Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

be aware of vote-kick in gw2

in all of those reviews here i didnt see anyone to mention "vote kick" feature. Which is the most terrible setting that i have seen in any mmo since forever.

While group is made out of 5 people, 2 of them can kick other one at any time for no reason at all. Even after killing last boss in dungeon you can be kicked just before claiming your rewards just for the sole fun of it. 

Developers however didnt help to protect players who have been there whole run long. Rewards goes only for those who joins the dungeon right before last boss dies.

there is usually a reason why someone is kicked from a party ?

Ofc there is, here we go:

- Just before last boss in dungeon / fractal, lets invite friends from our guild.
- lets log in with our other account and claim gold for ourselves if last boss is easy duo-able.
- lets sell dungeon to random players on lfg.
- lets kick someone for fun as a joke, if he isnt from popular guild or have tons of achievement points, it doesnt matter. its not like we will ever need him. 
- Lets join almost finished dungeon on LFG, since we are lucky enough to find someone who needs help, and lets kick him ! so that we can invite our own friends.

The best part about it is that NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.

There is no world chat, so you cant complain or try to pay back abusive player by pointing out to whole community on this server that he deserves no sympathy nor respect. Without world chat you are left with bitter taste of being kicked any you cant do anything about it. 

Players complain about this feature since release, yet its still there since over 2 years. 

ps. neither did I, nor You have ever seen anyone complain about leader kick setting which is in preatty much every other mmo. 

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I never been kicked from a group since launch, but I do see the problem.

In most other games the leader do the kicking though (the one who invited the rest). It also have rather similar problems. A group do need to be able to kick someone who just goof off and just want to be along for the ride without adding anything. And I will certainly kick people who are rascist, call female group members really nasty things and so on (I had plenty of problems with that back in EQ2).

So there must be some mechanics to get rid of someone, the question is just how those mechanics should be?

Some of the stuff like kicking people so you could sell the last boss is really something that should be reported to a GM though. It sounds pretty close to exploiting in my book.

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410

You cant really protect from that. You either have a votekick or you have a party leader who kicks you out to make room for his guildmate/friend. 

These things happen in MMOs. I've never had it happening to me. Maybe you are acting as an asshole or rushing too much? Idk. If not, I guess you should confine yourself to your guild and a circle of friends. I usually run with people on my friendlist. I hardly use the LFG tool becasue I dont like people that rush ahead of everyone else and complain if somebody dies along the road. Such people I kick on the spot. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    That vote to kick bs has been around from day 1. One of many reason I put the game down. Right at the last boss you'll have some assholes do it for shits and giggles. I never joined a guild so it would happen to me pretty frequently.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Haven't seen this yet but I don't run dungeons with pugs much.

However, you can report them for harrassment.

Harbinger of Fools
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by jabhamano

in all of those reviews here i didnt see anyone to mention "vote kick" feature. Which is the most terrible setting that i have seen in any mmo since forever.

While group is made out of 5 people, 2 of them can kick other one at any time for no reason at all. Even after killing last boss in dungeon you can be kicked just before claiming your rewards just for the sole fun of it. 

Developers however didnt help to protect players who have been there whole run long. Rewards goes only for those who joins the dungeon right before last boss dies.

- Just before last boss in dungeon / fractal, lets invite friends from our guild.
    - lets log in with our other account and claim gold for ourselves if last boss is easy duo-able.
    - lets kick someone for fun as a joke, if he isnt from popular guild or have tons of achievement points, it doesnt matter. its not like we will ever need him. 
    - Lets join almost finished dungeon on LFG, since we are lucky enough to find someone who needs help, and lets kick him ! so that we can invite our own friends.

There is no world chat, so you cant complain or try to pay back abusive player by pointing out to whole community on this server that he deserves no sympathy nor respect. Without world chat you are left with bitter taste of being kicked any you cant do anything about it. 

Players complain about this feature since release, yet its still there since over 2 years. 

ps. neither did I, nor You have ever seen anyone complain about leader kick setting which is in preatty much every other mmo. 

Sad, but you get what you pay for. Being B2P GW2 has a very strict budget that allows very little for improvements/bug fixes. Thus years after release a problem like this that should have been fixed in months is still arouind. Personally I'd rather pay the sub then be dicked round for free. All to their own though. Good luck, maybe they'll get around to it when they finally release some real content in a expansion in a year or 2 more?

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by winter

Sad, but you get what you pay for. Being B2P GW2 has a very strict budget that allows very little for improvements/bug fixes. Thus years after release a problem like this that should have been fixed in months is still arouind. Personally I'd rather pay the sub then be dicked round for free. All to their own though. Good luck, maybe they'll get around to it when they finally release some real content in a expansion in a year or 2 more?

what the hell are you smoking. what a silly troll 

pay your sub...what makes you certain that in a game whereo nly a party leader can kick, he wouldn't kick your sorry ass if you misbehave? 

God sometimes im amazed by your silly logic. 

• iGumballStariGumballStar Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Originally posted by winter

This comment doesn't make sense.