Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My server is dead

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am sure Star Wars The Old Republic is still one of the most played mmos out. This just shows that classic server structure is outdated. MMOs now should have one world that does not divide the population.

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by pantaro

even if the game got shut down tommorow i still wouldn't regret my collectors edition....so yea....still wondering what server this person is on. also wondering if they are legit considering the context of their post.....

but anyway,if your on a PVP or RP server not surprised,even less surprised if your on one of those on the EU side.speculation is megaservers may be coming. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7879116#edit7879116

Ohhh, they will "rethink" and "remain sensitive", im so pumped!

Sure i hope they'll fix this game, and maybe they will, but seriously, people still buy this kind of PR - not meaning anything - babble in 2015? 

I like the next post from that thread though ;-)

Considering they posted about it in the forums then ya I believe them that something is in the works. A lot of times, if its something they truly intend on ignoring, they don't bother to post anything at all. They said shit like that for years about the space rails ship battle system and then came out with GSF. They are not timely but they do address important issues eventually.

Unfortunately for this thread, the OP is full of it. This whole thread was just an attempt to bash the game as even the rumored server mergers/mega servers aren't because populations are low, its because things like Group Ranked PVP almost never pops. That and the billion and a half DPS don't like to have to wait with the other billion and a half DPS for FP queue pops.

Originally posted by Rivol

Harbinger is by far the most populous server. It has a high pop 24/7 as that is where all the Oceanic players are. I see people everywhere on all planets. However all the European servers are practically dead and I suspect most of their population now play on the NA servers.

Originally posted by Rzep
    I play on an EU server and its packed...how about stop spreading bullshit. That goes for everyone, OP included.

This.

Since they made legacy transferable with toons from one server to the next I know people who play on just about every server in the game and none of them are telling me about empty servers. Sure during non-peak times it may not be ideal, but on some servers, like Harbinger, its busy all the time. OPs post was a bad attempt to fertilizer the boards.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    This is news? This game was always considered dead cause of its massive amount of zoned areas and channel instances, sorry but this game never felt populated even when it launched and I should know since I was a founding player. There are people that play, you just obviously don't remember the locked-in solo nature of the game or you didn't play it much in the past.
  • GaliaGalia Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Calgor .. "Blah blah."

I play on Prophecy of the Five and Jung Ma, EST. One Role playing, the other not; both PVP. So by all means continue to say the servers aren't dead, and give excuses too! I guess I don't play between the hours of 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm, to see other people. That's nice and constructive, thanks for the feedback. To everyone else, thanks for responding, perhaps I'll try another server .. although it is very doubtful I'd pay for a transfer. Oh well I guess. EA is shitty anyways. *peace*
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Galia
    Originally posted by Calgor .. "Blah blah." I play on Prophecy of the Five and Jung Ma, EST. One Role playing, the other not; both PVP. So by all means continue to say the servers aren't dead, and give excuses too! I guess I don't play between the hours of 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm, to see other people. That's nice and constructive, thanks for the feedback. To everyone else, thanks for responding, perhaps I'll try another server .. although it is very doubtful I'd pay for a transfer. Oh well I guess. EA is shitty anyways. *peace*

The PvP servers don't have a good track record in general. Too many people don't stick with them for long. The regular PvE servers and RP-PvE are more than fine though.

Mind you, I don't have any personal experience with the PvP servers, so it's all hearsay.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by hikaru77

This is from November 2014, before the launch of the xpac, december will probaly show us SWTOR on the top 10 or close to it.

http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-pc-games-november-2014-dragon-age-and-call-of-duty-debut-world-of-warcraft-resurgent/

Heroes of the Storm, a closed, invitation-only MOBA still in technical alpha is beating released games? LMAO

Edit: nevermind, I totally misread HEARTHSTONE. Glad I was wrong!

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Calgor .. "Blah blah." I play on Prophecy of the Five and Jung Ma, EST. One Role playing, the other not; both PVP. So by all means continue to say the servers aren't dead, and give excuses too! I guess I don't play between the hours of 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm, to see other people. That's nice and constructive, thanks for the feedback. To everyone else, thanks for responding, perhaps I'll try another server .. although it is very doubtful I'd pay for a transfer. Oh well I guess. EA is shitty anyways. *peace*

According to this, you can get a FREE server transfer:

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

You got the feedback your troll post asked for. But hey at least you got to come back and make one last dig at EA, so mission accomplished! Congratz! PEACE INDEED!

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316

So rather than start a new thread I will ask in this one:

I played SWtOR at launch, enjoyed it for 6 months or so. Got mad when my characters were moved to another server and I lost the names I had stayed up late to acquire. I know, petty, but it irked me.

Am looking for an MMO and I did enjoy my time with this game, but will I be able to find dungeon groups easily? That is a primary concern for me. Which server would you recommend I play on? (I'm in the USA)

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Sassy_Gay_Unicorn

So rather than start a new thread I will ask in this one:

I played SWtOR at launch, enjoyed it for 6 months or so. Got mad when my characters were moved to another server and I lost the names I had stayed up late to acquire. I know, petty, but it irked me.

Am looking for an MMO and I did enjoy my time with this game, but will I be able to find dungeon groups easily? That is a primary concern for me. Which server would you recommend I play on? (I'm in the USA)

Thank you for your time.

Character Names
    You are allowed to use special characters in names.
    Example:  ì (alt+0236) instead of i, etc.

