Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does WoW get harder?

13»

Comments

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    WoW is an easy game with the option of difficulty. The problem is the difficulty feels like a gimmick because it's really just difficulty settings. Arena is difficult because it's against people that have been playing for 5+ years but that doesn't qualify WoW as difficult.

    Boy you guys will spin stuff in the most amazing ways.  If you put the energy you put on coming up with these crazy spins on something productive there is no telling what you guys could accomplish!  

    How is that spin? Almost all themeparks are designed in that way. Almost all of the "hard" content is locked away from the world. Again that's how themeparks are designed.

    The best reply to the OP would be, get to a point where you're doing hard dungeons, or play Dark Souls... That would apply to anything from WOW to ESO and most in between. Anything else would go against the idea of serving up something with mass appeal.

    gim·mick

     

    ??imik/

     

     

    noun

     

    1.  

    synonyms:publicity stunt, contrivanceschemestratagemploy;

    informalshtick

     

    "the trivia contest was a gimmick to sell more newspapers"

     

    hard content in WoW or another Mmo is not a "gimmick " that was the spin I was referring too.  

     

    Legendary items (or top tier in game items) are a good indicator of difficulty.  In GW2 it probably takes 2 years to get a legendary, i'm still working on mine casually, it will probably take me 3.  I Joined MOP for a couple months to try it out - I had a legendary in a month lol - and thats before they 'NERFED' it near then end of the game so everyone could get the legendary. 

    Why exactly did Blizzard nerf the effort needed to get a legendary?  Blizzards well known strategy is tiered nerfing - everyone 'deserves' top gear.

     

    Another perfect example of an individual who confuses tedium and time sinks with difficulty and challenge.

    You people can not even make up your mind and are way to and fro like a pendulum and continue to change your idea of challenge from one MMO to another.

    RNG is the only challenge when it comes to GW2 legendary but it is all good because it is GW2 ofcourse.

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by greatskys
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by greatskys
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Tsumoro
    LOTRO

    I'd love to know what you consider a "challenge" in LOTRO. Because I've played that game since its release (I'm a founder and lifetimer) and I never saw anything harder than WoW in it.

     

    Originally posted by mark2123 
    And in response to JLP, rather than 'bash' WoW, I've given my reasoned points why the game has gone in a direction I no longer enjoy.  So why do I come on here and post about it?  a) because it's a forum for mostly free speech and b) that I expect Blizzard staff to also read forums and just one day, they might listen.

    If your intent was to deliver your message to Blizzard, you would be posting on the official forums. Come on, free speech is not an excuse for everything. Do you really think we don't know why you do it here instead of the official forums?

    Absolute rubbish . I'm playing WoW and lotro side by side at the moment both my characters are in their 70s . I'm still two shotting most mobs in WoW with my Death Knight where as the average mob with my burglar in Lotro takes at least 10 shots to take down at a similar level . You have obviously no idea what you are talking about .  

    And you obviously have no clue what you are talking about...

     

    WoW-Death Knight one of the TOP DPS CLASSES

    LOTRO-Burglar low dps specialty class

    Now if you had a clue what you were talking about you wouldnt be comparing these two classes.  

     

    And for fun here is a youtube vid of a Burglar SOLOING A DUNGEON.  

     

     

    Difficult you say lol

     

    How about a link showing all the Rares, elites and Arch-nemesis you can solo in LOTRO?  Ok here you go

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532627-HD-Burglar-solo-thread

    I have various classes in both WoW and lotro . Personally I think you are a bit of a joke if you think WoW and lotro are in anyway similar in terms of difficulty while leveling . I imagine most people who have read your posts that have experience in both games will also see how ridiculous they are . 

    No it is not ridiculous because LOTRO leveling isn't the same anymore. It was challenging when it was released but since then content has been streamlined a lot and you can plow through all content solo which earlier needed a help from a friend.

    The only thing ridiculous is selective memory and bias when ever WOW comes into the picture.

