Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might be fun

mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
This game looks like it might be a good upgrade from  minecraft . I could see playing Oort  Online with my kids once or twice a week. I will try it out sometime soon after the holidays are done.

Comments

• junglebeastjunglebeast Member UncommonPosts: 72

Looks like a heavily modded Minecraft to me. I wonder in what language its been written.

But the worlds look pretty nice. As do the gfx effects.

You know when you play too much MMO's when your partners pants have become a rare drop.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Cant wait to see voxel based games to start launching. Is this a fad? Will it be the new staple of games? Kind of exciting. 
  • mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Just came from their website and I saw that they are working on the player races and avatars now. I have decided to wait till that is done before spending any money on the game. Once they have that done I will excitedly hop right in!
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

This doesn't seem to actually be a minecraft clone. From the videos, dev speaks, etc it appears to be a fully functional Sandbox MMORPG that happens to use voxel tech because it streamlines the prodcedual generation of worlds and the ability for players to fully customize the environment. There appears to be epic bosses, gear, levels, races, etc. But its super early access atm as character models don't exist yet.

I'm curious how PvP will be handled. From the dev talks, it sounds as if they want player created wars and conflict to happen, but have it some what moderated by land claims. Once more info is released I think I could get excited about it, but its definitely on my radar.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51

Not a fan of Minecraft, but this actually looks fun :S

Is there any ETA @ launch ?

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Last time i checked theres no combat in game yet.

So besides building and Rope swinging ( worms bungie style ) theres really not much there yet.

Does look nice though, you can get it on steam.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Love their website!

The problem with these type of games is to get the feel of a MMORPG, but still not a huge zerg fest where people screw things up for one another.

The concept art looks beautiful though.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller

Love their website!

The problem with these type of games is to get the feel of a MMORPG, but still not a huge zerg fest where people screw things up for one another.

The concept art looks beautiful though.

They are going to attempt to tackle this problem through renting of private server space and becon land grabs akin to protected plots of land. It should work out pretty well from the sounds of it, but not all the systems are finalized yet. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

it looks like they have funded races now, I can't wait to see some screenshots! Playing ESO for the next 3 weeks and then time to switch over to Oort I think,