Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have this incredible idea for an MMO...but I'm afraid someone will steal my idea

13»

Comments

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is some serious Jorodowsky's Dune level of a project. It basically would reunite the MMO community and finally set right the years of torment the community had suffered. And yes it has Perma-Death, because it's the only logical place for MMOs to go. It's been misused and misunderstood for far too long and it's part of wha will make this the Greatest, more electrifying game in sports entertainment.

I can't reveal much more though, I know somewhere Brad Mcquaid is lurking behind a Archage rant post ready to take off with my idea and sell it to Smedley for a quick buck...

Ah, too many days since the last WoW killer was announced. Love the troll! Permadeath being any good at all, in sports too, Douche McQuaid, nice touch!

You gave no details but "Shut up and take my money!" (Douche bag reference lol)

Originally posted by kjempff
    You all might be missing the possibility that op has a really twisted sense of humour, and is laughing it off right now. 

Roflmao at all the serious, helpful, and critical responses! I'm busting out lol!

Use this elevator pitch:

"Me!"

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Sounds great bud but ideas are a dime a dozen you need to figure out a plan to get someone to listen to you and build a network of trust worthy people. And sorry man but im sure it has already been though of it just dosent have the ability to make the profit companys want. Perma death is a niche addition at best but there could be a system that made you weaker somehoe so you had to do something special to heal them. "Brondar was knocked unconcious by  a Ogre and awakes in the nearest town with a terrible concussion" so now your vision is a little blurry and have a higher chance of missing attacks. And maybe you could take so much body damage per body part but could heal with bandages and it actually showed your head or arm wrapped but this of course would need some good art style so it dosent look lame. Your wounds could also be healed and the bleeding stopped by other magic classes and fighter classes would have the best ability to patch bleeding wounds.. you cant have a class that can heal all because I think this would be a good system to promote grouping and questing together.
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by mark2123
    Originally posted by sludgebeard
    Originally posted by bentrim
    wow what a genius...permadeath..what an idea. You are an original MMO sevant. But don't worry, no one will steal your idea. It was non viable LONG ago. Keep that peanut brain working though, you might come up with something like leveling, or different classes, or maybe even free to play!

Someone woke up on the wrong side of an arathi highmane, gee wiz.

Alrfht let me explain

Permadeath is in this game because everyone plays their character like a roguelike, your trying to g ey as far as you can with one character.

And the longer you stay alive.the longer your character ages in game, the older you get and this more experianced.

so being older doesn't mean your nessceary stronger just maybe smarter or more cautious.

Can't see me being interested in an MMO game where everything I've done in it gets wiped.  Next.

So you're not a fan of reality?

Because everything you and the entire human race has done will get wiped and be forgotten - forever.

Only a matter of time

Our sun will destroy the earth - even if humans escape our solar system - heck even if we were to escape our galaxy - the universe will die as well.

Time destroys all.

Yes, but reality doesn't have a $15/month sub.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
    Originally posted by TheLizardbones

Game developers have boxes of ideas, and all of them are probably more defined than yours.  They do not want or need your idea.

My ideas are defined well and are very cohesive. I wonder how many people on the forum can claim that :)

• GaendricGaendric Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Dexter2010

Yes, but reality doesn't have a $15/month sub.

It has a $1500+ sub for most of us.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

If your MMO has permadeath it has zero risk of being stolen after the Wizardry debacle. Granted the game was terrible, it had nothing to do with permadeath but still, MMO producers are allergic to risk since the past decade.

The MMO drought has come, switch to consoles while you can my friends.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

When it comes to games, ideas don't sell, execution does.  Nobody thinks minecraft was the first time someone thought up that style of game, nobody even thinks it was the first game with those elements in it.  It certainly executed them well, though, did it in 3D, and made it an enjoyable experience.

If you are serious about your idea, you need to figure out how to get it built.  You should learn to code so you understand what you are asking.  You will need to hire additional coders as well, and at the very least one artist.  That is enough to make a good small indie game, where you take it from there you will have to figure out.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by macwood
    No one cares about  "spotlight poster status" But if it makes you feel special...

spotlight poster status

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

My generosity is well documented by my spotlight poster status.

I've never seen anyone brag about anything more mundane then this......

The fact that you would actually type something this stupid shows everyone how meaningless spotlight poster status truly is.

• serialMMOistserialMMOist Member Posts: 88

OMG HYPE TRAIN incoming. What is your PayPal so I can send you my EA $$$.

This is gonna be the wow killer. Can't wait! This is going to be the best mmo ever. Finally. Thank you OP!

*loads an ebola soaked homemade razerblade tipped .45 into a rusty chamber and inserts barrel into mouth*

Please don't let me down.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Eronakis
    Originally posted by TheLizardbones

Game developers have boxes of ideas, and all of them are probably more defined than yours.  They do not want or need your idea.

My ideas are defined well and are very cohesive. I wonder how many people on the forum can claim that :)

You used to post a lot of your ideas here - iirc, rather lengthy and detailed posts - so, having seen your work, keep in mind I don't include you in this group, but...

Most probably believe their ideas are well-defined and cohesive, otherwise they would have abandoned them in favor of better ideas. The reality is that someone who doesn't know a damn thing about changing a tire is more than likely going to have warped brakes a month after they finally change one.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Im gonna have to agree with most people, perma death is a bad idea, just as bad as Wildstar did with focusing on hardcore raiders. It's just bad.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt

My generosity is well documented by my spotlight poster status.

I've never seen anyone brag about anything more mundane then this......

The fact that you would actually type something this stupid shows everyone how meaningless spotlight poster status truly is.

Spotlight poster status is not a big deal... to people without the spotlight poster status

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Spotlight poster status is not a big deal... to people without the spotlight poster status

Well, since I don't even know what it really means then it can't big that big of a deal.