  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    If you want a challenge, play Vanilla WoW. To me, it's far more difficult and fun than current WoW.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    WoW is an easy game with the option of difficulty. The problem is the difficulty feels like a gimmick because it's really just difficulty settings. Arena is difficult because it's against people that have been playing for 5+ years but that doesn't qualify WoW as difficult.

    Boy you guys will spin stuff in the most amazing ways.  If you put the energy you put on coming up with these crazy spins on something productive there is no telling what you guys could accomplish!  

    How is that spin? Almost all themeparks are designed in that way. Almost all of the "hard" content is locked away from the world. Again that's how themeparks are designed.

    The best reply to the OP would be, get to a point where you're doing hard dungeons, or play Dark Souls... That would apply to anything from WOW to ESO and most in between. Anything else would go against the idea of serving up something with mass appeal.

    gim·mick

     

    ??imik/

     

     

    noun

     

    1.  

    synonyms:publicity stunt, contrivanceschemestratagemploy;

    informalshtick

     

    "the trivia contest was a gimmick to sell more newspapers"

     

    hard content in WoW or another Mmo is not a "gimmick " that was the spin I was referring too.  

     

    Legendary items (or top tier in game items) are a good indicator of difficulty.  In GW2 it probably takes 2 years to get a legendary, i'm still working on mine casually, it will probably take me 3.  I Joined MOP for a couple months to try it out - I had a legendary in a month lol - and thats before they 'NERFED' it near then end of the game so everyone could get the legendary. 

    Why exactly did Blizzard nerf the effort needed to get a legendary?  Blizzards well known strategy is tiered nerfing - everyone 'deserves' top gear.

     

    Another perfect example of an individual who confuses tedium and time sinks with difficulty and challenge.

    You people can not even make up your mind and are way to and fro like a pendulum and continue to change your idea of challenge from one MMO to another.

    RNG is the only challenge when it comes to GW2 legendary but it is all good because it is GW2 ofcourse.

    i dont like it, its tedium!  The hardest item in the game should take weeks to get, because i want it!, how can you possibly like different things its impossible!

    rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

    Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    yep I saw them too, but statistically it will typically take a player a couple years (at a guess) on average to get a legendary, unless they cheat ofc.

    rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

    Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Orious
    Difficulty is a choice in WoW. The hard part is the harder raid levels.

    I don't understand how people cannot see this.

     

    Wow has whatever difficulty you want. You want derpy stuff to do? Level another alt or run heroic dungeons in raid gear. You want a challenge? Get into a progression guild and get to work downing mythic. Tired of PVE? run some rated bgs or arenas.Hell even leveling an alt can be difficult if you see how far you can get naked. People just want to whine without trying to find ways to correct whatever they are whining about.

     

    I guarantee that those whining about wow being to easy would whine it was too hard if Blizzard made everything difficult. But Blizzard wont because they are not dumb. WoW is king after 10 years because they get it. Sometimes I want to be challenged, sometimes I just want to chill. WoW is by far the best game for that.

  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by greatskys
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by greatskys
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Tsumoro
    LOTRO

    I'd love to know what you consider a "challenge" in LOTRO. Because I've played that game since its release (I'm a founder and lifetimer) and I never saw anything harder than WoW in it.

     

    Originally posted by mark2123 
    And in response to JLP, rather than 'bash' WoW, I've given my reasoned points why the game has gone in a direction I no longer enjoy.  So why do I come on here and post about it?  a) because it's a forum for mostly free speech and b) that I expect Blizzard staff to also read forums and just one day, they might listen.

    If your intent was to deliver your message to Blizzard, you would be posting on the official forums. Come on, free speech is not an excuse for everything. Do you really think we don't know why you do it here instead of the official forums?

    Absolute rubbish . I'm playing WoW and lotro side by side at the moment both my characters are in their 70s . I'm still two shotting most mobs in WoW with my Death Knight where as the average mob with my burglar in Lotro takes at least 10 shots to take down at a similar level . You have obviously no idea what you are talking about .  

    And you obviously have no clue what you are talking about...

     

    WoW-Death Knight one of the TOP DPS CLASSES

    LOTRO-Burglar low dps specialty class

    Now if you had a clue what you were talking about you wouldnt be comparing these two classes.  

     

    And for fun here is a youtube vid of a Burglar SOLOING A DUNGEON.  

     

     

    Difficult you say lol

     

    How about a link showing all the Rares, elites and Arch-nemesis you can solo in LOTRO?  Ok here you go

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532627-HD-Burglar-solo-thread

    I have various classes in both WoW and lotro . Personally I think you are a bit of a joke if you think WoW and lotro are in anyway similar in terms of difficulty while leveling . I imagine most people who have read your posts that have experience in both games will also see how ridiculous they are . 

    I'm a joke?  Lol you reply to me and avoid the links I post...not suprised coming from someone like you.  Here is another link from the forums talking about instant 100.  You know what the major comment in the thread is? Why would you pay to level to 100 in Lotro when it's so fast and so easy to level from 1-100.  Again I understand you don't like links and facts but I'll post it just for fun...

     

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?559291-Instant-Level-100

  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Orious
    Difficulty is a choice in WoW. The hard part is the harder raid levels.

    I don't understand how people cannot see this.

     

    Wow has whatever difficulty you want. You want derpy stuff to do? Level another alt or run heroic dungeons in raid gear. You want a challenge? Get into a progression guild and get to work downing mythic. Tired of PVE? run some rated bgs or arenas.Hell even leveling an alt can be difficult if you see how far you can get naked. People just want to whine without trying to find ways to correct whatever they are whining about.

     

    I guarantee that those whining about wow being to easy would whine it was too hard if Blizzard made everything difficult. But Blizzard wont because they are not dumb. WoW is king after 10 years because they get it. Sometimes I want to be challenged, sometimes I just want to chill. WoW is by far the best game for that.

    The flaw with that train of thought is that Blizzard offers multiple modes for doing dungeons and raids but doesn't offer those same choices for leveling.  Even if you do run around naked without any weapons, you'll still last 10 times longer than you would have when the game went live.  

    What if, instead of their being multiple levels to the same raids, you only had one, normal mode.  If you wanted to make it difficult, you'd leave your gear at the door and run the place naked.  To make it especially hard, you could refrain from any healing abilities.  See the absurdity in the comparison between leveling and end game?

    Hence the question from the OP who is leveling from scratch, not talking about what WoD has to offer.  

     

     

  • ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

    Does WoW get harder you ask? How can u make a game hard when the only thing to do is stand in the main city for lvl 15 and spamm LFG button....games a joke....its a paint by colors mmo and is created soly for ppl who cant handel going outside the lines.

    So no....it dosnt get harder...its the same thing from square one....i dont care what anyone says or how much ppl and money it has....its the worst MMO every created and the playerbase is scared of change and want everythign handed to them and CRY if anythign is difficult...so no wow CANT be dificult because the player base would cry piss and whine about it...

  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

    Does WoW get harder you ask? How can u make a game hard when the only thing to do is stand in the main city for lvl 15 and spamm LFG button....games a joke....its a paint by colors mmo and is created soly for ppl who cant handel going outside the lines.

    So no....it dosnt get harder...its the same thing from square one....i dont care what anyone says or how much ppl and money it has....its the worst MMO every created and the playerbase is scared of change and want everythign handed to them and CRY if anythign is difficult...so no wow CANT be dificult because the player base would cry piss and whine about it...

    Haha congrats you win the award for being completly clueless!  

  • ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

    Does WoW get harder you ask? How can u make a game hard when the only thing to do is stand in the main city for lvl 15 and spamm LFG button....games a joke....its a paint by colors mmo and is created soly for ppl who cant handel going outside the lines.

    So no....it dosnt get harder...its the same thing from square one....i dont care what anyone says or how much ppl and money it has....its the worst MMO every created and the playerbase is scared of change and want everythign handed to them and CRY if anythign is difficult...so no wow CANT be dificult because the player base would cry piss and whine about it...

