Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: What Lies Beyond the Point of No Return

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Though speculation has begun with the trademarking of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, little else beyond the name is known. That may end, however, on January 24th at PAX South and the main stage presentation to be given by ArenaNet co-founder Mike O’Brien and Game Director Colin Johanson. According to a press release, the pair will reveal what lies beyond the cliff hanger presented at the end of the latest living story update, Point of No Return.

Join ArenaNet co-founder Mike O’Brien and Game Director Colin Johanson for a very special Guild Wars 2 PAX South presentation on Saturday, January 24 in the Main Theater as we reveal what lies beyond the point of no return in Guild Wars 2. If you can’t make it to San Antonio, tune into our livestream at www.twitch.tv/guildwars2. Pre-show coverage begins at 10 a.m. CST (8 a.m. PST, 4 p.m. UTC). The panel officially starts at 10:30 a.m. CST (8:30 a.m. PST, 4:30 p.m. UTC).

Mark your calendars!

If you haven't yet seen the Point of No Return trailer, check it out below before heading into the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    If it is an expansion- they sure did a great job keeping it under wraps...
  • IsidiusIsidius Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Agreed.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    We are just used to studios announce things when it's in like pre-development now and then "launching" it in pre-alpha a week later.

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Isidius

Agreed.

Well people have suspected they had most of their staff working on something other than the living story so clearly it was this expansion

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by akuma696

Agreed.

Well people have suspected they had most of their staff working on something other than the living story so clearly it was this expansion

What expansion? For all we know this could just be a box set for LS 1 & 2 like people are speculating for the gem store.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by TheGoblinKing

Agreed.

What expansion? For all we know this could just be a box set for LS 1 & 2 like people are speculating for the gem store.

That's really a very stupid speculation. I could go on explaining why it's stupid but I really don't have time for that right now, you're just gonna have to trust me when I say that this is not a box set of LS 1+2, lol. Whoever made that guess didn't think about it even for a second and only used his negative attitude towards the game as the base for his guess. I could also say that the one that made that guess doesn't really play the game much and has no idea how it all works either...

• ghorgosghorgos Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by TheGoblinKing

Agreed.

all that played the current LS-episode do know that it is not a box of s1+s2

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

ArenaNet used to be quick putting out fires, erm, I mean overhyped rumours of non-existing or made-greater-than-reality features. Granted they haven't done that much recently (which is why the living story is always overhype followed by mostly disappointment primarily in terms of the actual gameplay value and weak story).

They had a while now to kill this expansion rumour, they choose not to. This either means it is really a proper expansion, or it means that ArenaNet will be suffering their biggest reputation loss in the history of their company if this turns out to be something insignificant like a repackaged LS1+2 or LS3.

My money is on an expansion.

On a side note, if it is a good expansion (size-wise similar to GW1 campaigns), then I can forgive them for two years of insignificant filler 'content' they called living story, after all, they made that filler content with a relatively small team, and it was an interesting experiment, so credit to them for trying something different... But I'd rather prefer actual permanent mechanic and feature updates.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I am hoping that they are ready to admit that the living story is something that a majority of the community do not want, and move on from there with an actual expansion, and then actual content updates... I'm hoping, but I'm not crossing my fingers or anything.

Smile

• GahvnoGahvno Member Posts: 15
    Not so convinced that a "majority" of the player base doesn't want the LS. As is the statistical norm in this type of situation, only a very small percentage of people ever log onto a forum and, as with any customer support job, all we hear is the complaints from the disgruntled... The majority of players are either disinclined to complain or are simply playing the game and don't know/care about the dudes who do... Especially those who don't even participate in the game any more and just seem to live to spread their general unhappiness.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The whole "people don't log in to forums" excuse is so cliche and old. It's 2015. PC Gamers are on forums, reddit, and social media. Vocal minority = not a valid argument anymore, it's just a typical cliche retort to things people don't agree with.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • montivagusmontivagus Member Posts: 7

Vocal Minority is still a valid point. Most persons who feel inclined to make the effort to degrade something tend to be loud and boastful, as such it wouldn't be out of the question for the person to go to multiple sites and post the same flames there. The shear number of different sites available for complaints or praise lends the vocal minority theory proof. Praise is only given in the most extreme, negative or 'fix-it' opinions are much easier to state from a anti fanboi without fear of being called a fanboi by some other jaded player that didn't have the exact facial preference they wanted and are here to tell the entire world about.

tl:dr Until you have statistical proof that everyone logs into sites (5+ by your count) to give praise as easily as they would log in to flame then.. keep walking.