Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC unauthorized charge

This AM, Age of Conan charged my debit card $35.99. I am not currently playing AoC and did not authorize the transaction. I did charge items to the card for AoC in the past(more than 3 months ago). If Funcon has your CC number, I would check on this.

Comments

• seldomseen13seldomseen13 Member Posts: 16
    Funcom also tried to charge me the same amount 12/29, so Funcom has been hitting my account with unauthorized charges every 3 months, on the 29th. Other players please check your records and dont let these thieves steal from you.
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    You need to un-tick the box in your account that clearly states "recurring subscription".
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

That's why you use paypal for subs. If you forget to unsub you can always charge back.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Funcom has a history of shady business with the sub department, they advertised a limited time fee for a 6 month sub for me and after the limited time fee they auto charged me the standard 6 month fee as if it's ok to have a limited time offer transfer into a recurring standard fee.  I eventually got my account back after disputing that because a support GM agreed that the wording was incorrect on the ad.  But that took a lot of emails to make happen and I just so happened to notice the fee a day (according to their time zone) after I could cancel the fee with no hassle, the most annoying part was the fact that I had years worth of subs to the game prior to that yet they gave me a hard time knowing I didn't even login during the period they charged me.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

YA i remember them trying to charge me as well so i totally removed my CC number from the game.I have used as mentioned  by another poster Paypal on most occasions.

BTW i did cancel my subscription when it happened to me,i even had confirmation it was cancelled so they definitely have something wrong with their system,well no the system with whomever is in charge of accounts.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.