Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall unholly wars is awesome :)

2»

Comments

• DaceDace Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by grunzerxx
    You have much things that you can do in the game :) it is a completed game but this or next year there will come some major patches with more content 

Lol :)  that's what they said about the first game. . then the patch became this game.    I wanted to like it after liking DF so much but just couldn't get into it.  Also . . no dwarfs!

Exactly , game is nothing but empty promises.Waited long for jesus patch that never came in DFO and i'm not making same mistake in UW.Devs seems to focus on fluff / itemshop to get as much $$ before game dies anyway.

RIP

• grunzerxxgrunzerxx Member UncommonPosts: 25
    why you are all crying about the game? there is no game like darkfall. And i will enjoy my time in Agon :) 
  • Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50

DFO was a great game, DF:UW is a terrible game.  PvP has been dumbed down to a skill spam and requires little to no player skill at all.  It favors the zergs over the tight knit grps.  The population is so dismal that people get excited on the forums when they had a 10v10 at their city one night.  The prowess system makes the game a job rather then fun.  The grind in DFO wasn't fun by any means but it was a skill as you go type system so you were litterally skilling up while you were fighting someone(albeit extremely slow).  Once they improved the skill gains in DFO it went very fast and you could be to end game status in under a month and pvp ready in a few days(not winning most fights but at least putting up a fight).  Since DFO was more skill based you could potentially be pvp ready the second you made your character you would just have to fight harder then your maxxed out opponent.  UW has zero to do with player skill and is gear/class specific therefore you aren't pvp ready until month 2 of casual play.  The fanbois and such will tell you that you are pvp ready after a week but in reality you have no chance of killing a 100k+ prowess person when you have 30k prowess.  Sure you can go out pvping the second you roll your toon, but the only people you are killing are afk or just as low as you.

UW's whole skilling system is broken and boring, the pvp is horrendous for being a pvp MMO, and the crafting system is a job rather then a means to go out and pvp.  The game world is pretty cool and is the only redeeming factor of the game since you will get some nice views while running around its empty mapset.  Once my 3 months are up I am done with the game for good until they open DFO back up. 

[mod edit]

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Lustmord

12/17/2014

Darkfall is still the best MMO available on the Market.

The only one worth playing, IMO.

You must be one of the very few people to get this memo.  Not sure how, out of all the millions of players who play MMOs, only you and a very few others have come to this realization.  

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Sorry to say that

But Mortal its more sandbox compare Darkfall

Darkfall its Massive multiplayer ARENA , near themepark with full loot 

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by vadio123

Sorry to say that

Yeah MO is more sandbox than Darkfall, but the combat is absolutely terrible.

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

to me Darkfall combat more arcade/action and Mortal more real 

But both have space on market 

at last not tab target or fake action 

I played both for around 1yr (darkfall 2 only 2 moth , darkfall 1 yes 1yr) 

I know darkfall bit soft compare mortal its not bad if you dont have time to play 

and still want adrenaline rush in vein if you hear unexpect sound or hit 

• SkellybonesSkellybones Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Darkfall is great played. Since Df1 and few months of df2. There no better game out there for me and that being said by someone who never was into PvP in a mmo tog type game. If I wanted PvP I would play cs or quake or something else for that. But the game has a lot to offer most people don't realize. Most people are afraid of change and don't like to leave their comfort zone. Well I do and darkfall has been the best mmo I ever played beside everquest when it first launched. I was around 12-14. I just went back to darkfall after trying so many mmos and nothing catches my attention or makes me feel the way I do when I log onto darkfall and I go out to a dungeon or pve or PvP or raid a city or craft a ship go kill a kraken maybe get killed in the process and get my ship stolen. Or hey maybe we defend our ship and own them and steal their ship. The point is this all can happen in a game like this. Glad I'm back playing darkfall

By the way it's in sale on steam 5 bucks.
    dont be a clan leader ! lol join one
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161

Sorry to say that

Sadly this is true. I play both games as well.  MO is every engaging to a point where you can play it almost like s single player and not get bored for first many hours.

