Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Low Spec MMOs

ThorqThorq Member Posts: 4

First let me start of by saying; thank you for the help. I am currently running a Nextbook 10.1. I understand this is not, by any means, meant for gaming. But I was hoping to find something to pass the time and scratch my itch for a MMO.

My specs:

Intel Atom CPU 1.3GHz x4

1GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

481MB

I am looking for just about anything but a few criteria I have are:

Free to Play (Not Pay to Win)

PvP

That's pretty much it. Thank you!

Comments

• ThorqThorq Member Posts: 4
    C'mon folks... I need help.
  • goldenmoogoldenmoo Member Posts: 5

best i can think of is a flash mmo caled relm of the mad god

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Can try your luck with asheron call buy to play now.

https://www.asheronscall.com/en

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I think Asherons call might be your best option. It's very old and clunky, has a very low population, but it is free after the $10 box price and has a pvp server.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Runescape might be right up your alley.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ya i think being free leaves you limited options.Runescape sounds like an option,i can't handle it personally as the controls are off beat for me.

Silkroad used to be the easy to play free mmo but not sure many people play it anymore and it has changed a lot.

Actually Runes of Magic is a decent game that you can play totally for free if just running the quest pattern.However it is a big pay to play if you want the best gear and to run the toughest content.

I can't think of anything else that can run on a very slow system and is free.

Actually there is some other games,i am stumbling to think..oh yes they are run by Aeria games.They again have a cash shop but you can dabble most of the games totally for free.They have 2 or 3 decent playable games under their stable.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Runescape

Maplestory

Wakfu

Dofus

PoE

Rising Generals

Realm of the Mad God

Albion Online

Lineage

Asherons Call

RPGWO Online

Euotopia Online

Atlantica Online

Fiesta Online

R.O.S.E Online

Legends of Eda

Spirit Tales

Eden Eternal

Ragnarok Online

Mabinogi

Type any of them into Google for more info. None of them cost anything and can run on a toaster.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Hmm, DDO should work on it even if you had to put graphics down. 

Another option would be Guildwars (1), it do still cost a few bucks initially to get the box but with no real itemshop (unless something very wrong have happened) and no monthly fees it is totally worth it. It have very low requirements and still looks pretty fine.

I guess you do know that you should get something slightly better when you can afford it, a 3 year old desk or laptop cost very little and have a lot more kick unless you get something that really was bottom of the line back then.

This link should be helpful: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri, it shows if you can run a game or not.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Endless Online (or private servers)

RPG MO

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Knight Online World

If you choose this one you need to get on Europa server to find any english speaking players.

• NuzanNuzan Member UncommonPosts: 33

Ryzom

(www.ryzom.com)

3D fantasy game, with subscription but trial without time limit,

runs on older computers quite well too.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

Project 1999

Neverwinter Nights 1 private servers

Final Fantasy XI

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    EverQuest (1)? Not sure though... Atom is a real low-end CPU...
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Atom processors and their integrated GPUs are barely able to handle Flash graphics (or YouTube) in a browser.  Your PC basically limits you to playing browser-based MMOs with no animated graphics.  Moderns cell phones have more processing power, better graphics, and more RAM than your system.
  • ThorqThorq Member Posts: 4
    Thank you all! I will give these suggestions a shot.