Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminiscing of the good old days

So ive been playing said title from said place we arent allowed to speak of and it made me want to ask everyone what their favorite moments in SWG were. I ask because i looked through some of the older forum posts and the hate this game and its vet got from people who never played it or only played it during the dreaded NGE times blows my mind away. 

I finished my Pre-NGE career as a Jedi master. It was very, very hard to get there. Took me well over 2 years to finally get there. Mainly cause i had no idea where i was going and i was lazy not following through with it. 

But my favorite times were playing as my Master Medic. Sitting in the Cantina healing fellow adventurers who came in busted and bruised in need of rest. Many of these adventurers would sit with me and chat with me while i healed them and the ents soothed their minds. I had great conversations and as such was invited to join said adventurers and groups on their journeys. I did it all for free too. I enjoyed my profession and didnt care for the monetary value i could earn. 

The social aspect of SWG was of any mmo i ever played. almost everything you did or wanted to do involved other players in some maner. 

I made so many friends playing this game and the best part of it was that i met my wife on SWG. we had no idea we lived just a few blocks away from each other. 

As far as my favorite moment was when i joined a mandalorian guild and they ran me through the death watch camp until i had everything i need for my armor. White plates black flight suit with a red left shoulder plate. I was the Combat medic of the guild. we had other medics but only in basic stats nothing as advanced as my medical abilities. We fought and beat so many guilds. I miss those days.

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    The swg vets have only one hope....The repop  image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    The swg vets have only one hope....The repop  image

or SWG pre NGE, but tbh after november 2005 I left permanently to join a even better sandbox imo in EVE.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393
    I miss the game.  I don't miss the buggy content or the broken professions or 50 bazillion jedi running around.

With the new movies coming out, this would be a great time for a new SW:G....lots of potential Forward moving content to go with the Content of The GCW and maybe put in a New Jedi Temple content themepark.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I miss the player run events. A by-product of the fact that the game wasn't super populated is that the communities were quite tight knit. I'd regularly visit the weekly events and mingle with all the people, listening to their stories.

When it comes to making a new Star Wars sandbox, I wonder if they will consider it? It is obvious that Disney wants to push the franchise to as many places as possible - Battlefront is coming out soon, an iOS game just came out today, Disney Infinity (mainly featuring Star Wars) came out a couple weeks ago. Toyshops are swarmed with Star Wars stuff more so than ever. They are opening a Star Wars land in Disneyland in the next few years.

I wonder if a sandbox MMO is something that is potentially on the table, or if it would be seen as competition for SWTOR.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There are things from original SWG I miss. Player cities. Gathering with other players to heal. Multiple professions. Cool graphics (as to some things anyway). 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests