Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a new mmorpg for my old pc

idrissa22idrissa22 Member Posts: 2

HI

im looking for a mmorpg for my old pc,

my specs are

ATI readon x1200 series

AMD Athlon (TM) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+

2,50 GHz

1,75 GB ram

win xp service pack 3

Games I played without a problem are Metin 2 Wow and aion  tried terra but it stopped  patching at 95%.

Rift was the grafik so bad for me so i stopped, rappelz didn´t start just a window  popped up with i need vga shadow version 3.

And no i don´t like games with extrem cute charas or star wars /trek.

I tried searching the forum but found nothing for my pc.

Thank you and sorry for my bad gramma and english

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    That hardware is so old it won't play anything new or modern.  Look for browser-based games or play very low graphics games like Runescape.
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Guild Wars.
  • NuzanNuzan Member UncommonPosts: 33

I loved to play Ryzom on my old Windows XP SP 3 with 1,2 GHz Processor and some onboard graphic device. (don't know the technical details anymore, sry).

Ryzom is a 3d mmorpg, although a bit dated is has beautiful graphics, western style (no anime look)

interesting fantasy setting,

trial without time limit, cheap subscription, native linux and mac client too, friendly support and helpful community

some hundred active players from all over the world

www.ryzom.com

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by idrissa22.

Rift was the grafik so bad for me so i stopped, rappelz didn´t start just a window  popped up with i need vga shadow version 3.

Yeah, it means your graphical card is incapable of shader 3.0 and above. You'll encounter that error with a lot of MMOs (and games in general).

As mentioned above, you're only course of action is pretty much to look for old games.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Project 1999 by a mile
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    try istaria
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Holy shit man. Does the thing still work? :D

My old X2 3500+ could run Lord of the Rings online back in the days. But I fear that these days there's little you can play on it though. Most MMOs (and games in general) have ditched 10+ year old CPUs by now. But you could try a couple of older F2P MMOs. I think EverQuest (1 & 2) should still be running on your machine. Also, look for any MMO/game that has no DX10/11 support. I think you have a good chance that those will still run on your PC.

• Broken.ArrowBroken.Arrow Member UncommonPosts: 84

Im using a slightly better variant of the same specs on my current PC since my main rig got fried.

Your biggest problem would be the RAM, because even if you end up lowering all graphic details to let it run with the best playable FPS rates, the memory requirement will crash the game anywhere from 5 to 15mins from loading poi. So make looking for a low RAM requirement your first priority when looking for any game, since even removing the 1.5/1.75 GM ram cap on the game's process via command line wont work if you dont have a minimum of 3GB to take the hit. And second biggest problem, as you may have encountered, is the shader version on your graphics card.

But here are a few that might still work:

Like mentioned before by another poster, lotro dx9 client 'should' work with that config, but I dont remember its shader requirement to be absolutely sure.

Along with that, the asian F2Ps like perfect world (and its clones) and age of wushu (and its clones) should also work. These arent the textbook cutesy kind of asian MMOs.

I also ran PoE (which isnt really an MMO but a damn good arpg if you like those) on this rig a while back but after launch I no longer could do so without incurring out of memory crashes. There was an official command line fix iirc, which involved cutting the resources allocated to the dynamic area map to allow the game to function, but this was during beta and I dont know if it works on the current build and I dont have PoE on this system anymore to back up this option.

I havent tried EQs on this system to inform you of its likelihood of running, so who knows.

And that is all that I can recall right now. 

And a bit off topic, but I would suggest throwing GoG.com a gander because some of those games from decades ago (Baldur's gate 2, Planscape, NwN2 HotU (not the perfect world crap), civilizations and witcher...if it can run on yours) blow many of the current AAA MMOs out of the water. And have much more gameplay value (not even counting the mountain of player created mods for these games) than the lightweights of today.

EDIT:And browser games too would fly. Sites like Kongregate or Armor games might have a few decent games to pick from. Eldevin is also another solid browser option and probably the best of the lot if you are looking for an actual MMO.

---

A proud User of [[Adblock Plus]], to block out all the bullshit paid advertisements (also read as "game reviews") spam on mmorpg.com. 

----

I was banned for pointing out the obvious faults in a game 2 months before it released.
    Now after release, repeating the very same words from back then would be like preaching to the choir on this site.
  • idrissa22idrissa22 Member Posts: 2
    ok thank you very much ;)