Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering resub, map/area question

Considering checking it out again. Made it to 30ish on my Daggerfall character and stopped mostly, if not to say completely, after coming to the 3rd zone of the exact same look. Glenumbra, the 2nd zone, then the one after the desert. I just couldn't stomach more of the same after I had just got a breath of fresh air from the desert.

I have no problem starting over on a  new character, may even prefer to since I left within a month of release. So my question is:

Which faction would you say offers the most diverisity in their leveling, zone wise?

Regards

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Considering checking it out again. Made it to 30ish on my Daggerfall character and stopped mostly, if not to say completely, after coming to the 3rd zone of the exact same look. Glenumbra, the 2nd zone, then the one after the desert. I just couldn't stomach more of the same after I had just got a breath of fresh air from the desert.

I have no problem starting over on a  new character, may even prefer to since I left within a month of release. So my question is:

Which faction would you say offers the most diverisity in their leveling, zone wise?

Regards

Weird I thought many of the zones had quite a unique feel to them and usually they were fairly detailed for an mmo.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Regards

For my money it's EP. It has the Volcanic Ashlands of Stonefalls, the pleasant Temperate Woods of Deshaan, the Swampy swampland of Shadowfen, then you go to Eastmarch with its snowy Tundra and then the Rift which is GORGEOUS autumnal forest.

AD's first zone is pretty nice, Auridon is like a tropical island dotted with pink trees but then after that it is three zones of endless GREEEEEEEEEN TREEEEEEEEEEEES. The last AD zone is OK for the most part, kinda like a rocky Savannah, almost desert.

DC is just dull from the get go, two zones of bog standard yawn-inducing English countryside followed by a craggy shithole known as Rivenspire and then, the 4th zone is cool IF you like deserts, which I do (Alik'r) but then you go back to a half-desert half-boring green countryside in Bangkorai.

I saw somebody on another forum once say that they thought AD was designed to cater to LOTR fans, DC was catering to GoT/ASOIAF fans but if you were an Elder Scrolls fan, EP was the place to be.  I gotta say having played through all the zones, I gotta agree.

Then again, if you level through vet ranks you'll get to see all the zones anyway so it doesn't REALLY matter.