Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The Player's Choice Awards - Part One

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Drakephire

What surprises me most about these lists are the number of games I don't even recognize.  Easily 80% of them are unknown to me. Such a change from just a few years ago when I knew nearly every MMO on the horizon as well as RPGs.

I can't even vote honestly...it's like voting on an election ballot for that 3rd County Judge seat that nobody has heard of. 

Most of those game i never heard and don't even care about some of them. If that's it then the genre is pretty sad.

• tahrutahru Member Posts: 2

3. Torment

4. Shroud of the Avatar

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Originally posted by derekthedj

1. None

2. None 

3. The Witcher 3 

4. EQ Next

It's sad that SOTA is skewing the ratings by campaigning their members to vote for them.

Yep, i continue to get updates from Shroud of the Avatar to vote up the game everywhere.

• tahrutahru Member Posts: 2

Shroud of the Avatar all the way!

Don''t pay attention to people that are upset because the polls don't go the way they want.  I say best of luck to all the games regardless of the click-bait site polls.  It is all just for fun!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by GungaDin

1. None

2. None 

3. The Witcher 3 

4. EQ Next

It's sad that SOTA is skewing the ratings by campaigning their members to vote for them.

Yep, i continue to get updates from Shroud of the Avatar to vote up the game everywhere.

Meh, I don't get updates from SOTA, nor have I purchased it yet, but I still voted for it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• derekthedjderekthedj Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Now that I think about it, my pick for biggest surprise of 2014 was that awesome trailer for Lost Ark.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by YashaX

No "Shadows of Mordor" for biggest surprise of 2014?

How about "Deep Down" for most anticipated rpg in 2015?

That was a good one.  "Shadows of Mordor"

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Not 100% but I could of sworn Black Desert got pushed back to a 2016 release as opposed to the 2015 one for NA/EU. Which would make it null and void for this list.
  • PermaFrost13PermaFrost13 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Shroud of the Avatar Forsaken Virtues should be in the RPG category also!
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Good question might be how many of these games will actually launch in 2015.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    I would have voted for EQN for most anticipated easily but I have no expectations that it will launch this year. Landmark has made amazing progress last year but there is still too much to do for EQN to be in a good state. So I went with The Repopulation
  • hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64

1. Trove

2. Firefall

3. Rebel Galaxy

4. The Repopulation

Trove genuinely surprised me as a fun game, never thought I'd get into a voxel game. Firefall went through so many changes it had to be most improved. Rebel Galaxy got my vote because I'm wanting a change fro fantasy. And The Repopulation because I'm a former SWG fan

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    EQnext 2015 ?  thought it was looking closer to 2017

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Amazed Persona 5 isn't down as a most anticipated RPG so I went with FF15
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

If I was going to complain about anything missing it would be Shadow Realms from Bioware. But it was originally announced as an episodic release in 2015 and now rumors have it be non-episodic and pushed back to 2017... who knows.

http://kotaku.com/sources-biowares-shadow-realms-in-flux-possibly-reboo-1677669790?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• enderandrewenderandrew Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by GungaDin

1. None

2. None 

3. The Witcher 3 

4. EQ Next

You're complaining about getting updates from a game you backed?

Then just delete the emails. And it is standard practice for people in charge of social media to try and create awareness. It is their job, and everyone does it.

Calling out one company for it alone is a bit disenguous. 

• pjur430pjur430 Member Posts: 1

I'm happy there's a resurgence in crpg games. I'm enjoying Divinity: Original Sin a lot and I'm eager to try Pillars of Eternity. Torment will be cool since it's a sequel to a classic D&D computer game which was very innovative.

Hopefully Black Desert will be out this year. ArcheAge was fun for the most part. An updated version with better bot blocking will be good. The character renders for Black Desert are awesome.

I hope we get more news this year about Blade and Soul and Bless. It'd be nice if we got them in the US in 2016.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    U cant really claim camelot to be an mmorpg whilw warhammer isnt...both are essentially the same
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Not much actually worth voting on.  Don't vote for mediocrity.   So I went with.

1) No vote

2) No vote

3) Witcher 3

4) Life is Feudal

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The problem with so many of these MMOs is they are about what could be or might be instead of what is.........
  • GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

1) No vote

2) SWTOR - The game has been much improved from the one that was rightfully dumped on in 2012.  2014 also saw the addition of strongholds and the Revan expansion.  IMO BioWare deserves some recognition for working to give the game some legs after the beating it took.

3) The Witcher 3 - While PoE, T:ToN, and FFXV are on my list, TW3 is the only one I'm expecting to be blown away by.

4) EQN - I seriously doubt 2015 will actually be the year, but it's on top of my most anticipated list.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

1) Overwatch - the rest I either already knew about for a long time, or didn't interest me.

2) SWTOR. Very tough choice though, as I was also tempted to vote ESO. But I don't have enough experience with the latter to notice much beyond several improvements.

3) The Witcher 3 of course. Which is going to crush all of its competition from the look of it. (as expected!)

4) The Repopulation. Not terribly excited about any of them, but the Repopulation still wins for me, followed by Black Desert. (I've been pretty meh about most upcoming MMOs for a long time, so it's probably me, not the actual games. Well, that and I'm actually content with my current selection of games. image )

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

1.) CU and others are not due out in 2015. Hence not included. Will be next year.

2.) Those games weren't surprising unless you count underwhelming at launch. Which there is an argument for. But the category is more meant for games that genuinely surprised in a GOOD way. 

Black Desert isn't out over here this year either so really shouldn't be on there..  2016 is when Daum suggested we'd be getting it...

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by YashaX

No "Shadows of Mordor" for biggest surprise of 2014?

How about "Deep Down" for most anticipated rpg in 2015?

I would have thought that to be on the list as well. It's received some interesting positive feedback about moving the open narrative in RPGs forward a significant step.

LOTR based rpgs tend to be pretty lacklustre so the success of SOM was a big surprise for me.

Is Deep Down not very well known? It looks really interesting with a multiplayer/co-op system and darksoulish atmosphere. Its made by Capcom so the gameplay/combat should be pretty amazing.

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Whoever put all those games next to Witcher 3 in the RPG section was probably scrambling for ideas...almost feel sad for all those games.

Quite surprised EQ:N isn't further ahead of Shroud of the Avatar.

The most improved section is really biased imo...I guess Landmark added like 50% of the game in one swoop (combat), but that doesn't amount to much overall. SWTOR's 12x EXP bonanza was brilliant and made me actually play the game for once! ESO ofc got their major rebound, while WoW got its best ex-pack in a while.