Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I love WildStar

2»

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Yeah, I guess I'm just tired of haters who try to ruin the experience for others, by posting negative comments. Not just on this forum, but on most forums on this website. I know that everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but so am I. If I like the game and want to share it, I shouldn't be flamed by people who have personal vendettas with devs. I just believe that people should focus that energy on something they like. You don't like the game? I get it. There're games I don't like too. But posting negative stuff about it is pointless. Anyway I'm done with this topic. Sorry if I stirred shit up a bit, and now I see it wasn't worth it. Most people here already have their minds made up about most MMOs. Good luck finding something you like.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Love the combat! It is the best out imo. The rest of the game was pretty much what every other studio has been putting out but with a scifi twist. This isn't bad, it just held me long enough to make it to level cap and move on. I may go back, just to use the cool action combat!!!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by ionxeel
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Hey. If you don't like it, no one forces you to play. But hating on it is pointless. Just use up that energy to find a game you like. I'm happy I found an MMO to play, while there're so few good choices.

I personally loathe the game. Everything from the boring quests, to the shitty combat, to the garbage art-style.

That being said, more power to you if you are having fun, I hope it stays open long enough for you to get everything out of it you want.

(As a former hater and now huge fan of ESO I want to be clear that my statement here is purposefully meant to be ironic. I could literally be talking about any game in such a hyperbolic manner)

Not sure how someone be a fan of ESO, but same goes for you if you're having fun. Tried it 3 times, and couldn't take more than an hour before I uninstalled.

And that's EXACTLY how it was with Wildstar and me! See? Each to their own.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I want to start off by saying that it saddens me how so many games these days get a lot of hate by fanboys of "current game of the month", especially on these forums. I mean if you don't like a game, go play one you like, and move on. There're many games that are popular, yet I think are horrible, but you don't see me going to every forum and posting bad stuff about them.

Anyway, back to the subject. WildStar is the first MMO in a quite some time that has me really hooked. Time flies when I play it, and it's really fun. It's really deep and has tons of things to do. It had some hiccups at start, but what new MMO doesn't. Character movement in the game is amazing. You can double jump, sprint and dodge. Combat is best in any MMO I ever played yet. It actually requires skill and is not just mindless mashing of buttons 1-9. Quests have a lot of variety, and you always do something new, rather than just go kill X number of mobs. They require you to think to solve them. Fighting monsters your level is actually challenging, not like in some MMOs where you just destroy them. The setting of the game is really innovative too, compared to most MMOs focusing on fantasy.  Graphics may not be everyone's cup of tea, if you prefer realism. But I love them, cause if I want realism, I can always go outside (wherever that is.... ;) ).  You may say that the game suffers from lack of people playing. It's not like at launch, but you frequently run into people questing. I play in EU, on Jabbit server, and I'm currently in a guild with a bit over 300 members. The guild raids and there's always something going on, (PvP, dungeons etc.). Some will say that this belongs in the review section, but I just wanna shine some light on this gem. If people have the right to post shit about it on this forum, I have the right to write good things about it, cause I love playing it.

TL;DR: I love WildStar. Don't like it? Llook for another game. Haven't tried it? I highly recommend.

If game is bad its bad. What you gonna do? shut everyone up? Does WS has its share of hardcore fans sure why not. Even the most terrible and dead games have its fans.

But..things have been quite lately. Hate is all time low so i don't understand why make this topic now? unless ofcourse you don't like the peace and quiet and want to entice people to flame WS.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Edit: Drop 4 has dramatically improved the game and my comment is no longer relevant.
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    I went all in at the Wildstar launch, as I did for SWtOR. I did everything and enjoyed it, as I did SWtOR. The raids in Wildstar were far more polished than SWtORs, however still quite buggy. Sadly, just like SWtOR the inability to retain customers will prevent Wildstar from reaching its potential and it will always be a medicore game.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    I wanted to like Wildstar, and did like Wildstar. I'm not sure what it was about the game that ultimately made me drift away, to be honest. I think it was only because I had no other friends playing it, but whats done is done now. Oh well.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Yeah, I guess I'm just tired of haters who try to ruin the experience for others, by posting negative comments. Not just on this forum, but on most forums on this website. I know that everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but so am I. If I like the game and want to share it, I shouldn't be flamed by people who have personal vendettas with devs. I just believe that people should focus that energy on something they like. You don't like the game? I get it. There're games I don't like too. But posting negative stuff about it is pointless. Anyway I'm done with this topic. Sorry if I stirred shit up a bit, and now I see it wasn't worth it. Most people here already have their minds made up about most MMOs. Good luck finding something you like.

Official and fan fourms man.

You will get exactly the replies your looking for.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development