Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone seen the game of my life?

Kronus2908Kronus2908 Member Posts: 2

Hello. Thank you for sparing youre time.

So i have recently stopped playing a game that i have played for a year now, because i realized that it just wasnt the one for me. I have been looking all over the net for the game that i want but just cant find it or make my mind on it, so i have come to this sites fellow MMORPGers for assistance.

So these are the things that im looking for in an MMORPG:

1. CRAFTING THAT MATTERS!!! ---This is one of the most important things that i want in a game).
  2. Both decent PVP and PVE! ---The PVE doesnt have to be good it just cant be a one mouse buttun press, for example World of Warcrafts PVE grinding is good enough for me, but as for the PVP- there need to be questing areas in which you are in danger because of possible playyer ambushes.
  3. I love to roleplay! --- I want to be able to roleplay as i desire. Other players dont have to, but if i only have one straight road that i can make no choices on then its not a game for me, for example if the game says i cant be a criminal i throw it out the open window. Again it doesnt have to be perfect, but i would at least like the optionof choosing to be good/bad and a way to sell really good loot to other players, for example through an MPC or an auction house.
  4. Something that i can run. --- I tried Archeage and thats about as much as my PC could handle. Another example of this could be CS:GO although its not an RPG and my PC isnt actually dying from it.
  5. Housing.--- This point isnt obligatory, but it would be nice to have my own shack.
  6. Guilds/Really big groups of people with an actual chain of command.--- OBLIGATORY
  7. Resources that can be collected in the open world for crafting or consuming.
  8. A large world!--- I am looking for a game that will keep me going for at least the next year.
  9. Instanced PVE/PVP--- instanced PVP not obligatory.
  10. Good endgame content--- Huge PVE/PVP instances for example.
  11. Lastly-Random world events!!!--- a really good example of what i mean are the random rifts in Rift and world bosses in many games.
That concludes my wishlist. If you have any suggestions of games for me then please let me know. Again i thank you for youre time and i wish you happy holidays!!!

Kristaps Feldmans

Comments

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Elder Scrolls Online is pretty close to the list.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Nothing will have everything on your list.

But you put "crafting that matters" in capital letters at the top of your list.

For that reason I will suggest Fallen Earth once again.  Completely free to try and one of the most underated games out there IMO.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

SWTOR has everything but the world events and huge pvp raids that I know of.

GW2 has just about all of that except maybe the roleplay thing.  But it might have it I just don't remember.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

The Repopulation pretty much hits everything on that list; check it out.

It is currently in Alpha and I think Beta starts Februaryish.

It is an indy game, tried very early beta thus far and it looks promising.

Check out their website and then again in a year when it gets released.

It is FTP with "one time buy ins" for things like guild creation and such.

And a probably cosmetic only cash shop.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

ESO and SWTOR would be my two suggestions. Both have interactive storylines where you get to make dialogue choices and affect the outcome. (And SWTOR even has alignments to go with it, along with more neutral, opportunist choices that don't affect your alignment one way or the other)

Both have fun crafting systems as well. ESO probably wins in the PvP area, since SWTOR's mostly about Warzones (battlegrounds) - which are quite excellent, but not really what you're looking for. ESO has quests in PvP areas and large scale PvP.

Edit: SWTOR has the advantage in housing though, as it has some, both for individual players and guilds, which ESO currently lacks.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KattycakeKattycake Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by darkbladed

I agree! Check out Repopulation, they have Early Access on Steam right now. 

I love everything you described, OP, that is what I am looking for and I came across Repopulation. Saving up for beta next week!

xoxo

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Kattycake
    Originally posted by darkbladed

I agree! Check out Repopulation, they have Early Access on Steam right now. 

I love everything you described, OP, that is what I am looking for and I came across Repopulation. Saving up for beta next week!

If it was free i would agree, but i would never recommend anyone paying to try out a game that isn't even in Beta yet when there is really no indication that they will even like the game.  There are more than enough games out there already that the OP can try for free before risking any money on something that may well turn out to be a lemon.image

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Have you tried EVE?

• Kronus2908Kronus2908 Member Posts: 2

I have just returned from my small trip, so now i actually have time to reply. I am new to posting so i really hope that im doing it as youre suppost to. Anyway i have had a look at most of the games suggested to me and i thank everyone for taking their time to help me.

I have had a small look at repopulation but will propablly hold off untill the game gets some more polish. Also im saving up money for a new computer, so if im going to buy something id really prefer a free trial first as i assume many people would.

With that said i have also looked at ESO and its really tempting, but again its not just a 10euro game and it doesnt have a free trial so i will be holding off of it for a while.

Next up theirs Guild Wars 2. I dont own it, but from what i have looked up(here comes purelly my personal opinion) its good. I really do think its good, but its not great. At least not for me. I dig every single thing that it has, but from what i can see it just doesnt stand out to me. But exept for that it has everything that it should have, it does it all perfectly(in my opinion) , but it just doesnt make me jump up and say ''this could really be the one''.

What did however make me say it was Final Fantasy 14. I had a quick peak at it during my trip. My friend that i was staying at had it. I saw him doing PVP and it was just so colurful. Then i asked him to show me the crafting and it really had that feel to it. Thats about all the computer stuff i had time for aside from checking the forums once a day.

Now for Fallen Earth. I had a look at it, but it just wasnt too apealing to me, so i crossed it out of my imaginary candidate list.

I will have a look at EVE later this evening(its currently 20:40 as im writing this) and will hopefully post my toughts on it tomorow.

Now that i have gotten back from my short trip i definatlly want to start browsing the forums a little more and post on other threads aswell.

Kristaps Feldmans

• LordArcaneLordArcane Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Ashen Empires fits every quality there, except a bit of the Guild one. There are a lot of guilds with ranks and such, but the only thing ranks can allow you to do more than other members in the guild at a lower rank would be opening some doors or Vaults in the Guild house. Other then that, Ashen fits all points mentioned!!!
  • Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Aside from housing, ESO definitely fits the list.

OP, if you contact ZOS they will give you a few free days to try it out.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Shroud of The Avatar may be what you're looking for once it's finished. At the moment it's in Pre-Alpha.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot