Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Trials of Ascension: This Game is in No Way Small

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This past weekend the crew behind Trials of Ascension did a live AMA where they covered a lot of information that hasn’t previously been discussed. While the AMA was being streamed, it felt more like a developer play session that it did an AMA. The reason I say this is because the developers talked among themselves more than to the audience. But that’s not a bad thing.  As the discussion progressed they delved deeper into topics at hand, instead of providing simple short and concise answers. 

Read more of Ryan Getchell's Trials of Ascension: This Game is in No Way Small.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    technically Horizons has dragons as a playable race so not quite true but still the game sounds interesting
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Trials of Ascension News - This Game is in No Way Ever Releasing

Joined - July 2004

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    ^^ there we go - love some good Ole fashion sarcasm. Nice one. I kind of want to give it a go Trials of Ascension - Not going to be a small release ever
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I've been following this game for a decade. I stand by my original post. 

Joined - July 2004

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    "cough" vapoware *cough"
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    lol first entry is 10 years old...rofl
  • BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I'm surprised only a few things were mentioned in this article. No talk of the permadeath? It's REALLY not a good idea to travel alone. I frigging love how Forged Chaos said they'd be doing permadeath.

That said, while I'm excited for the game due to what the designers have envisioned, I can't shake the feeling that it's vaporware...

I'd rather put my hopes into Gloria Victus or Project Gorgon
  • LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Yeah...while I can suspend my desire for neat graphics and stuff like that...I'm not feeling a lot of confidence for this game.
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

I used to be pretty hyped about this game...when they first started to work on it back in 2004.

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by remyburke
    I've been following this game for a decade. I stand by my original post. 

If you followed it for 10 years, then you know why they dropped development when they had a publisher.

Now they have no publisher and are working on a real tech demo for the Kickstarter reboot.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314
    The room permissions idea sounds like it would allow for an inn to be run.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Yeah - I saw that and sent a letter out as soon as possible.
  • ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by ITPalg

That is not only correct but you can apply that to any type of business. A pub, inn, smith, etc

awesome article ryan!

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Really funny because I felt like the game looked to be about 10 years old. Not because it's supposed to either but because it honestly feels 10 years old.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

mmorpgs take a very long time to deveop and even longer if you are a small company with limited resources.

Look at Darkfall that first started development prob 2000/2001 and did not release until 2009..

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Originally posted by Choch
    Originally posted by ITPalg

That is not only correct but you can apply that to any type of business. A pub, inn, smith, etc

awesome article ryan!

ToA has some really interesting design ideas that all seem to lead to open Sandbox game play and allowing players to do things that are "worldly". I've been following the game for a few months and this seems to be in everything they do. 

Once upon a time....

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    Originally posted by Troveaholic
    Really funny because I felt like the game looked to be about 10 years old. Not because it's supposed to either but because it honestly feels 10 years old.

What are you basing that on?

If it's the art, it's really early to make that judgement.

If it's the design, then it's about time someone gets back to making worlds.

Once upon a time....