Server
    Since you are on the East Coast, I would suggest the PVE-RP server Ebon Hawk.

• GaliaGalia Member Posts: 15
    Oh well I guess. EA is shitty anyways. "You got the feedback your troll post asked for. But hey at least you got to come back and make one last dig at EA, so mission accomplished!" Congratz! PEACE INDEED!>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Response: Sorry you feel that way. EA is shitty. Actions for me. Actions louder than any words you have.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Honestly the game is doing perfectly fine if you play on one of the active servers. I was on The Beregren Colony and every time I logged into any zone there was at least 100 people in each zone based on what the tracker said. In the starting zone there was something like 150. This was a couple months ago but I really doubt the population would dip that much in that period of time. 

Also it really seems like no matter what anyone says all you have is negative things to say, so you really aren't doing much to make your post look any less troll like.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

some sites numbers might not tell you what you want to know.Having more players but all playing JUST isntances with the same few friends won't  help the op one bit.

You have ONLY one solution just make a player on different servers until you find one that has an active player base of noobs or low level players.

I have gone back to this game so many times,prolly like 7  or 8 imo it really does not matter the population because it is all SOLO game play aside  from the instances.Sure it feels a tad better just seeing other players but if i am just playing by myself it gets boring real fast.Then the game doesn't help with it's solo minded personal stories,everything about the game smells of hangout by yourself.

The next mmorpg i play will have to be 100% a grouping game or i won't be playing anything.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    I have gone back to this game so many times,prolly like 7  or 8 imo it really does not matter the population because it is all SOLO game play aside  from the instances.Sure it feels a tad better just seeing other players but if i am just playing by myself it gets boring real fast.Then the game doesn't help with it's solo minded personal stories,everything about the game smells of hangout by yourself.

The next mmorpg i play will have to be 100% a grouping game or i won't be playing anything.

While leveling on any Planet there are 5-6 Call missions (which can be done with others as well, even people the same class as you), 5-10 Main Planet Story missions, Heroic Group missions and dozens of other side missions, even the Group Finder allow you to queue up to find people for running missions on planets. So most of the content is not meant for only solo play. And that's only the planet mission side of things. On fleet there are around a dozen Flashpoints that have to be done with other people, and that's just while leveling. Once you hit max level you've got new Flashpoints and now Operations you can do as well.

My point is this game is as Solo or Group as you want to make it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I haven't noticed any dead servers, but then again, i don't really play on the PVP servers at all, as i suspect is the norm for the majority of the games playerbase, i think anyone really looking to play in a group with others is going to have to move to one of the PVE servers, as they are far from empty. But if your looking for an empty server, then the PVP servers are the most likely to fall into that category, and is also probably one of the main reasons why there are so few PVP servers, SW;TOR is not exactly PVP unfriendly, but the focus of the game really is more PVE orientated, not really sure why anyone would focus more on the PVP in SW;TOR tbh, i think a lot of other games do PVP better.image
    Originally posted by Phry
    I haven't noticed any dead servers, but then again, i don't really play on the PVP servers at all, as i suspect is the norm for the majority of the games playerbase, i think anyone really looking to play in a group with others is going to have to move to one of the PVE servers, as they are far from empty. But if your looking for an empty server, then the PVP servers are the most likely to fall into that category, and is also probably one of the main reasons why there are so few PVP servers, SW;TOR is not exactly PVP unfriendly, but the focus of the game really is more PVE orientated, not really sure why anyone would focus more on the PVP in SW;TOR tbh, i think a lot of other games do PVP better.image

The instanced pvp, ie warzones, is some of the funnest pvp I have ever done in an mmo. Open world pvp is simply ganker heaven and I don't understand why anyone would want to play on those servers anyway as its not about 2 combatants facing off in an open world its about high level toons farming low level toons who can't possible defend themselves.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

only 1 pvp server and 1 pve server

Originally posted by Sixfeetunder

only 1 pvp server and 1 pve server

That's incorrect.

US Servers:
    3  PvE
    2  RP-PvE
    2  PvP  
    1  RP-PvP

European Servers:
    3  PvE
    3  RP-PvE
    3  PvP

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

some sites numbers might not tell you what you want to know.Having more players but all playing JUST isntances with the same few friends won't  help the op one bit.

You have ONLY one solution just make a player on different servers until you find one that has an active player base of noobs or low level players.

The only mmo I know of that is 100% grouping is D&D Online but I think they relaxed that a bit for the sake of the non-fanatics like you out there.  Good luck finding something you like...

Originally posted by Fennris

The only mmo I know of that is 100% grouping is D&D Online but I think they relaxed that a bit for the sake of the non-fanatics like you out there.  Good luck finding something you like...

100% grouping? EVE is that way ------->

LOL

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Calgor
    Originally posted by Fennris

100% grouping? EVE is that way ------->

LOL

R.I.P. with the dinosaurs, 100% grouping. It was not a pleasure knowing you. I remember how you drove me away from DDO when it was still a P2P game, you bastard! >:D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Calgor
    Originally posted by Phry

The instanced pvp, ie warzones, is some of the funnest pvp I have ever done in an mmo. Open world pvp is simply ganker heaven and I don't understand why anyone would want to play on those servers anyway as its not about 2 combatants facing off in an open world its about high level toons farming low level toons who can't possible defend themselves.

Whoa!!

That can't be true!   I have been assured by the PvP camp that it doesn't work that way.  

They would not lie would they?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!