Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hail thy mighty Orc.

I wonder where you could find a true role playing game. I would like to watch people role play because they always have interesting stories to tell to each other that are quite enjoyable.

Comments

• SystemChazerSystemChazer Member Posts: 18

Hi,

Generally you can find role playing on nearly every MMORPG. There´s allways (at least) a group of 100 People who like role playing as much as you. The problem ist that you are often interrupted by non-rpg-players if you stay on much frequented places.
    On some games there is one or more servers you HAVE TO to role playing to be allowed being there (e.g. The 4th coming, but if you like good graphics/emotes/good chat system: stay away from this one *g*).
    I suggest to search the forums of some games concerning role playing. Maybe you find some people to play. I´ve played Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft and some lesser known ones - they all had role playing elements (DAoC was the best in that) and there´s allways (at least) a small group of real role players online...

'Chazer

Sig? My Yellowjacket has SIG 5 ;-)
    (Shadowrun insider)

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by SystemChazer
    Hi,

Generally you can find role playing on nearly every MMORPG. There´s allways (at least) a group of 100 People who like role playing as much as you. The problem ist that you are often interrupted by non-rpg-players if you stay on much frequented places.
    On some games there is one or more servers you HAVE TO to role playing to be allowed being there (e.g. The 4th coming, but if you like good graphics/emotes/good chat system: stay away from this one *g*).
    I suggest to search the forums of some games concerning role playing. Maybe you find some people to play. I´ve played Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft and some lesser known ones - they all had role playing elements (DAoC was the best in that) and there´s allways (at least) a small group of real role players online...

'Chazer

I would agree with this, specifically with the DAoC suggestion.  My other suggestion would be to try EQ.  Even though it is an extremely dated game, it offers an actual "real world" feel to their game that I think really supports the roleplaying community and experience well.  However I wouldn't do the SOE f2p EQ, I would suggest P99 or another emulated server that offers an "old school" experience. 

However, in the end you can really RP in just about any game, it's just finding other people to RP with.  So checkinig the forums for any game your interested in should be able to net you some other folks looking for the same experience.  However the games I and SystemChazer suggested would have a better chance of finding folks interested in RP, IMHO.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Hail thy mighty orc doesn't seem to be right.... if one deserves to be hailed surely one has a great name, furthermore is being hailed after something orcs in general really care about? I have not known many seeking this, most of the time they are simply after freedom, honor, resources or blood.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    The thread is 8 years old AND bumped by a spam advertiser people.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams