Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Great MMO Face Off Winners Announced

Comments

• CeicamasterCeicamaster Member Posts: 2
    ESO ftw
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by Distopia

Personally, I can't understand what any of those games have to offer over the games that I like to play.

IMO, I think the games that I like should have been the winner.

From my perspective, there must be some sort of error in the process, or misjudgment in protocol that would cause things to proceed in a manner contrary to my preference because the games that I like are clearly superior. 

The majority of people would follow the same sentiment as I do.  

No I believe I have the superior sentiment here.

Thank you for proving my point.

Sarcasm.... lost on you?

my original point lost on you?

Not at all hence my reply, IE running with the joke...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Personally, I can't understand what any of those games have to offer over the games that I like to play.

IMO, I think the games that I like should have been the winner.

From my perspective, there must be some sort of error in the process, or misjudgment in protocol that would cause things to proceed in a manner contrary to my preference because the games that I like are clearly superior. 

The majority of people would follow the same sentiment as I do.  

No I believe I have the superior sentiment here.

Thank you for proving my point.

Sarcasm.... lost on you?

my original point lost on you?

Not at all hence my reply, IE running with the joke...

In which I thank you, for proving my point...       ...wait a second, did we just divide by zero or something?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by immodium

And you apparently. I think eye was being sarcastic to begin with.

Again his sarcasm was pretty obvious to me, very few are that blatantly egotistical. I just tried to carry on the joke, but apparently we only have room for one joke at a time here...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I'm waiting for my copy from Amazon but this result has no bearing on whether people will stay in a game. They might try it but you still need to impress them enough to sub. Added publicity is always good.
    Chamber of Chains
  • atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

Posters crying foul at a subjective contest because it does not match with their personal views, pretty funny stuff. 

I can always count on this site to have people with popcorn level narcissism. It was a fun series of head to head polls which ultimately means very little. TSW, LOTR, and ESO will not suddenly get a 20% population boost over this or really any meaningful boost. 

I say good job MMORPG for having a bit of fun. All of the games in the contest have their merits and the winners have had some strong support on this site. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by atziluth

TSW, LOTR, and ESO will not suddenly get a 20% population boost over this or really any meaningful boost. 

Oh, I dunno, for at least two out of those three wouldn't the increase of three or four players they could expect from the publicity be at least a 20% population boost :)?

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    When you read the ESO forum post dedicated to this poll its amazing how many of them said I didn't even know  mmorpg.com existed. Followed by, I doubt I will be going back. Oh well, back to fishing.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Great and gratz to the 3 top winners. Now I have to go try TSW.

Thanks MMORPG for the awesome contest.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I view The Secret World as the winner based solely on the fact that TSW's community didn't have to play dirty and create lies to try and hurt the competition's reputation, like the Elder Scrolls Online's community did.

Smile

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Congrats to all the winners.  :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by Razeekster
    I view The Secret World as the winner based solely on the fact that TSW's community didn't have to play dirty and create lies to try and hurt the competition's reputation, like the Elder Scrolls Online's community did.

Create lies? by that what do you mean?

• ElfoDementeElfoDemente Member Posts: 2
    Finally =D!! Gratz to ESO, i'm loving the game and i recommend it to every MMo lover, it becomes better with every update and it deserves a try i promise, see you in Tamriel :)!
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

congratz to ESO players who vote for their game

I am glad ,TSW is  on winners list ,I am vote for TSW against EVE,both are main favorites games , EVE is best and there is nothing what can replace this game in genre for long time , but TSW has some magic ,it is jewel in mmo genre.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I don't see the need for all the negativity. ESO's community got out there and voted, and of course some simply joined the community to vote, it probably means many will stay too and become part of the community. I joined mmorpg awhile back because ZOS shared an article that was written here.

Congrats to ESO for winning, but more importantly, congrats to ZOS for being able to turn ESO around at a quick rate. There's still a lot of negative stigma around the game, but more and more it seems to fade and people see it as the solid mmo it is. 

• AlchuriAlchuri Member Posts: 4

• GreymarchGreymarch Member Posts: 12
    This is almost as salty as a WoW PVP server forum!
  • JakkGrimmJakkGrimm Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Personally I don't care who won or didn't win, I play what I play and like what I like. All of you should do the same.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by DMKano

What really happened

1. Poll allowed votes from brand new accounts -  and unlimited account creation from a single IP - check

2. Poll greatly benefited MMORPG.COM with getting more accounts and traffic - check

3. Game companies that needed the publicity let their playerbase known to go and vote - check

Can we see results that exclude all votes from accounts created in the last month?

Would the result really be all that different? we're talking about a year old game vs a 7 year old one. I'm actually surprised more people aren't bent out of shape about TSW beating EVE, as EVE is the poster child for sandbox MMOs... or as many here like to say "real MMOs"

Meh, we who play EVE know that most folks don't care for "real MMO's" anymore, and we're pretty smug in our superiority. image

But EVE is hardly the poster child for sandbox MMO's, it caters a very small niche of people of a certain taste, would be interesting to see a full blown fantasy sand box MMO again one day.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlchuriAlchuri Member Posts: 4

I'm sorry. I tried to quote the very first poster. But as I'm new here, I'm not very good at quoting and editing. So I'll just post what I wrote. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Why would you want to erase my vote? I didn't want to make an account and found it troublesome, but I love the game ESO so much that I made an effort to cast a vote. Just one vote. I am an honest person. And to be even more honest, I find your effort to tarnish the results very poor sportsmanship. ESO is a fantastic game and deserves the win. Congratulations to the other games that also won! Well done!

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Zarf42
    Originally posted by DMKano

What really happened

1. Poll allowed votes from brand new accounts -  and unlimited account creation from a single IP - check

2. Poll greatly benefited MMORPG.COM with getting more accounts and traffic - check

3. Game companies that needed the publicity let their playerbase known to go and vote - check

Can we see results that exclude all votes from accounts created in the last month?

#1 Who cares anyways

#2 Always gotta be right

#4 Lists are always good

#6 ???

#9 Profit

Aaaanyway.. Grats to ESO!  Many of us were rallying the community to vote and it paid off.  The vote prior to this one was way too close for comfort.

To all the bitter, "This doesn't matter because stuff", people.. Lighten the Fup for baby jeebus.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

This whole thing was ridiculous in the first place.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Alchuri

Why would you want to erase my vote? I didn't want to make an account and found it troublesome, but I love the game ESO so much that I made an effort to cast a vote. Just one vote. I am an honest person. And to be even more honest, I find your effort to tarnish the results very poor sportsmanship. ESO is a fantastic game and deserves the win. Congratulations to the other games that also won! Well done!

Well I see both you points though. I think what is buggering him and a lot of people is that something like this should be considered a community award. However if people just join to vote and then never come back, they are not really part of the community, making the reward pretty much useless. Because now it's not the MMORPG.com community award, but the community award of the game who has the most willing community.  

It would be a shame if your community can not relate to the results. Do not get me wrong, not saying this is true at all. I personally almost agree with the list (lotro, GW2, SW and ESO. Would be my top 4)  

• lemure77lemure77 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    ESO > ALL   :D
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    ESO should win.  If you haven't played recently then you have no idea what you're missing.  A lot things have changed and ZOS is one of the best studios I've ever seen.  You can put suggestions and or problems up on the forums or even ingame and you get a quick response.  Several changes to the game came from player suggestions.  In update 1.6 and 1.7 a ton of things will be changing.  Every major patch (with content) seems to come out every 4-6 weeks (except 1.6, because it's so big).