It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have been playing MMO's for awhile now which mostly being EQ 1, FFXI and WoW. I have played most the "WoW Killers" like Warhammer online, Conan and a few others but could never really get into them as the previous three I mentioned. I had success in WoW being in high ranked U.S PVE guilds and good PVP success being Grand Marshal then obtaining Gladiator during BC. I mainly played with 5 irl friends but as WotLK came out it just didn't feel the same anymore and I felt the community overall never really compared to FFXI. No matter the success I had in WoW overall my experience wasn't as exciting as it was in FFXI and the reason for that was the community honestly. After deciding to give FFXIV a shot instead of going back to WoW even though I wish they would of took a few things from FFXI I have a few questions about things if anyone could help me out that would be awesome.
1) How is the community compare to FFXI and if you never played it what about other MMO's?
2) I seen a few post about people saying FFXIV is very casual is this true?
3) I seen the newer servers they released during the PS4 release aren't doing so well, so should I avoid the "newer" servers then?
4) I have both a PS4 and PC but I seen the controls are very console friendly but I was wondering since it is a MMO is it still best played on my PC instead of putting my PS4 to work?
5) Any tips for starting out with be great!!!!
Thanks for reading this and any input would be welcome!!!