Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back in AC after 10 years

hotlanderhotlander Member UncommonPosts: 4

I played AC between 2000-2004 with a 3 school melee d spec swordguy up to arround lvl 150. Sold my account after (regret it).

It's one of the best games i played ever. A lot of good memories.

I payed yesterday for a new unlimited sub for less then 10,- and returned to the server where i used to play; Thistledown

I hope more people will come back. If u play other games...u can play this one beside them and have fun with other AC-enthousiastics for less then 10 bucks!!!

[edit: my toon is called 'Dragonsbow'...my old toon's name was 'Sandokhan']

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    It was a good game in its time...but not anymore..time 2 move on

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by snoocky

It is still a good game, albeit I am not keen on the easy progression to 60 is it thing they have going on with that special dungeon to level in? It was ok when I got over it and pushed passed it to obscene level not sure what I am at again around 240 maybe I really can'r recall.

The trouble is I enjoy many other games so hard to fixate on something as good as AC is - but it is still my fave all time mmo, played from beta and up to 6 years. returned briefly and then sidetracked again.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

yep asherons call is pretty much the only mmorpg worth playing atm

• SatanixxSatanixx Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by snoocky

After playing most of whats come out in the past 4-5 years, AC is still miles better.

Been back playing for a month now and loving every min of it.

Used to play as Lucifer's Hand on TD now playing as Atheista on FF (only because FF has the highest pop and I dont remember my old acct info).

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

Asheron's Call was my first MMO. This was back in the good old days before Turbine became the vile company they are today. Sure they still have the name. Yes people have fond memories of AC and Lord of the Rings Online and that makes them rush to their defense. I don't have time to get into the facts but I promise you Turbine is not worth a monkey crap anymore.

Just talk with old LOTRO players. They will show you the proof, they have their own forums. They had to create their own community because the original MOD on the official side banned them for asking questions. MMORPG is a running joke to them due to the fact LOTRO got second in the great MMO face off. Because the game has been horrible for probably 2+ years.

The LOTRO team years ago provided one of the best expansions in MMO history. Moria. So people look at the game now with rose tinted glasses.

I loved AC too. Can't imagine how much of my life was spent in it back then. I understand how you feel. But I would move on from any Turbine product.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Troveaholic

Just talk with old LOTRO players. They will show you the proof, they have their own forums. They had to create their own community because the original MOD on the official side banned them for asking questions.

Nope. Actually it's odd to see this popping up again, just corrected it a week ago... (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6544432#6544432)  Maybe a more detailed timeline will help...

- We lived happily under Codies, life was great. :) US was our beta dept., if an update was good Codies applied it, if it was a buggy mess and US players whined, we just waited out until Turbine fixed up their sh.. problems. (for example we went f2p more than 2 months after the US switch, thus we got the fixed package right away). Forum was nice and friendly, but also much free-er than average forums on the other side of the pond.

(it's not a LotRO thing I guess, US moderation is generally... odd. Probably the overuse of "pc language", or the iSue mindset and the corporations watching their a$$e(t)s, dunno... I remember when AoC merged the forums, the change in the tone was noticeable too)  There was even a thread collecting Sapience's "masterpieces" for the lolz, his bans for posts which wouldn't even raise an eyebrow on our side.

- Then came the announcement that Turbine will snatch our servers, and everything with it. Instantly the thread mentioned above got a lot more views, along with the US forum, and many folks decided, no f-ing way we're going to that forum and giving the accounts to him, for a chance of ban on any whim. (plus there was the lottery, the my.lotro issue, etc.) At first the plan was to stay on the Codies forum but they said they will switch it to read-only (so the guides, etc. will be available, but no further posts in there). Then came the idea for making an unofficial forum. And that was lotrocommunity.

So no "the original MOD on the official side banned them for asking questions.", we never even saw his banhammer in the first place, lotrocommunity launched before the server transfer. The braver folks eventually created a forum user under Sapience too, but many never did that.

Sorry for the off, and yep, 10 bucks for an unlimited AC is a great price. If the private servers start to shine, it will be even better (but I guess I wrote the same many times already under AC threads :) )