Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Star Wars: The Old Republic: Three Things We Want from SWTOR in 2015

Comments

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    to fix the abilities delay aka server lag. its unplayable atm.
  • MindTrickedMindTricked Member UncommonPosts: 41

As a Preferred-status player, all I'd want is a bit of an ease-up on some restrictions, like :

1. equipment usage (makes no sense that ANY player can't use the best equipment in the game)
    2. quest rewards (same reasoning, aside from the bonus XP)
    3. adjust  the credit cap

After almost two years of rarely playing after my sub went out, I started playing again, putting a lot of hours into it over the past month and a half, and as I level, I notice how quickly I gain credits... and also how I can't possibly buy the good stuff because I can't even save the coin I need past 350K (not that I can *use* the stuff, of course, but when things cost 1m+, you're a tad screwed and a lot discouraged).

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

I played the game from early beta until about 6 months after launch and I'd like to see the companion and class stories expanded on. I'm sorry TOR fans but this game hasn't seen a proper expansion.

Yes they have added things most games do through mere patches but not a proper expansion. Does Bioware call them expansions? Yes. But I can call my poo in the toilet gold nuggets and that doesn't it any more valuable.

Not even saying the things they added aren't entertaining. Just not enough for me. Also not a fan of the subscription and also not a fan of the way they do the cash shop.

Bioware made it clear class stories are over. They are done. Which doesn't make sense. They also said the same thing about companion quests (the original ones). So I have no interest in coming back until that changes.

The reason the class stories are "over" is because they don't have the funding to continue them. That makes all the choices meaningless in every class story. If the class stories are meant to be over? Why have any choices at all? You could just tell a story with no choices and be done with it.

I know others feel this way as well. What has it been four years? No expansion class story expansion. Even Blizzard makes expansions faster than Bioware.

• Mumbles883Mumbles883 Member Posts: 1
    Leave the decisions to Bioware! Theres a reason your just a player!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by syltmacka

Very minimal lag with my 5 years old computer. Besides Wow only game I can play with nearly full settings. Lag to some degree disturbing only in very crowded areas.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Flintsteen

3 wishes.  

1.multiple appearance tabs.   I would love to change outfit depending on the planet I'm on.

Agree fully with you. And implement simple wardrobe solution so one can get better armor and always retain same look.

2. Multiple minigames.  simple games like a dart type game in cantinas ex.  or a shootout on Tatooine to shoot more womprats faster. Don't make anything big and complicated,  it's just a minigame,  not the actualy game.  Just a thing to "duel" against friends and strangers for those of us who don't realy want to do a real duel.

Hate minigames when they are part of quest. As long as they are optional for additional fun for somebody, I do not have any problem.

Of the rest forgot what is sorely needed MULTISPEC.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by klash2def
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    I want it to be alive, I left it because its dead ( still got one month sub 

Love when these people pop up.  ToR has never been dead. Do you know what dead means? 

Alive = Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas

other games just seem "dead" in comparison because of static NPCs standing around but that must be a MMO inherent design problem.

But it´s not a bad game, in fact I´m playing it regularly as preferred player but mostly for the PVP which is kinda fun.

And the class stories aren´t bad either, I just woulnd´t expect it will last and expand forever.

I´d eat my hat if there isn´t some next-gen hyper Star Wars MMO already deep in development and SWTOR fading out around 2018

Are you speaking for him or is it an alt account of yours?  What you should do in the future is give time for the other person to respond to the question asked for him before you chime in with your unasked for answer to his question to the other guy.

WTH, just posted my opinion on what "alive" means, are you paranoid ? Go troll insinuate somewhere else

• SynadilSynadil Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by kairel182
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by syltmacka

Very minimal lag with my 5 years old computer. Besides Wow only game I can play with nearly full settings. Lag to some degree disturbing only in very crowded areas.

First off, you're full of shit.  My old computer, which was 3-4 years old, could barely run SWTOR on low/medium because of the lack of optimization, so that's full of crap.

Secondly, you were obvious when you were incapable of seeing that he said "SERVER DELAY"  (see: Latency/Ping) and not graphical lag.

You're just as full of it. When I played, my computer was a P4 with 1 gig of ram, Rarely had any problems.

• BausteBauste Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I guess the Togruta species would be ok, but how about playable Wookiee Species first.

Pcgamingvet

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

1. Bigger Planets to Explore

2. Outfit / Wardrobe tabs for quick customization 

3. Mini Games - Pod Racing on Tattooine (bet and race) , Pazzaak in the cantinas etc 

4. Maybe a new race or class.. i would like to have a droid tech type of class tbh..like a hunter class.

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

2015 is the year of ... Battlefront

And what would - imo - be good going forward is to add "rpg" stuff to Battlefront. 

Same engine as for DA:I so EA should be able to fuse the mechanics from DA:I to the graphical models (and mechanics) from Battlefront relatively easily.

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

Can't wait to see the Togruta added.

Ahsoka Tano = Best-Star-Wars-Character-EVER!

Okay, well perhaps it's debateable, but for me, she's certainly in the conversation.

• NimaarkildNimaarkild Member UncommonPosts: 2

Could be really nice additions.

On the other hand, having QA teams able to avoid simple bugs from 3.0 version would be more than useful :)

Anyhow I'm still on the game, even if my opinion after 3.0 has dropped.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I couldn't agree more, Mike. Especially with the parts about GSF.

It's one of those occasions where greed won over common sense. They expected people to use Cartel Coins to get themselves more and better ships on every single character that participated in GSF.

There wasn't even a Collections option to unlock the blasted things for the whole account. Then once the system didn't prove as profitable as they had hoped (because the players actually have some sense left :P) it was all but discarded, with no further updates planned anytime soon.

As much as I love the game, that was one of those cases that was handled very badly, just like the dye system. Never bought a single ship out of principle.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by FanOfSuperman

Can't wait to see the Togruta added.

Ahsoka Tano = Best-Star-Wars-Character-EVER!

Okay, well perhaps it's debateable, but for me, she's certainly in the conversation.

Absolutely. And also one of the most popular ones. So adding the race definitely can't hurt them. I bet it'll sell far better than the Cathar.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by Mumbles883

We are not cattle to be herded and fed fermented corn. Our opinions and suggestions matter as long as we are customers.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade
    Originally posted by Mumbles883

We are not cattle to be herded and fed fermented corn. Our opinions and suggestions matter as long as we are customers. Maybe, just maybe someone will read these and get an idea or two... implement them... and they don't even have to give us credit for them.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I just recently subbed, and jeeze, I love it and I hate it. EA and Bioware apparently make enough money from this game, yet they continue to ignore it and treat it as if it were a failing product when the revenue says a different story. I don't understand it, and am saddened by the treatment of such a popular IP that has such a large player base. The server I'm on is always alive, and there's always someone to group with, the problem is that the LFG tool is a broken mess that Bioware refuses to fix.

I have literally been queued for something and a friend of mine will be standing right next to me, and we will stand there for 20+ minutes, the only people queued for the specific group content and it will still not match us. It's a sad state of affairs when I subscribe to a game and my money doesn't even seem to be going to improving said game.

Smile

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Love when these people pop up.  ToR has never been dead. Do you know what dead means? 

Alive = Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas

other games just seem "dead" in comparison because of static NPCs standing around but that must be a MMO inherent design problem.

But it´s not a bad game, in fact I´m playing it regularly as preferred player but mostly for the PVP which is kinda fun.

And the class stories aren´t bad either, I just woulnd´t expect it will last and expand forever.

I´d eat my hat if there isn´t some next-gen hyper Star Wars MMO already deep in development and SWTOR fading out around 2018

Are you speaking for him or is it an alt account of yours?  What you should do in the future is give time for the other person to respond to the question asked for him before you chime in with your unasked for answer to his question to the other guy.

WTH, just posted my opinion on what "alive" means, are you paranoid ? Go troll insinuate somewhere else

When someone asks a specific someone a question it is rude for you to butt in on that. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Are you seriously going to get into a semantics debate? Everyone knows "dead" when speaking of MMO servers means there are not enough players to enjoy a complete MMO experience. This game felt dead when it released at later levels, I recall going long periods of time without seeing anyone aside from fleet hubs.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    GSF does need cross server queues.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

GSF was a nice minigame but not more, it would have been cooler if they had replaced the entire on rails travel system, add PvE zones in space you can actually travel to etc.

i agree, a vast open space PvE would be really good (and it makes a lot of sense since we do have personal ships). It could be that one feature that would bring a lot of subbers back to the game. Even Warframe nailed space roaming better than swtor.....sigh

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

New Species : I don’t know this for sure, but I suspect they don’t want to spend a dime making additional assets.  The people who control the purse strings in games want to make one helmet for all character models  They don’t want to make one level 20 model for each species.

Galactic Starfighter Improvements : Same thing here.  They just don’t want to spend the money.

