Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Gorgon: Steam Greenlight Initiative a Success!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Project Gorgon team has let us know that the game's Steam Greenlight Initiative has met with rousing success and is already on the 'approved' list. With the successful completion of the Greenlight campaign, the team can concentrate on getting a timeline together and shaping up the game client "Steam Ready".

Check out the Project Gorgon Steam page for more information and to participate in the conversation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

AWESOME!

Love playing this game.  Best Gaming content since pre 2000 !

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Good, Good~!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Thank goodness - I feel like this is the greatest game since 1999.
  • CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    This game looks like it was made in 1998!
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Combspe

And yet more enjoyable than games made in 2014!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Really enjoyable game .. grats to the PG team ... looking forward to more updates
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    I actually didn't regret installing this game. Kicking stuff is fun.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    I will support this game if they offer some way to fund them.

.. Same here waiting for them to set that up .. they deserve it...

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Really good game, hope they keep up the good work.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Lot of potential with this game. Lots.

I can see past the graphics as long as the gameplay rocks.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838

1998 B.C. maybe. 

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    niiiiiiice, y'all remind me to play this game 6 months after release k thnks talk 2 ya later
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    edited April 2016

Removed my post.  I've had a change of heart and I apologize for my comments.  I would encourage anyone that is vaguely interested in this game to play it and if you do... then you will love it.

Ratero.

Post edited by Ratero on

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

I remember seeing Trove announced and I thought how horrible it looked. The graphics cards in my rig cost almost 2k by themselves. So why would I play a game with graphics my old Nintendo could run? I tried it anyway even though I consider myself a graphics person and I hated Minecraft. So there is no way I would like Trove. I was completely convinced.

You guessed it! It's one of my favorite games now. I learned my lesson and will be investing in this title. I hope they do well. It's amazing for sure with a ton of potential. Would love to support them directly.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    i just cant play games anymore where the combat doesnt "bam" me...it just gets to tedious - the only thing that keeps me going is fluid responsive impactful and dynamic combat with great animations - everything else gets me bored as f after a very short while...
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    That's great news I might start it up full time when it gets bigger. I half expected it to get shut down but I seem to be hearing more and more good things about it. Might pick up where I left off if the characters don't get wiped.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Ikonis

Exactly!

Much more enjoyable!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Ratero

I stopped playing right after the Halloween event.  I felt the community fell apart and it was no longer the game I enjoyed playing.  I may log in again but I will do so with a different character name and account and I'll just keep to myself and not be so helpful like I was in the past.  This is a great old school type game and well worth playing.

Ratero

Because the game is free. Free games always attracks a-holes.

Hopefully when the Steam Client is ready they will force everyone to pay through steam.

That will hopefully weed out some idiots.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Yes! Great news for Gorgon! 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Thats great to hear, I voted for them.

Sorry to hear about Ratero though.   I haven't played for a while and the community seemed pretty good when I left.  Might have to drop in and check it out.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by deniter

Exactly!

Much more enjoyable!

What makes it so? What makes it special?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• nellafurtadonellafurtado Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Awesome news!!! Great job!! I love this game :)
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    The features sound amazing and I wish em all the best, but good/decent graphics have become something I demand from the mmo's I play these days. You see plenty of indie devs putting forth much higher graphic qualities than this, so it isn't just AAA titles.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by deniter

Exactly!

Much more enjoyable!

What makes it so? What makes it special?

No one is holding my hand and pointing the direction i'm supposed to go, i can find it by myself and decide what to do next. There's no sparkling objects on the ground that scream 'click me!' and no yellow dots on my minimap or arrows in the center of the screen telling me 'your objective is in this way'.

Games made in 2014 are like having a guided tour in North Korea.. Everything is gorgeous as long as you stay next to the yellow line painted on the ground, don't ask any questions, and do as you're told to. One side step and the whole illusion is broken.

The old school games were like a survival trip to jungle. You were dropped from a helicopter to the middle of nowhere with only your underwear and a pocket knife. From there you started the long journey with a high possibility you might not make it to the end.

Some people like to have guided tours. They will queue in a line waiting for their ride to pop, step in and take pictures to show for their family. Others enjoy something more dangerous and more extreme, especially when they have already been on a guided tour and seen what it is like.

Now, this time the helicopter is a piece of junk that barely flies, and the jungle is the size of Central Park in NY, but this is the best you can have if you're not interested in guided tours, since most of the jungles are now paved with highways and intersections are littered with kiosks selling souveniers and cold drinks.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    At the risk of getting banned let me be the first to say:  HELL-F*CKING-YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Finally nice to see the Old School PvE centric Sandbox get some loving!  Especially from some of the original Development Team that worked on my beloved Asheron's Call.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!