpdate/UpdateWeather/6.jpg

Comments

• IHATETHISWEBSITEIHATETHISWEBSITE Member Posts: 16
    LOOKs fabulous  this game definatly have a special feeling  wish eso world had this feel  . Is this game zone locked or open world
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Looks freaking fantastic, super realistic.

• trevanotrevano Member UncommonPosts: 17

Originally posted by IHATETHISWEBSITE LOOKs fabulous  this game definatly have a special feeling  wish eso world had this feel  . Is this game zone locked or open world

It's open world, you can read more about it on their site:

http://gloriavictisgame.com/application/game/index

Here's some info about the world:

To create total immersion we need open world. And yes, it means really open, without loading screens or invisible barriers at every turn. So yes, we offer you a breathtaking, massive open world with housing and territory control! Immersion requires also the responsiveness, so NPCs in Gloria Victis will react accordingly to player’s actions and certain time's of day or weather. Weather itself will play big role too (going to the desert in furs might be a bad idea)
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    How big is the world?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

Its not that big at this moment because for test purposes we are holding players at one island. Still - running from one border into another should take about 15-20 minutes of straight running at this moment. If mobs won't catch you before ;)

We have seamless system done already, so the whole world is streaming without loading screens.

Cool thanks for the reply, is my bday soonish so might just spend 15$ on this and take a look.  Big thing that was holding me back before was no NA servers but seems there will be one now.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Good deal.  Keep up the work, gents.

Also, I'd like to add that this group of devs are great communicators with their fans.  Their customer service folks are pretty awesome, too.  Twice, I've forgotten my login.  Twice, I've had a personal response with the reset password.  That little personal touch is pretty spiffy.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Open world PvP just turns me off.  Get in now so you can gank the newbies six months from now!

I really believe we will be able to put off most of the griefers thanks to our partial loot system and its modificators half of the year later. Of course it will work only with other newbie systems combined but griefers should suffer from lowered ability to loot another players being more lootable at the same time.

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    Geez this actually looks really GOOD for a change. The UI is simplistic but nicely done. Graphics are realistic and classic looking at the same time. So 1$ gets you beta access? This game is in Beta right? I've not heard of this one before.

We still call it a Pre-Alpha stage to not make anyone misslead because it is lacking of features and its not bug free. The access to the game can be obtained for 10$.

1$ donation gives access into closed forum sections where we talk with our community and make a pools about the game features. After we will take off NDA we should be able to hire bigger team and push forward beta.

US server is working! :) Could be unstable a bit as we are testing everything.
  • bragoriabragoria Member UncommonPosts: 2
    hi, i want to buy a 10$ key but it doesnt say steam key. does it include it or not?
  • bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    While Pre-Alpha (and any future version, including finished one) access is given to everyone who had obtained 10$ packet, Steam key is included in 15$ packet - it's related to Steam's provisions as we are going to launch Steam distribution in future. However, after release every player will be granted with Steam key - currently it's our gift for those who decided to support us in the early stage of development so they would be abie to count their hours played before release. :)
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

I really believe we will be able to put off most of the griefers thanks to our partial loot system and its modificators half of the year later. Of course it will work only with other newbie systems combined but griefers should suffer from lowered ability to loot another players being more lootable at the same time.

Youre never able to put off griefers thats why theyre called griefers. Also if other players are allowed to loot other players then IMO its game over for a vast majority of potential customers. Limited or not, griefers dont need any excuses but if they can loot you that is a bonus.

Unfortunately another game pandering to the lowest common denominator of forum denizens ...the 'we want open world PvP'  crowd. That loses 75% of your possible playerbase right there. Especially if its same faction/nation attack mechanics. Where you can attack anyone at anytime.

If you want open world PvP then it should be voluntary. "Flag" yourself and run around. Why designers spend thousands upon thousands of man hours making game worlds and plans for a game no one is going to be able to explore and 'enjoy' (because theyre getting killed any time they go out alone) is beyond me.

• GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57

That's where Ultima Online did it right. You could attack people if you wanted but if your character was red and died then you had stat and skill loss. I really liked the flagging system in UO with characters being blue, grey, and red.

