Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online open Beta in 10 days

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

"Beta" is not something subjective ("a matter of opinion") but something objective. It means a program/game that is being tested and possibly improved until it reaches its "Release".

And then, Open/Closed refers to that thing, the Beta. So "Open Beta"  is supposed to mean that you want as much as possible players testing your software, which in turn is supposed to mean that there is no barrier at all -monetary or otherwise- for all these willing players to actually participate. So using the term "Open beta" for something that you have to pay, is a misuse of the term, it's misleading.

• Gregor999Gregor999 Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by caldeathe
    Originally posted by furbans

An open beta would insinuate that A.  It's open to anyone and B. there is no monthly fees both of which are not true.  Open Beta is a huge misrepresentation of the actual situation.

You have to pay access, you have to pay a montly fee (at least last time I read on this matter),  Early Enrollment is still more of an alpha than a beta as many features are not even tested yet nor incorperated.

I consider it open because anyone can participate if they are willing to pay. To me a closed beta means you can't get in unless you're invited.

You are so far gone mate. So if beta costs $10,000 dollars it's considered open beta to you? lmao

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    This Topic Title is misleading..this game was never in open-beta....:( man i am using to much money on all these access games! i have cash but..man am i feeling stupid..i join for 48 hrs..and leave..find a new one pay 50 buck..48rs and gone..if i just could donate 100K to poject gorgon to be finished..man i would be playing that for ever!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

Have you ever actually logged onto Project:Gorgon? It's literally one of the worst games I've ever played, even considering early development. Play Project 1999 because Project Gorgon will never even approach classic EQ.

It can't just be a sandbox to succeed, it has to be better then previous sandboxes and at the moment it's light years away from that achievement.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I do not agree my friend. If you look at crafting and considering the fact that is soo early. This gsme looks more polished then any AAA mmo outhere! My 2 cents!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• xybervirusxybervirus Member UncommonPosts: 18

Interested in trying this game, but cannot shell out more money for early-access games..at least not without trying them, been burned too many times now...

Are there still alpha access keys or anything like that given out ever? Will I manage to get access without paying first if I wait a bit or look hard enough?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by olepi

As a software developer, alpha and beta have specific meanings. Let's review the flow:

- requirements doc, describing what the game does

- implementation plan, describing how you will implement the requirements

- unit test, where different parts of the game are tested independently from each other

- alpha test, all the units are assembled, but probably won't work, lots of bugs expected

- beta test, where all of the parts are tested, assembled, and should mostly work

- release, all parts are tested and seem to work together well enough to release to the public.

So where does this game fall? To be a beta, it needs to have all systems in place, all tested and working, with all parts assembled into a whole that has passed alpha test.

Being a game developer, today things have changed, and you should know this...if you are a software developer.  Things are different we have early releases, and a lot of them are not even close to Alpha or a beta.  So today they use different words, that can be anything.. Do I agree with it being a developer no..

But does it help indies that would of never made it before, people today bash indies for asking for money but they aren't for free, people still get rewards, but with out doing it these ways, people would be stuck with WOW and WOW clones..Nothing more so people who are cheap need to stop bitching about these company's/!!

I don't agree with the pricing for this game at all, I feel they are a bit greedy as well, or need another method but this shows that they need to hire someone better to handle there cash.and marketing. just my opinion.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

If anyone has an extra invite, I'd love to try this out.

If they had a $25 option I'd be in there right away.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I hope the very best for this game, but wow. Paying for something as-if it was in some kind of finished state when it's by their own admission not. When it's a alpha lacking so much of what they themselves want for just launch. Not including wish-list for later. This genre... well I say no more. Maybe someday there'll actually be something running again I'll actually think is worth playing.