    Haha congrats you win the award for being completly clueless!  

    Played wow for 8 years....im not clueless...i grew up and seen what was happeing...im the only one that has sense and the many others who know and see what WoW truly is....unlike you who is blinded by flashy lights and rehashed mobs and caiterd gameplay with everything handed to you...but by all means keep playing! Keeps the kids out of actual MMORPG games :)

  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Orious
    Difficulty is a choice in WoW. The hard part is the harder raid levels.

    I don't understand how people cannot see this.

     

    Wow has whatever difficulty you want. You want derpy stuff to do? Level another alt or run heroic dungeons in raid gear. You want a challenge? Get into a progression guild and get to work downing mythic. Tired of PVE? run some rated bgs or arenas.Hell even leveling an alt can be difficult if you see how far you can get naked. People just want to whine without trying to find ways to correct whatever they are whining about.

     

    I guarantee that those whining about wow being to easy would whine it was too hard if Blizzard made everything difficult. But Blizzard wont because they are not dumb. WoW is king after 10 years because they get it. Sometimes I want to be challenged, sometimes I just want to chill. WoW is by far the best game for that.

    Well, there exactly is the problem. In order to have any challenge what so ever you have to join a raiding guild and commit to their schedules, which is something not many are willing to do for one reason or the other.

    In WoW there's content for HC raiders, PvP'ers, no-gamers, ultra-casuals, small kids and grandmas, but not for a just an ordinary gamer who has played mmos and other games for years and knows how these things work.

  • SeunlauSeunlau Member UncommonPosts: 28

    1. Questing in this game and lvling a character from 1 to 100 is fun the first time. Dont bother reading the quests tho, just enjoy the flow and combat system, one shot everything, good way to learn your character before you get to 100 for raids/arena/bgs. Nothing more, nothing less.

     

    2. Get to 100 asap, start gearing for pvp/pve, when you have gotten yourself some gear then thats where the game starts.

    "Hard mode" For PVE for us casuals, do normal raiding(10 or more people on teamspeak being all hype) here you want to wish that you do not meet on a guild that are racists, trust me you wont be enjoying. You learn tactics before new content for all bosses, get together with 10 or more people and kill the bosses one after the other.

    This is already quite hard when new content comes out. Lets not mention that there are 2 more difficulties (Heroic and Mythic) to complete after you complete normal raids. My "casual" guild which had some quite decent players could get stuck on a boss for a whole day, 4h + on normal raiding when new content came out so no the game is not that easy. I bet its the same thing for ppl doing heroic, mythic its just that people are on different level of skill and gear.

     

    "Hard mode" For PVP for us casuals, arena and bgs 2000+ rating, bye and goodluck on this one, the hardest and most enjoyble pvp in any game. Smooth gameplay, everything works, no lags, epic.

    Yes wow is a nice game. And yes I did quit simply because I wanted challenge and I got it when I found a guild that were raiding. But the thing is I do not like people talking trash on teamspeak. It ruins the fun and not to mention that there is a schedule you have to follow. I cant just close my door 4 days a week not drink not eat just for the challenge its just too much.

    Last thing I want to mention is LFG, (looking for group) raiding. Anyone can make a flexible group and I think blizzard did a good job with this one. Now you can enjoy the new content and gear without having to follow a schedule and listen to idiots in ts.

    LFR is a joke, just skip. Get yourself pvp gear and join lfg/guild.

     

     

     

     

  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    WoW is an easy game with the option of difficulty. The problem is the difficulty feels like a gimmick because it's really just difficulty settings. Arena is difficult because it's against people that have been playing for 5+ years but that doesn't qualify WoW as difficult.

    Boy you guys will spin stuff in the most amazing ways.  If you put the energy you put on coming up with these crazy spins on something productive there is no telling what you guys could accomplish!  

    How is that spin? Almost all themeparks are designed in that way. Almost all of the "hard" content is locked away from the world. Again that's how themeparks are designed.

