Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any cities in this game?

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
Are there any cities in this game?  I have only played about 3-4 hours, but I have tooled around the map and I cannot seem to find a city.  Is there one?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Not so much as in other games. There are many teleport spots with assorted vendors at them, a few of which you may find some folks who hang out there while not hunting.

Sadly the social aspects of this game, by design, are very poorly done, even trying to chat in an area or zone or even to a known friend is difficult vs other games where its very simple to chat.  The entire chat system has been redone twice since alpha testing and still lacks any usefulness .  You'd thought trion would have copy/pasted the chat system they have in Rift or something else thats already proven to work but they never have.  We who play, have been asking for a decent in game chat system since alpha testing.

Its a lot like playing a solo game with some multiplayer activities.  I loved the game in alpha testing. It was still ok at launch, but not as fun. and lack of communication in game, lack of new content, existing content changed poorly, made most of the veteran players , and in fact most players in general, stop playing. Very few still play that have been there since launch. With some of the most recent changes, they have made it better but no where near as fun as testing/launch time.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I think this game needs a city, shops, auction house, and crafting.  The game is kind of fun, but there just does not seem to be much to do.  I stopped doing the quests once I got the roller and think I could have fun running around and just making my own story.  Just not enough to do though.

I wonder if they will add more to the game.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

It was really designed with a console mindset.  A ton of the UI for PC was still being developed right up to (and through) launch.  I enjoyed the story bits, but once you get through the main story, and the episode lines, it settles into to being an open area shooter.   You hunt for that magic weapon with the right stats for you. 

Not sure how much they will continue significant development/additions.  Probably depends on the TV show's success.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• CypruskaCypruska Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by krondin

Not so much as in other games. There are many teleport spots with assorted vendors at them, a few of which you may find some folks who hang out there while not hunting.

Sadly the social aspects of this game, by design, are very poorly done, even trying to chat in an area or zone or even to a known friend is difficult vs other games where its very simple to chat.  The entire chat system has been redone twice since alpha testing and still lacks any usefulness .  You'd thought trion would have copy/pasted the chat system they have in Rift or something else thats already proven to work but they never have.  We who play, have been asking for a decent in game chat system since alpha testing.

Its a lot like playing a solo game with some multiplayer activities.  I loved the game in alpha testing. It was still ok at launch, but not as fun. and lack of communication in game, lack of new content, existing content changed poorly, made most of the veteran players , and in fact most players in general, stop playing. Very few still play that have been there since launch. With some of the most recent changes, they have made it better but no where near as fun as testing/launch time.

I hear you, man.

I played this game. I liked it very much, but then I started realizing that is highly repetitive, and it lacks the new content. The crossing between show and game made a different appeal for the players, or maybe just for me, but it got stucked.

I hope they bring one million free DLCs and start paying more attention to the players.

PD: Still no confortable meanings of communication with the other players. They just pass you by, 'cause they don't read or hear you, it gets pretty lonely.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    no cities just small mini hubs.

I wonder what they did in the past years ....

not much obviously