Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My server is dead

I had such hopes for this game. I am the unfortunate owner of a collectors edition.

I came back to this game after a years .. hiatus .. vacation .. and it's dead. Dead silence is what I see. Empty "worlds", everyone already knew the zones were small, so I shouldn't be surprised? Well, the population isn't there?

Will this collectors edition BIG box be valuable one day? Electronic Arts games don't show much promise. I'm not buying from them again. I feel as though I should have sold it when it was popular. Electronic Arts seems to be a garbage publisher these days?

So, Anyways, is there a good server to play on that isn't dead?

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309 ...better place to ask perhaps? I can tell just by looking here what servers are more active than others. I doubt you will get enough of a concensus here to actually forumulate any fact.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Good grief don't send anyone to the official forums, not for this game. Good game, terrible forums. Better to let them get pummeled here.

As for servers being down/offline, they have been having troubles with that lately. I myself think it will pass once holiday period is really over next week.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    You could look here too. http://www.torstatus.net/

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

He is looking for an active server to transfer to, you don't think going to the server forums of the actual game would be a better indicator than a site where 2 or 3 people might reply. Hell I can tell you which servers are active just by looking at the forums, no need to ask the question.

Ironically you did not even attempt to answer his question lol.

Edit: Either way the site dude above me just posted is all he needed.

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Galia
    I had such hopes for this game. I am the unfortunate owner of a collectors edition. I came back to this game after a years .. hiatus .. vacation .. and it's dead. Dead silence is what I see. Empty "worlds", everyone already knew the zones were small, so I shouldn't be surprised? Well, the population isn't there? Will this collectors edition BIG box be valuable one day? Electronic Arts games don't show much promise. I'm not buying from them again. I feel as though I should have sold it when it was popular. Electronic Arts seems to be a garbage publisher these days? So, Anyways, is there a good server to play on that isn't dead?

Hmm you would think if this was a real post he would have put what server he is on.  This is clearly nothing more than an attempt to bash a video game he doesn't probably play and bash a dev he doesn't like.  

Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    I had such hopes for this game. I am the unfortunate owner of a collectors edition. I came back to this game after a years .. hiatus .. vacation .. and it's dead. Dead silence is what I see. Empty "worlds", everyone already knew the zones were small, so I shouldn't be surprised? Well, the population isn't there? Will this collectors edition BIG box be valuable one day? Electronic Arts games don't show much promise. I'm not buying from them again. I feel as though I should have sold it when it was popular. Electronic Arts seems to be a garbage publisher these days? So, Anyways, is there a good server to play on that isn't dead?

Hmm you would think if this was a real post he would have put what server he is on.  This is clearly nothing more than an attempt to bash a video game he doesn't probably play and bash a dev he doesn't like.  

"Clearly"? About as clear as your trolling attempt here maybe?

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    It's not your server that's dead it's your game.
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Viper482

And as clear as your flaming attempt.  

So so if you were going to QQ about a server you were on would you not state which server that was?  Or would you just QQ about how bad the DEVS are? 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    It's not your server that's dead it's your game.

Not to get sidetracked from the OPs question, but I don't think it's the game. I was playing quite a bit before WoD came out and the population and game are very healthy! http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/20/5920815/list-of-mmos-by-revenue-warcraft-old-republic

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Do you believe that mmorpg.com is the most appropriate place for the OP to bring this topic up? Something smells...

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

He is looking for an active server to transfer to, you don't think going to the server forums of the actual game would be a better indicator than a site where 2 or 3 people might reply. Hell I can tell you which servers are active just by looking at the forums, no need to ask the question.

Ironically you did not even attempt to answer his question lol.

Edit: Either way the site dude above me just posted is all he needed.

Yes he did. He did what I did not remember to do. I myself could never discern what servers are busy just from the forums so that idea did not cross my mind (nor would I trust any forums to guide me in such a manner).

Hopeful he finds the server he is looking for.

Originally posted by waynejr2

Do you believe that mmorpg.com is the most appropriate place for the OP to bring this topic up? Something smells...

I can tell you from personal experience with both this forum and the SWTOR official forums that he will get a better more accurate answer HERE.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Posting here about  TOR only brings out SWG groupies who hate it.   Game is not dead, someone posted TOR's earnings from last year and its hardly doing bad.

• RivolRivol Member UncommonPosts: 79

Harbinger is by far the most populous server. It has a high pop 24/7 as that is where all the Oceanic players are. I see people everywhere on all planets. However all the European servers are practically dead and I suspect most of their population now play on the NA servers.

Bioware have stated that server populations and queue times for group content will be a priority for 2015 and they will be implementing changes to address it. What that means is a hot topic of discussion on the swtor  forums, with most believing it will be either more server merges, cross server queues or a mega-server.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    I play on an EU server and its packed...how about stop spreading bullshit. That goes for everyone, OP included.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade
    Originally posted by waynejr2

I can tell you from personal experience with both this forum and the SWTOR official forums that he will get a better more accurate answer HERE.

Perhaps if the OP posted which server he was on we'd understand his circumstances a little better, though i suspect the reason he has not, is because he's afraid of being contradicted. For the record i only play on the EU servers, in particular Red Eclipse and The Progenitor, both of which are very active, even Freedon Nadd the PVP server is fairly active, although i can't say what the status is of the German and French servers, though i suspect the OP is not talking about any of those anyway. So if the OP is at all wishing to avoid being named a Troll, perhaps he should identify this mysterious and empty server he is on. I wouldn't hold my breath though on that one, image

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Rivol

Harbinger is by far the most populous server. It has a high pop 24/7 as that is where all the Oceanic players are. I see people everywhere on all planets. However all the European servers are practically dead and I suspect most of their population now play on the NA servers.

Bioware have stated that server populations and queue times for group content will be a priority for 2015 and they will be implementing changes to address it. What that means is a hot topic of discussion on the swtor  forums, with most believing it will be either more server merges, cross server queues or a mega-server.

Yeah, I suspect EU servers population is not that healthy. Acording to TOR Status, it's clear that are much more activity on the US servers. I play on The Progenitor (EU) and things are a bit slow lately. Maybe Ebon Hawke is different, I've never tried to play on the US servers, don't real know if the ping is a issue or not.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

Posting here about  TOR only brings out SWG groupies who hate it.   Game is not dead, someone posted TOR's earnings from last year and its hardly doing bad.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame 'SWG' groupies, as a SWG vet i seem to end up defending the game despite its 'cartoony' graphics, well there are worse examples in all fairness, and as a PVE storyline based  MMORPG SW;TOR does pretty well. image

Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

Yeah, I suspect EU servers population is not that healthy. Acording to TOR Status, it's clear that are much more activity on the US servers. I play on The Progenitor (EU) and things are a bit slow lately. Maybe Ebon Hawke is different, I've never tried to play on the US servers, don't real know if the ping is a issue or not.

Guy I've spoken to in England says he gets around 120ms to the NA servers east coast. Not brilliant but still much better than we poor Aussies who have to deal with 250ms ping.

It's a testimony to how good this game is that I can still compete in pvp with that latency.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    When I play I play on one of  two servers. Both usually have more than enough population with which to utilize/socialize. Of the two...The Ebon Hawk server seems busy most of the time. The Shadowlands also seems fine but seems to have dropped a bit as of late.

We used to use the fleets (both republic and imp) as a guide to see how busy and populated a server is but this is no longer a true reflection of server status. Since the launch of SoR a huge portion of the player base are now on the new planets, the other night there was 9 instances on Yavin4 alone.

Add to that strongholds and guildships the player base is more spread out than before. Me personally I use pvp warzone pops as a guide to population health. On Harbinger I never have to wait more than 3-4 minutes for a wz to pop in any level bracket, and I normally play in non peak times.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Troll thread - they closed most servers long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

There's a reason why he didn't give the name of his server.

Harbinger of Fools
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

This is from November 2014, before the launch of the xpac, december will probaly show us SWTOR on the top 10 or close to it.

http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-pc-games-november-2014-dragon-age-and-call-of-duty-debut-world-of-warcraft-resurgent/

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

Guy I've spoken to in England says he gets around 120ms to the NA servers east coast. Not brilliant but still much better than we poor Aussies who have to deal with 250ms ping.

It's a testimony to how good this game is that I can still compete in pvp with that latency.

120MS is nothing right now considering the server side lag the game is seeing these days.

It's so bad, I've been seeing a lot of mobs "adjusting " their position right in the middle of combat. Pisses me off when I stealth in behind on my Op for a Back stab opener only to find I was not really behind the mob at all. and had already taken a hit or 2.

Heh, in that regard it sure as hell has been feeling a lot like the old SWG.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

even if the game got shut down tommorow i still wouldn't regret my collectors edition....so yea....still wondering what server this person is on. also wondering if they are legit considering the context of their post.....

but anyway,if your on a PVP or RP server not surprised,even less surprised if your on one of those on the EU side.speculation is megaservers may be coming. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7879116#edit7879116