Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there PVP yet?

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I know about the Ballista thing. The thing is- I want to be able to sign on, get a group and go to an arena or something and PVP, AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY so long as there is an opponent. Can I do this yet?

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• AkibanaAkibana Member Posts: 107

Unfortunately no. There r rumors about a new PvP system but nothing official yet.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

umm.. i havent heard any rumors of any new pvp coming out. This game is not for the pvp lovers but is the absoluet best PvE game i have ever played and ballista can be fun to do every now then but most people dont spend a huge majority of there time doing it. (At least on my server). Really the only ballista matches that even have enough people to be fun are the 60 and uncapped ballistas and again i say at least on my server.

• DarkChaseDarkChase Member Posts: 18
    Sadly, there is no other type of PVP on FFXI.  From what I have heard, SE has a PVP plan, they just don't know how to fit it into the storyline because there are no factions or anything like that.  If you like MMORPGs that has PVP or is totally dedicated to PVP, stick to WoW.

• frotundafrotunda Member Posts: 1

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/ffxi_f.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for final fantasy xi. He told me it was against the rules for ffxi to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.

• DarkChaseDarkChase Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by frotunda

My friend was over the other day, and I showed him http://www.exploitsrus.com/ffxi_f.html It is a site with cheats, bugs, dupes, etc for final fantasy xi. He told me it was against the rules for ffxi to do this. Is this true? I am used to cheating on video games for my whole life, so I was sort of shocked to hear this.

MMORPGs like FFXI are a different type of video game.  It is an online game. You play with other people from around the globe.  That being said, everyone (mostly everyone) must play fair.  Hacks, Bugs, mods etc. ARE NOT INTENDED.  You could get your account taken away for that.