You still had people with red characters that wanted to pk others, but when their character died then they were going to have to build their character back up again from taking losses. It kept things rather fair. Of course back then connection had a huge impact on things. I think it would be totally different today with how everything is. There was a huge difference from someone that had 14.4 and 56 k dial up.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by rodarin

Unfortunately another game pandering to the lowest common denominator of forum denizens ...the 'we want open world PvP'  crowd. That loses 75% of your possible playerbase right there. Especially if its same faction/nation attack mechanics. Where you can attack anyone at anytime.

If you want open world PvP then it should be voluntary. "Flag" yourself and run around. Why designers spend thousands upon thousands of man hours making game worlds and plans for a game no one is going to be able to explore and 'enjoy' (because theyre getting killed any time they go out alone) is beyond me.

Actually the very vast majority of mmos pander to the pve crowd and very very few actually are for the pvp types, so your rant comes off as your being sad that an interesting game is based upon a play style you don't like instead of being desiged for the actual lowest common denominator.. the pve crowd, the 75% you mentioned.. which as far as I know is more common than 25% ya?

This title looks good in the screenshots.. Sounds like something I might try out, because so far the pvp games have flopped except maybe darkfall

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I also don't understand why the game cannot use a flag system.  Since I don't want to participate in the open world gankfest, I would not flag myself for PvP.  Those players who chose to can simply flag themselves for PvP. Without this mechanic I doubt I will even give this game a try. 
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by flizzer
    I also don't understand why the game cannot use a flag system.  Since I don't want to participate in the open world gankfest, I would not flag myself for PvP.   

I don't understand why people go into a pvp style game complaining that it's a pvp style game wanting every game to pander to their safe carebear gameplay style when almost every single game out there is doing just that.. If you don't enjoy wild wild west like feelings of danger and community and player run game spirit from a free for all kind of system, then why are you here? Why does the pve crowd feel it has to ruin every single game with their watered down gameplay demands?

That's like going into Battlefield 4's online gameplay forum complaining that you have to fight other players.. kind of a silly thing to do

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

Youre never able to put off griefers thats why theyre called griefers. Also if other players are allowed to loot other players then IMO its game over for a vast majority of potential customers. Limited or not, griefers dont need any excuses but if they can loot you that is a bonus.

The best part about this opinion is that it isn't actually rooted in any fact. They'll say things like, "well show me a OWPvP game that succeeded!!?!?" If you look at UO, it was a massive success for its time. WoW had PvP servers with tons of OWPvP between factions and it is the most popular MMO on the planet. If you're talking about total factionless PvP, show me a triple-A game that actually has that.

Oh, and 75%? Cool numbers. Where did you get these? Oh right, from no where.

Buddy, you play MMORPG's because you like PvE. Stop your baseless opinions on games that are trying to do something different. None of what you say is true, no matter how hard you want to believe it.

v.0.1.3f3 is up!

– Launched US server - Aquilla

– Fixed bug due to which on some configurations shadows weren’t rendered – we ask everyone who had suffered such issues to let us know if the fix helps

– Implemented certain nation player-killers flagging system – if player attacks any player from his nation near a guard, he will be flagged as a traitor and attacked by local guards; attacking a flagged player won’t be punished by being flagged as a PK

– Added NPC guards patrolling areas around the towns

– Increased game’s performance in the towns

– Added recipes for crystals (calcite, quartz) grinding to materials shops assortments and for Trousers with Linen Wraps to Ismirean tailor’s assortment

– Redesigned to-handed axes, implemented their different quality versions (7 per every item) and updated their recipes

– Added possibility to create Wood Billets using any one-handed axe as a tool

– Increased the amount of gathered coal

– Improved the camera work on high FOV settings value

– Added aurochs sound effects

– Reworked weapon drawing sounds

– Improved visuals of flare (effect displayed when camera is aimed at the sun) and restored missing atmospheric effects

– Increased server stability, including AI optimization – please let us know if there are any problems with mobs behaviour

– Added tabbing in login screen

– Added new test version of launcher http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=6437

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So I dl the patch and tried to log in but there is no us server, only the eu server on list, is it bugged?
    Same here not seeing any NA server only a EU one?

We have a temporary unstability problem due to a bug. It should be fixed within a few hours, I will let you know.

Sorry for your troubles and thank you for your patience.