Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage Eternal vs Lost Ark

With the G-star coming bringing news about LE, a serious stuff was annouced recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL5zGvsmSM0

I'm not sure whether it will be an MMO or a Dungeon crawler but looks insane.

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    dungeon crawle,and it looks 2x times better then LE. !

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

/drools

I think that is some of the most beautiful skill animations I have ever seen!

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Originally posted by rensta

If it is a dungeon crawler, it's understandable to choose a so  fast gameplay. But when you take in consideration a siege where 200+ people are fighting other 200+ with this kind of gameplay seen in LA, it will be a complete mess, you wont be able to understand what is going on. So a slower pace is more suitable.

• TimesplitTimesplit Member UncommonPosts: 191

For anyone interested in more Lost Ark info, you can check it out here http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1661-lost-ark-online-mmorpg-preview-and-translations. The info in the trailer has been translated by Steparu.

There's an extended trailer as well, so you can see what's being talked about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

It seems like they're really going at it with the competition between Lineage and Lost Ark. After watching both of these games, it makes you wonder what a certain other developer was spending their time on.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Prenho3

With the G-star coming bringing news about LE, a serious stuff was annouced recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL5zGvsmSM0

I'm not sure whether it will be an MMO or a Dungeon crawler but looks insane.

I felt like I needed to go smoke a cigarette after that, and I don't smoke.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

For me lineage Eternal will be an MMO, with lots of mass openworld combat

Lost ark will be a splendid  game, yet its still to be determined how much massively multiplayer will be in it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I don't even like pve games...but omfg...those animations...wow.  Those are the same skills we've been seeing for years, as far back as uo, but with the animation's we vision in our head.  That was just wow....wow wow wow...all I can say.

*Would love to see that as a full mmo with pvp, gvg, etc

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by rensta

If it is a dungeon crawler, it's understandable to choose a so  fast gameplay. But when you take in consideration a siege where 200+ people are fighting other 200+ with this kind of gameplay seen in LA, it will be a complete mess, you wont be able to understand what is going on. So a slower pace is more suitable.

Make correction here, YOU WON'T be able to understand...some are very fast pace and have played games at intense speeds with friendly fire, etc...so, quote for yourself...not everyone else.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• I wrote this on another threat too. Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark are very different games actually. Lost Ark is a multiplayer arpg. But Lineage Eternal is a pure mmorpg. Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1. In Lineage Eternal you will find massive open world maps which supports 500 players in the same area with open world pvp. You will find massive open world bosses, raids and much more. But Lost Ark is a game with limited open world content, arena pvp and dungeon crawler.

Yes, Lost Ark got better skill animations and skill effects. But they are limiting the gameplay itself. You can't create an open world game with these effects. That's why Lost Ark is very limited at this subject. It's not about performance issues. It's about gameplay as I sais before. You can't create a balanced and polish open world pvp system with that effects.

Of corse I will play both of them. But Lineage Eternal will be my another mmorpg which I'll play. On the other hand Lost Ark is more like Diablo 3 which I play when I want that type of gameplay.

You can think of it like this. Lineage 1 and Diablo was very different when they released. Lineage 1 was a pure mmorpg with an amazing pvp. On the other hand Diablo was an arpg which you can play multiplayer with limited gameplay. That's exactly the same difference with the Lineage Eternal and the Lost Ark.

Lost Ark is exactly what Diablo 3 should be and Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1.

As I posted before:

The latest interviews of both Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark teams at G-Star 2014 confirm both games are MMORPGs and will feature open world.

Which will be better for me? It depends on which game will offer the best open world features and pvp, and I bet my coins on Lineage Eternal for being the sequel to Lineage 1, and a world pvp-pk clan war like L1 is expected in LE, in this case LE would be the killer just like L1 beats all top AAA MMOs in Korea in terms of popularity.

In short: it will depend on which one will offer the best open world content and pvp. Instances and instanced pvp don't attract me.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

In short: it will depend on which one will offer the best open world content and pvp. Instances and instanced pvp don't attract me.

Concur! Also, if I hear another person saying Lost Ark is just Diablo 3, I'm going to lose it. There's tons of articles saying that they are a MMORPG, not an ARPG. LE vs Lost Ark will be quite the battle. I honestly feel the first game to get out may be the victor.

Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by wormed

Concur! Also, if I hear another person saying Lost Ark is just Diablo 3, I'm going to lose it. There's tons of articles saying that they are a MMORPG, not an ARPG. LE vs Lost Ark will be quite the battle. I honestly feel the first game to get out may be the victor.

From what I have been reading LE will be open world PvP and Lost Ark will not be. So I think both games will do well to the group of gamer's their shooting for.

It is a MMO will offer open world and instances, but my problem with LA is that the only form of pvp offered so far,  according to its developers is arena like in Tree of Savior. If they keep it until the launch LA has already lost my interest.