    The best reply to the OP would be, get to a point where you're doing hard dungeons, or play Dark Souls... That would apply to anything from WOW to ESO and most in between. Anything else would go against the idea of serving up something with mass appeal.

    gim·mick

     

    ??imik/

     

     

    noun

     

    1.  

    synonyms:publicity stunt, contrivanceschemestratagemploy;

    informalshtick

     

    "the trivia contest was a gimmick to sell more newspapers"

     

    hard content in WoW or another Mmo is not a "gimmick " that was the spin I was referring too.  

     

    Legendary items (or top tier in game items) are a good indicator of difficulty.  In GW2 it probably takes 2 years to get a legendary, i'm still working on mine casually, it will probably take me 3.  I Joined MOP for a couple months to try it out - I had a legendary in a month lol - and thats before they 'NERFED' it near then end of the game so everyone could get the legendary. 

    Why exactly did Blizzard nerf the effort needed to get a legendary?  Blizzards well known strategy is tiered nerfing - everyone 'deserves' top gear.

     

    Another perfect example of an individual who confuses tedium and time sinks with difficulty and challenge.

    You people can not even make up your mind and are way to and fro like a pendulum and continue to change your idea of challenge from one MMO to another.

    RNG is the only challenge when it comes to GW2 legendary but it is all good because it is GW2 ofcourse.

    i dont like it, its tedium!  The hardest item in the game should take weeks to get, because i want it!, how can you possibly like different things its impossible!

    No more like "whether i like it or not it is still"a tedium."

    Terrible RNG, farming gold and gathering mats isn't a challenge but time sink. I suggest learn to make the difference. 

    The challenge should be the activity in itself and not how much time it takes you to do that. It is same as hitting a boss with 100 million HP till it drops dead and then claim it was a challenge.

    Amount of time spent in doing an activity go nothing to do with it being a challenge.

  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Scypheroth
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Scypheroth

    Does WoW get harder you ask? How can u make a game hard when the only thing to do is stand in the main city for lvl 15 and spamm LFG button....games a joke....its a paint by colors mmo and is created soly for ppl who cant handel going outside the lines.

    So no....it dosnt get harder...its the same thing from square one....i dont care what anyone says or how much ppl and money it has....its the worst MMO every created and the playerbase is scared of change and want everythign handed to them and CRY if anythign is difficult...so no wow CANT be dificult because the player base would cry piss and whine about it...

    Haha congrats you win the award for being completly clueless!  

    Played wow for 8 years....im not clueless...i grew up and seen what was happeing...im the only one that has sense and the many others who know and see what WoW truly is....unlike you who is blinded by flashy lights and rehashed mobs and caiterd gameplay with everything handed to you...but by all means keep playing! Keeps the kids out of actual MMORPG games :)

    Maybe Blizzard did one thing right... and that is to get the game rid of arrogant elitists.

    So I guess you have all bosses down in Mythic mode and you are waiting for the next tier because this one was too easy, catering for the casuals?

    Why is that always the standard fanboy response every time someone is tired of the game?  You with your million hours clearly love it every day and won't hear a word against WoW.

    Not everyone likes to raid.  If we assume that people want to level, craft, explore etc, then the game ends pretty fast and is rinse and repeat - hell the Garrisons lasted 5 minutes before everyone has so many resources they don't know what to do with them.  I don't have much time for raiding as I have a family and a job and I neglect either, which is a good job really because if I had loads of spare time, I couldn't imagine hammering away at the same old content day in day out to what end?

    For the non-raiders, there's little new land-mass to explore, no new dailies, no scenarios, not much worth doing on crafting because you can sit in your garrison and get your gear.  Seriously, for a subscription, Blizzard provide f-all content that you didn't already buy in the expac that cost the price of a full game.  They really could add some content each month for people to do and WE WOULDN'T BE SO DAMN BORED.

     

  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

    if you expect anything beyond raid / arena / battleground in world of warcraft - classic themepark 

    you realy wastte time 

     

    and say bit more impossible make good exploration/craft games without grind! 

Sign In or Register to comment.