If you follow Darkfall you will notice a recent blacklash where many high profile dedicated community members are leaving the game in droves. I think Darkfall "Arena" design is finally backfiring. 

AV tried to design a hybrid game mixing up some sandbox element, some classic mmorpg element, and mostly arena philosophy into one package.  However this is going to be a hard sell in a full loot game that is played as Arena.  This game design works as long as sheeps out number wolves.  In competitive arena game when sheeps can't win they will leave and this will collapse the food chain.  Sadly beside PvP there is nothing for sheeps to do to feel any sense of achievement/success.

Also it doesn't help that existing DF1 arena vet community is highly hostile to any change and wants everyone to bent to their will.  Majority of the discussions and patches are all about combat balance and pvp.  Unholy Ware was suppose to appeal to a broader player base, but I think it failed miserably because game remain arena with a gear grind where it is all PvP for the sake of PvP.  MO has the right foundation and it is just a matter of time when the combat will improve.  If this happens Darkfall will lose its only competitive advantage.

Oh come on mortal online wished it was like darkfall. Darkfall is the bomb it's gotten way better. I left darkfall a few months in launch because lacking features. But now I see they added a lot and have gotten to the point where it can be called a gamew there no PvP or world to pve in
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

to me Darkfall combat more arcade/action and Mortal more real 

But both have space on market 

at last not tab target or fake action 

I played both for around 1yr (darkfall 2 only 2 moth , darkfall 1 yes 1yr) 

I know darkfall bit soft compare mortal its not bad if you dont have time to play 

and still want adrenaline rush in vein if you hear unexpect sound or hit 

I guess it depends on what you mean by "real" but either way, I don't think realism has ever made a game more fun for me. Whenever I hear of realistic features in games, it always sounds interesting and impressive, but over the years I've come to realize that I really don't want a "realistic" game. I want a game that's fun and deep.

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by mmoesports

Sorry to say that

Sadly this is true. I play both games as well.  MO is every engaging to a point where you can play it almost like s single player and not get bored for first many hours.

If you follow Darkfall you will notice a recent blacklash where many high profile dedicated community members are leaving the game in droves. I think Darkfall "Arena" design is finally backfiring. 

AV tried to design a hybrid game mixing up some sandbox element, some classic mmorpg element, and mostly arena philosophy into one package.  However this is going to be a hard sell in a full loot game that is played as Arena.  This game design works as long as sheeps out number wolves.  In competitive arena game when sheeps can't win they will leave and this will collapse the food chain.  Sadly beside PvP there is nothing for sheeps to do to feel any sense of achievement/success.

Also it doesn't help that existing DF1 arena vet community is highly hostile to any change and wants everyone to bent to their will.  Majority of the discussions and patches are all about combat balance and pvp.  Unholy Ware was suppose to appeal to a broader player base, but I think it failed miserably because game remain arena with a gear grind where it is all PvP for the sake of PvP.  MO has the right foundation and it is just a matter of time when the combat will improve.  If this happens Darkfall will lose its only competitive advantage.

This...

DFO had the hardcore mentality of dog eat dog world.  It was a survival of the fittest and catered to a small niche of players.  It had numerous bugs that needed to be worked on, but the problem was the dev team never worked on the bugs in DFO because after only a year and half of being live they began work on DF:UW and scrapped DFO.  In DF:UW they tried to keep the pvp oriented and conqueor style of play with arena and themepark sprinkled in to cater to a larger playerbase.  Problem is arena and themepark players drop out and the hardcore full blown pvp fans of DFO can't stand the watered down version of the game.  So essentially AV's quest to cater to a larger playerbase has actually done the opposite and has appealed to an even smaller player niche then the original did.  Those that like this game are either new to the full loot style of pvp game, never have gotten into arena style, or couldn't cut the dog eat dog style of DFO and enjoy the dumbed down version.