Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get the DLC's or not?

I'm new to Eve. It seems pretty sweet. I have a question though, on Steam all the DLC's are 50% off right now. Should I get them? Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• therdretherdre Member UncommonPosts: 50
    If you are brand new they are worth it, although from what I've heard theres trouble multiboxing with a steam client (something almost every eve player does eventually) so just keep that in mind
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    There is no DLC in Eve. Those are starter packs, and they are not worth it. You get many of the things you get from those packs for free by doing the tutorials and career agent missions for free. And don't create a Steam account with Eve. You are asking for trouble with a 2nd point of failure.
  • Polymorphism40Polymorphism40 Member Posts: 3
    Too late! I already got Eve on Steam and got one month membership. :(
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Can't fathom why people buy games on Steam if it is at all possible to avoid it.

Maybe there is still time to get a refund.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Polymorphism40Polymorphism40 Member Posts: 3
    I played Eve on Steam before (twice) and all seemed good. What problems are there?
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    EVE never had DLCs..

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135
    You might know them as starter packs
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Can't fathom why people buy games on Steam if it is at all possible to avoid it.

Maybe there is still time to get a refund.

Because steam is an awesome platform with tons of games all in the same place for great prices.. I cant fathom why people would not use it haha..

anyway to the OP the starter packs there are decent enough and not that expensive..

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    You can multibox with steam and if you don't like it, just download the run the game without steam.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')