Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At what point should I be worried?

HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
I put in a Ticket to recover my account. I messed up attached a bad email to it by mistake. Went to correct it and it locked me out.  Ticket has been in since the 1st.  Dealt with support before when Guild Wars 2 first came out and they had live chat support. It was handled instantly. Bit annoyed as if they have any doubt I can scan my manual with the cd key. Slightly annoyed.

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Hulluck
    I put in a Ticket to recover my account. I messed up attached a bad email to it by mistake. Went to correct it and it locked me out.  Ticket has been in since the 1st.  Dealt with support before when Guild Wars 2 first came out and they had live chat support. It was handled instantly. Bit annoyed as if they have any doubt I can scan my manual with the cd key. Slightly annoyed.

Your annoyed because the game you haven't paid anything for in what 2 years can't afford to still have live chat support? I'd imagine with almost no cash flow these days they are down to one CSR possibly only part time.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    If your GW1 and GW2 accounts are linked together and all you want is to change the email, then the support of GW2 should be able to handle it as well.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by winter

Your annoyed because the game you haven't paid anything for in what 2 years can't afford to still have live chat support? I'd imagine with almost no cash flow these days they are down to one CSR possibly only part time.

How do you know what I have or have not payed for?  It goes through Guild Wars 2 support as a matter of fact.  Yes customer support is important. I'm not raging but a bit worried, concerned, maybe slightly annoyed I can't access something I payed for and want to attach to my Guild Wars 2 account.  Yes I am a bit annoyed at this point that I haven't received something other than a generic auto reply for a company this large. It is a product I payed for and am unable to use. It was lost do to user error I admit.  So get off your snobbish high horse. I'm not busting their balls. Mostly trying to figure out if this is normal wait time.

The live support was actually for Guild Wars 2. It's all the same system. 

Originally posted by Dakeru
    If your GW1 and GW2 accounts are linked together and all you want is to change the email, then the support of GW2 should be able to handle it as well.

They weren't it's actually what I was trying to do..   I was first changing the email on the account to one I use. I goofed. Brainfart Went to fix it and system auto locked me out to my surprise. So sadly they are not linked.  I do have the book with the serial. Even the case.   I guess they might be backed up. Just seems a bit long for no response on a lost account. Though I guess they have a bunch of CS tickets to most likely.   The form to fill out is for GW1 and GW2 all the same support I imagine.  Might have messed something up filling it out. But figured they would ask if so.  So dunno.

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    May be a good idea to try to gw2 forums.
    Originally posted by Zarf42
    May be a good idea to try to gw2 forums.

Actually just saw that.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Just moved and had issues with both my GW2 and old GW accounts that had to be fixed.

Took them a few days but they got them both taken care of in the end. Just do not expect any speed records to be broken:P

The old GW account had been locked for 2 years or so when i messed up trying to log in a few times on wrong e-mail.  just gave up at the time and didnt try to get fixed till now after the move.

Anyhow, yes they can and will get you fixed up just they need a ton of info (old game keys are main thing they use) once you get them the info, and get to the head of the queue, they get you squared away quickly.

Originally posted by DarLorkar

Just moved and had issues with both my GW2 and old GW accounts that had to be fixed.

Took them a few days but they got them both taken care of in the end. Just do not expect any speed records to be broken:P

The old GW account had been locked for 2 years or so when i messed up trying to log in a few times on wrong e-mail.  just gave up at the time and didnt try to get fixed till now after the move.

Anyhow, yes they can and will get you fixed up just they need a ton of info (old game keys are main thing they use) once you get them the info, and get to the head of the queue, they get you squared away quickly.

cool beans. I definitely have the CD-Key.  I'll even scan the book for them.  The other info, yikes. I know the character names other than that though I cannot imagine what they would want.   I'll be more patient.  I'm sure they deal with a lot of gem store issues as well now that I think about it. I've been playing GW2, just got it, not like I have been foaming at the mouth or anything.  Genuinely concerned.  I did see the post the earlier poster mentioned on their forums about the time they post.   I honestly didn't think to check their forums as most companies don't like such stuff on the forums as far as support issues go.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I do not support this new era of free to play gaming,however if we are going to compare similar setups,SOE gave me nothing but A1 support and EQ2 has been f2p a very long time.Sadly i put SOE up among the worst businesses but for customer support they rock.

As a customer in any situation ,you like to feel they actually care and NOT just when it is time to take your money.You would "think" customer support looks at issues every day,but i know for fact MANY do it once a week and actual handling of cases is sometimes once a month,you usually get an automated response after a week then takes forever to actually get it taken care of.

Since he apparently did not even get an automated confirmation,one would assume a very slack system for support.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

I do not support this new era of free to play gaming,however if we are going to compare similar setups,SOE gave me nothing but A1 support and EQ2 has been f2p a very long time.Sadly i put SOE up among the worst businesses but for customer support they rock.

As a customer in any situation ,you like to feel they actually care and NOT just when it is time to take your money.You would "think" customer support looks at issues every day,but i know for fact MANY do it once a week and actual handling of cases is sometimes once a month,you usually get an automated response after a week then takes forever to actually get it taken care of.

Since he apparently did not even get an automated confirmation,one would assume a very slack system for support.

I did get the auto reply but that was it. I just didn't get a general reply saying whatever. For a lost account I felt that it was odd at this point.  Reading the thread on their support forums, I guess gem shop issues and GW2 stuff takes higher priority according to staff talking to others.  It shouldn't have been perma-locked over what I did.  As I did very little but change my email to one that did not exist. It was a brain-fart. Went to correct it and it auto locked on me.  I could have easily fixed it otherwise and saved them one less petition.  Matter of fact it locked so easy that I imagine this is a very common problem.

Oh well no biggie. I did not have a bunch of HoM stuff done anyway.  I am enjoying GW2. Wish storage would go on sale soon but that's my only gripe.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

My guess is that a lot of MMOs have staff that been on vacation since X-mas and get back to work monday, or started wednesday and had a whole load of things saved up during X-mas.

Not that great for players of course, and it isn't impossible that your request got lost somewhere. If I were you and I still havn't heard anything on tuesday I would send in it again. It is no real excuse to mess up during the holidays but s#!¤ happens.

The official forums doesn't hurt either.

• SixliSixli Member UncommonPosts: 14

Has anyone ever paid for anything, aside from the game?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I have been in a similar position as you - messed up while trying to link accounts.

The support on the GW2 site is where you need to go. They can overwrite both your GW1 and GW2 emails to make them link.

Be patient, they aren't the fastest but they will get the job done.

Harbinger of Fools