Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone still play FF14 on PS3?

2»

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Originally posted by Faintestidea
    Now concerning festivals and whatnot, am I going to be able to catch any in time since I can't start til Wed night at the latest? And usually what class is the best to go with IYO?

Honestly I really don't know. I think in the decade I played ffxi I participated in 2 seasonal festivals so I don't really pay attention to that stuff. As far as class goes I would go with what you find fun to start with. You're first class you will be leveling mostly via the storyline, quests, hunting log, and the occasional dungeon/guildhest. So go with what you like.

After you have completed the storyline from what I see leveling is mostly done via dungeons, guildhests, leves, and your hunting log. Fates were the way to go a year ago when i played but they are pretty much dead now and most are too difficult to solo and still be efficient. 

I know tanks have no issues getting in dungeon queues, healers not as instant as tanks, but DPS can have long wait times. I always leveled and played tank jobs in my MMO career but didn't start out tanking in this game. Now I am but just so you know tanks are defacto leaders, pullers, as well as regular old tank stuff. They basically decide the flow and speed of dungeons. That's probably why it's the least sought after job currently. Lots of responsibility and lots of blame if things do go wrong. 

• FaintestideaFaintestidea Member Posts: 24
    Exactly why I didn't use tank in rift, or in any other. Guess I'll figure it out as I go along. Wish this game would get here already
    Ok, game is here. Now have a problem. It keeps saying it can't link to playstation network. Any answers for that?
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Ok, game is here. Now have a problem. It keeps saying it can't link to playstation network. Any answers for that?

I have no idea mine worked as charm when I installed mine but again I had a square enix account from before and not sure if you created your square enix account.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I used to play it on the PS3 back when I didn't have access to my computer, and it was nice on there. I can't say it was flawless because around the snowy areas my fps would drop quite a bit and in big Fate groups sometimes the mobs wouldn't appear due to the amount of people it had to render at once. But you shouldn't have too many issues, the game itself is really really fun and probably currently one of the best MMO's on the market. It's also really cool that square has kept the servers together with PC PS3 and PS4 so you have a constant flow of different people to play with console and pc alike.
    Originally posted by SoloAnything

I have no idea mine worked as charm when I installed mine but again I had a square enix account from before and not sure if you created your square enix account.

I got everything set up, but damn, that download is huge! And my connection over here isn't the best. Left it on all night to download and it still isn't half done. Plus The PSN keeps cutting out since last night and that doesn't help. But I did link accounts and all that jazz, just have to download updates and that huge download. Wish there was a better way to communicate than here cause I'm sure questions will pop up

PSN Last night wasn't connecting for me at all.

Its off and on today so far. Plus I'm sure its kinda slow since lots of of people are hooking up for 1st time and stuff today. When I go to work tonight I'm going to leave it running again and try to get somewhere with it so hopefully by tomorrow I can join you on there. What server are you again and would I type in your name the exact way you show it on your profile?

Its off and on today so far. Plus I'm sure its kinda slow since lots of of people are hooking up for 1st time and stuff today. When I go to work tonight I'm going to leave it running again and try to get somewhere with it so hopefully by tomorrow I can join you on there. What server are you again and would I type in your name the exact way you show it on your profile?

The Server: Hyperion

Character Name: Samurai Xiv

Easiest way is to go to the search menu which is located where friend list, blacklist is, then you can search by 1st or last name and if I'm online you'll see my name and can send friend invite and /tell name lastname text is how you communicate but I will get you in a free company(guild) so even when I'm not online you have who to talk to. Today is Christmas so I might be online only for a little.

Reason I told you to search better then just /tell is cause I might be online and doing a dungeon which are like private instances and you can't send tells when you're in but you can communicate if in a free company or linkshell (guild types).

No prob. Also ordered a wireless keyboard/mouse but wont be here til Monday. With that would all I have to do is plug receiver into my ps3 and it should work?
    No prob. Also ordered a wireless keyboard/mouse but wont be here til Monday. With that would all I have to do is plug receiver into my ps3 and it should work?

In my experience all you have to do is plug a USB keyboard and it works right away now with receiver I guess works the same way as the receiver is USB also.

In my experience all you have to do is plug a USB keyboard and it works right away now with receiver I guess works the same way as the receiver is USB also.

Well the little thingy that goes into usb on PS3 I meant. PSN is down again, this better not be taking days off from my free trial

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    It's a crime to play ffxiv on outdated tech
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    It's a crime to play ffxiv on outdated tech

I agree. It's also a crime that I work at walmart 3rd shift, have 4 kids to take care of, and only have a PS3. But I do the best with what I have :)

Game is downloaded and ready to play. Thanks to everyone who helped out. I'm sure I will have more questions as I go along

So did you start in Hyperion? If you did what's your characters name/lastname? I'm on PC atm cause PSN is on day 3 of being hacked and I can't play any of my ps4 online games.
    So did you start in Hyperion? If you did what's your characters name/lastname? I'm on PC atm cause PSN is on day 3 of being hacked and I can't play any of my ps4 online games.

Faintestidea vi    Its offline again? definitely going to make sure I get reimbursed for lost days on my trial

• This game looks interesting might try the two week trial. 
    Originally posted by Vladric_Hellsinger
    This game looks interesting might try the two week trial. 

Granted, I just started, but I would say go for it. Graphics look fine for me so far, and according to almost everyone in here, it's a great game. So why not try it :)

Concerning a wireless keyboard and mouse, how the heck does it hook up to the PS3? 
    You just hook up the usb transmitter into the usb port used to charge your controllers.
    Originally posted by k11keeper
    You just hook up the usb transmitter into the usb port used to charge your controllers.

I'll let u know how that goes

Ok cool. Good luck. 

Ok cool. Good luck. 

It works! Thank the maker. No more keypads