Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a MMO. ESO or FF:XIV ARR?

2»

Comments

• chums54chums54 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by bcbully

OP if someone told you ESO was empty they wouldn't be being truthful. 700k is the lowest estimate I've heard. 800k was in July. ESO has grown since then. People are everywhere. except the vet zones >.<

Grown?

Would love to see some data to back that up.

Also those figures are WAY off - 700K? Highly doubtful.

How many full Cyrodil campaigns are there these days - that's the only indicator to tell how well they're doing because of the known max # of players per campaign.

Either way - I'd say to OP - try em both, see what you like better.

I've played both games and didn't like either past the 1st month.

Same guy that has to post in ever since Archeage thread is trying to bust on someone for the stuff they post. Almost everything you post DMKano is bullshit. Why get mad at others when they do the same thing you do?

• chums54chums54 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

You disappoint me. I waited for so long and this is what you give me? some old link from superdata mixed with more of your personal opinions?

Nevermind. Time for curtains and exit.

Next time click the link. The link is of physical box sales, highlighting June through December... Did you already have you response planned or something? 

Come on man pick it up!

Even going by the link provided.

Total Units

North America: 0.23m 41.3%
    + Europe: 0.25m 45.1%
    + Rest of the World: 0.08m 13.6%
    = Global 0.56m

So globally they have sold 560k units. That's a little off from the numbers you stated and it's using the data you provided. 

Pretty sad.....

Don't even say digital sales either. We can talk sales all day. People want to see sub numbers not sales.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by chums54

You disappoint me. I waited for so long and this is what you give me? some old link from superdata mixed with more of your personal opinions?

Next time click the link. The link is of physical box sales, highlighting June through December... Did you already have you response planned or something? 

Come on man pick it up!

Even going by the link provided.

Total Units

North America: 0.23m 41.3%
    + Europe: 0.25m 45.1%
    + Rest of the World: 0.08m 13.6%
    = Global 0.56m

So globally they have sold 560k units. That's a little off from the numbers you stated and it's using the data you provided. 

Pretty sad.....

Don't even say digital sales either. We can talk sales all day. People want to see sub numbers not sales.

hey new guy, those are PHYSICAL BOX sales. Digital downloads from elderscrolls.com, amazon, steam, greenman ect. are not included in that number. 

To give you some perspective Warlords of Draenor has sold 210k physical boxes from launch to December. We know W.O.D sold 3.3 million TOTAL copies  including DIGITAL DOWNLOADS at a rate of around 15:1 digital to physical box.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by chums54

Pretty sad.....

Why? What do sub numbers change in regard to the game?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Why ppl bother with sales? We don't know exact numbers and anyway what matters is how many play the game, not how many bought it.

The only site i can trust for some good percentages (not overall numbers ofc) is Raptr which tracks more than 30m ppl's played hours.

If you want go to Raprt.com->profile->game collection->discover games and check weekly/monthly/overall played hours.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Come on man pick it up!

Pick up what? more of your BS? no thank you.

the way you pass your personal opinions as facts about 'game is stillgrowing' i was hoping for something more official. But alas same song and dance every time.

There is a reason why Zenimax is not making numbers official because they know they will be under a lot of scrutiny. Publicly traded company or private when there are numbers to flaunt they simply do it because it is a good advertisemnt.

Zenimax has already taken a lot of flak last year and last thing they want is another round of criticism due to lack luster sales given ESO IP. That is simply logical thinking. Otherwise i see no reason to hold back sales for almost a year.

So please unless you got something more official other than superdata and more speculation try not to pass your own personal thoughts as a fact.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I am subbed to both but I end up playing either Dragon Age Inquisition or GW2 (for the spvp). Sometimes I fire up ESO and its pretty fun (but not as fun as DAI), and I hear that FF14 gets good at later levels but I just can't be bothered with it atm.
  • Neobloodline3dNeobloodline3d Member CommonPosts: 54

If you like all the males in a game to resemble preteen girls FF14 may be just for you.  If you like to zone every 3 minutes because the maps are ridiculously engineered FF14 may be just for you.  If you like your textures ranging from pretty nice to completely horrible in the same scene than FF14 may be just for you.  If you like to run from place to place for seemingly no good reason and with minimal reward than FF14 may be just for you.  If you like to look exactly like everyone else does at your level than FF14 may be just for you.  If it doesn't bother you that the characters all seem to be gliding along with ground without proper foot planting then you may be happy watching your character run around for hours in FF14.   Now that I've given you all the good things about FF14 you should also take a loot at the mission cut scenes on youtube and see if they annoy you into fits after 10 minutes.  I recommend experiencing Elite Dangerous if you're looking for a surprisingly deep and immersive experience.