• Originally posted by drivendawn

Originally posted by Nepheth I wrote this on another threat too. Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark are very different games actually. Lost Ark is a multiplayer arpg. But Lineage Eternal is a pure mmorpg. Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1. In Lineage Eternal you will find massive open world maps which supports 500 players in the same area with open world pvp. You will find massive open world bosses, raids and much more. But Lost Ark is a game with limited open world content, arena pvp and dungeon crawler. Yes, Lost Ark got better skill animations and skill effects. But they are limiting the gameplay itself. You can't create an open world game with these effects. That's why Lost Ark is very limited at this subject. It's not about performance issues. It's about gameplay as I sais before. You can't create a balanced and polish open world pvp system with that effects. Of corse I will play both of them. But Lineage Eternal will be my another mmorpg which I'll play. On the other hand Lost Ark is more like Diablo 3 which I play when I want that type of gameplay. You can think of it like this. Lineage 1 and Diablo was very different when they released. Lineage 1 was a pure mmorpg with an amazing pvp. On the other hand Diablo was an arpg which you can play multiplayer with limited gameplay. That's exactly the same difference with the Lineage Eternal and the Lost Ark. Lost Ark is exactly what Diablo 3 should be and Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1.
    I don't know I believe Lost Ark is a full fledged MMO read this from Steparu.com 

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1661-lost-ark-online-mmorpg-preview-and-translations

I'm talking about the pvp side here. Yes Lost Ark has plenty of open world content but not as much as Lineage Eternal and a lot more limited. And on the pvp side Lost Ark is much much more limited than Lineage Eternal. Lineage Eternal got a huge open world pvp content as Ncsoft said.

And for the other person. If he is talking about me, I didn't say Lost Ark is like Diablo 3. I said Lost Ark is what Diablo 3 should be. There is a huge difference. Again Lost Ark is amazing on the pve side. But on the other hand it lacks on the pvp content. Lineage Eternal got a huge pvp content and better on this matter. That's why Ncsoft cannot make the same quality of skill effects and animations with the Lineage Eternal like Lost Ark did. That's the worst think they can do.

Both games are great. I'm a huge arpg fan. So I'll play both of them. I can't wait for them to come to west.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Nepheth

Originally posted by drivendawn

Originally posted by Nepheth I wrote this on another threat too. Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark are very different games actually. Lost Ark is a multiplayer arpg. But Lineage Eternal is a pure mmorpg. Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1. In Lineage Eternal you will find massive open world maps which supports 500 players in the same area with open world pvp. You will find massive open world bosses, raids and much more. But Lost Ark is a game with limited open world content, arena pvp and dungeon crawler. Yes, Lost Ark got better skill animations and skill effects. But they are limiting the gameplay itself. You can't create an open world game with these effects. That's why Lost Ark is very limited at this subject. It's not about performance issues. It's about gameplay as I sais before. You can't create a balanced and polish open world pvp system with that effects. Of corse I will play both of them. But Lineage Eternal will be my another mmorpg which I'll play. On the other hand Lost Ark is more like Diablo 3 which I play when I want that type of gameplay. You can think of it like this. Lineage 1 and Diablo was very different when they released. Lineage 1 was a pure mmorpg with an amazing pvp. On the other hand Diablo was an arpg which you can play multiplayer with limited gameplay. That's exactly the same difference with the Lineage Eternal and the Lost Ark. Lost Ark is exactly what Diablo 3 should be and Lineage Eternal is a follow up for Lineage 1.
    I don't know I believe Lost Ark is a full fledged MMO read this from Steparu.com 

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1661-lost-ark-online-mmorpg-preview-and-translations

I'm talking about the pvp side here. Yes Lost Ark has plenty of open world content but not as much as Lineage Eternal and a lot more limited. And on the pvp side Lost Ark is much much more limited than Lineage Eternal. Lineage Eternal got a huge open world pvp content as Ncsoft said.

And for the other person. If he is talking about me, I didn't say Lost Ark is like Diablo 3. I said Lost Ark is what Diablo 3 should be. There is a huge difference. Again Lost Ark is amazing on the pve side. But on the other hand it lacks on the pvp content. Lineage Eternal got a huge pvp content and better on this matter. That's why Ncsoft cannot make the same quality of skill effects and animations with the Lineage Eternal like Lost Ark did. That's the worst think they can do.

Both games are great. I'm a huge arpg fan. So I'll play both of them. I can't wait for them to come to west.

How are you already saying one has more than the other? You know exactly the amount I do, and there's no feasible or truthful way you could say that. From what we've heard from BOTH sides, they're both MMORPG's and they both have plenty of open world content.

Again, you're just making statements without any basis in fact. We don't know which will have more content. Will Lineage Eternal be more siege/open world warfare based? Maybe. Their first video seemed to display that aspect BUT it was still fully PvE. Lost Ark's trailer looked far cleaner and less generic than Lineage Eternal's did.

Like OP said, it'll depend on what happens with open world and right now, NOBODY knows, no matter how badly you want to convince yourself of that.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Why doesnt lost ark have an own forum, if Diablo 3 has one, Lost Ark deserves one to.

sure they are not Mmo's but they share so much with the genre and mostly share the same playerbase, that an own forum would be the right thing

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Why doesnt lost ark have an own forum, if Diablo 3 has one, Lost Ark deserves one to.

sure they are not Mmo's but they share so much with the genre and mostly share the same playerbase, that an own forum would be the right thing

Finally watched the Lost Ark video last night and was blown away. Came here looking for the forum and found nothing. Both Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark look better then anything coming.

• InnadrilInnadril Member UncommonPosts: 41
    For what we know so far... Lineage Eternal will have a worldwide simultaneous release while Lost Ark seems to be the average korean game. It could take 3 years for Lost Ark to come to the west after release in Korea xD
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Lost Ark, boring combat with over exaggerated animations. The one thing I liked was the mage that was pulling the floating islands around.