Alternative Activities : NJ is considering outlawing online gambling.  No developer wants to defend themselves in court, for facilitating online gambling.   Our be locked out of a state or international country, for gambling charges.  Whenever you add a system, you have to test it.  OMG Testing?  The biggest waste of time and money!  Take a guess how many times I have heard that.

Now don’t rub it in my face if the first two do come about.  If EA/BW could buy assets from say the SW animated series that may be do able.  I could guarantee that the art would have to be reworked extensively to be usable. I’m not a legal eagle but I don’t think dev’s will be adding legal heartache to their game anytime soon.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by cura

3 things and one of them is a new race... you left me speechless

My list:

1. Fixed engine performance.
    2. Chat bubbles, new systems and content for roleplayers.
    3. _Huge_ planet with a lot of exploration and group content.

And as bonus: Merge of codex entries for all characters in legacy.

Ahh, and another one, super important to me - redesign vehicle handling. Current implementation is so lame, i cant believe its in the game. I so much hate it, i would rather see vehicles completely removed from the game then leaving it as it is. And some idiot allowed sppeders in starfleet and starports becouse adhd kids coulnt stand spending two minutes on feet...

Agreed. The vehicle thing....ugh! Who da fug is going to let a guy riding a Tauntaun run amok throughout their space stations and homes leaving muddy claw prints and shite lying about. Not to mention a fuggin Rancor beast. Yet you can't ride them through some dank cave 2/3rds of the time.

No vehicles in station and buildings.

When you jump on a vehicle..your active companion should also spawn their own..or even the same vehicle as you for those long treks.

Again..just not through the Royal Palaces and indoor markets.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    <div usercontent"="" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;K&quot;}">

I was a fan of Bioware and their older games. Bioware used to have some descent developers who were about making great games like Baldur's Gate and others. Some of their artists and story writers were top notch. They also put in systems that were indepth.

Ever since the two doctors sold the Bioware Franchise off. The developers now who work for this company are not like that at all. It shows in their work and their games. I was a fan of this game (SWTOR) for along time as well but after spending large amounts of time on the (Massive Space Project) *rolls eyes* which I might add they hyped up and made it seem like it was going to be some huge open space thing

Instead we got another instanced pvp que tab that lasts for 5 - 10 mins. I wasn't impressed at all and I feel that they could of done a better job then just set it up as a instanced space arcade shooter. Everybody who played this game and even people in forums requested that the game needed a better space simulation then an instanced space shooter on rails and yet it's basically STILL the same thing, just that it's pvp. Which hardly anyone ques up for anyways because it's boring and tedious. If people are going to pvp they are going to PvP in warzones to get gear. I really feel the new Bioware developers really either have no clue, don't care, or have no connection to their fans at all. If they did they would of added these things 2 years ago. Don't even get me started on the cartel market either. The way they have their F2P system set up is a monopoly and some of the players now who want certain aspects of the game open to them are actually paying more now then when they did when the game was subscription based. They treat SWTOR like a cash sink and milk players to fund their other games meanwhile giving small little updates here and there to keep people pouring their money into a game that is not going to go much anywhere else.

I always said if they removed their talent tree's and put in something more simplistic I would leave the game and low and behold they announced they would. I finally left the game last year when they announced that they were removing the talent system and going to turn it into what blizzard did with Mists of Pandaria. It's why I left WoW as well. I don't like playing watered down mmorpg's. Just like Elderscrolls online. Why pay for something every month when you can play a single player rpg like oblivion, fallout new Vegas, fallout 2, or skyrim that has more depth to it then an online instanced story game that looks like its online but most of the time your playing it on your own anyways? Waste of time and money imo.

IMO SOE had a much better platform with SWG PRE CU then this simplistic, water down, cartoon, star wars story simulator. Young gamers think the Games these days are progressing but if you do research, read books on how the gaming industry has changed you realize they are not. They are regressing, because most of the older games now have more too offer then the newer ones. The only thing thats better is the graphics. Of course not "ALL" new games are bad, but I'm talking about the majority of them. Especially the ones they bring out on steam now.

Everquest 2 is still a very in-depth mmorpg that is slowly seemingly going down that simplistic water down route too. I don't know why developers have this need to continually simplify, and water down MMORPG's. I've been at the point now for the last year, that I just don't even bother with any of the newer ones anymore because to be honest with you. Out of the 100's of them I've tried over the years. Only a very few have been barely even any good. The single player rpgs have just as much to offer. Something a MMORPG were suppose to have more of. IE Dungeons and Dragons Online vs Neverwinter online. D&D online is over 10 years old and has more depth to it then Neverwinter has by a long shot. That right there just shows you that mmorpgs are not Evolving, they are De-Evolving.