Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game streaming on twitch now..

NirvyNirvy Member Posts: 73

It is looking suprisingly disapointing, the graphics and animations are jarringly aged and poor, very glitchy ui.

Anyone else watching?

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    His graphics weren't bumped up. I've been in Alpha for a bit, game has some promise. Definitely needs a UI revamp and the animations need a lot of work.
  • NirvyNirvy Member Posts: 73

After watching some more, the animation is VERY poor. The mobs when killing them dont seem to have a dying animation, they go from standing to dead on the floor in one frame.

That UI REALLY needs a overhaul!

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I know you've heard it before most likely. But you do know the animations don't have to be top notch yet. Do you know why? It's in Alpha. If your playing the game AS IT IS NOW. It's not a finished product.
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

<deleted>

no comment (to the responses)

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Looks a lot like SWG!
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Nirvy

After watching some more, the animation is VERY poor. The mobs when killing them dont seem to have a dying animation, they go from standing to dead on the floor in one frame.

That UI REALLY needs a overhaul!

Well, its alpha, its kind of a get away from jail free card. If they go into beta like this then I will be worried.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

Cohhcarnage was indeed playing on low settings (default), halfway through that was mentioned to him and he bumped them up.

Focus for alpha has been implementing and testing major features. During beta, the polish will start and additional artist will be hired for graphic and animations updates, that has not been priority yet. Same goes for the GUI .. it's a placeholder until the system is added for players to mod the UI through XML.

Also in the next major hero engine release DX11 will be supported.

• markelphoenixmarkelphoenix Member UncommonPosts: 38

I found the game enjoyable while I was streaming it. I try to avoid any sentiment of 'graphics are everything' when it comes to a game as deep as this. I love how far down the rabbit hole it seems to go with skills and options. Will start my stream back up later, just got out of the starter area.

Interface seems simple enough.

Check out My Twitch Stream!

www.twitch.tv/markelphoenix

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    I really hope they significantly overhaul animations, they are just too impoortant for any combat heavy game. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com