Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your mmo list and time served.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

How long have you played each mmo?  And what caused you to switch to another mmo?

Aion-  1 month,  left because just wasn't very fun combat.

WOW- 1 month,  left because pre90 pvp was horrid balance.

Rift - 6 month,  left because I was ready for something new

GW2- 6 month,  left because I was ready for something new

League of Legends - 1 year,  just got tired of playing it

Archeage- 1 month,  PVP wasn't rewarding like I wanted.

SWTOR- 3 month,  Just take a break every now and then come back

Atlantica-1 month,  Got too grindy at top levels

Shaiya-1 month,  Found out it was pay to win.

Mortal Online-1 month,  Game created for Douche Bags Majorly

ESO-1 month,  currently playing

Pirates of the Burning Sea-6 months,  Left because ship combat was too unrealistic.

Warhammer Online-1 month,  Left cuz game seemed to be dying.

Battle of Immortals-2 months,  left cuz devs deceiving players.

What does your list look like?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    My list is so long and thick. I can't show it here though, because there might be children around.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

All guesstimates :

Warcraft: 4 years total. (off and on. Playing it currently.)

DCUO: 3 months

LotRo: 1 year

STO: 1 year

AoC: 1 month

SW:ToR : 1 year (maybe more)

GW2: 6 months

Age of Wushu: 3 days

Tera: 6 months (Thinking of going back to this as my main game. It or SW.)

Aion: 6 months

Rift: 9 months

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Notable MMOS only:
    Lineage 1 - 6 mo
    DAOC - 2.25 yrs
    DAOC freeshard - 9 mo.
    Lineage 2 - 6 mo.
    WOW - 1.75 yrs
    EVE - 5+ years

Everything else, (too many to list) 3 mo or less.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online - 11 years and 5 months: I've designed many missions for it in digital labor with naught for compensation but the satisfaction of having partially imprinted a growing online experience with a cross-section of my soul, and it's a skill-based Newtonian game with progression. Just awesome.

WoW: 2 years, approx. I grew out of it somewhere around the summer of 2007.

I've sampled many others, but none have I played religiously like I have the two above.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

MMOs I have played, in no particular order...
    Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Continent of the Ninth, Allods Online, Runes of Magic, DC Heroes, Champions Online, Silk Road, Path of Exile, Star Trek Online, Warhammer Online, Anarchy Online, Eve Online, City of Heroes, Cabal, RF Online, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Poxnora, Shaiya, Requiem, Hellgate: London, Ether Saga, Runes of Magic, Forsaken World, Aion, Tera, D&D Online, Vendetta Online, Priston Tale II, Perpetuum, Fallen Earth, Age of Conan, Star Wars the Old Republic, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Secret World, Silk Road, Vanguard, War of the Immortals, Lord of the Rings Online, Pandora Saga, Elder Scrolls Online, Archeage, Wildstar, Dragon Nest Europe, Face of Mankind, Dragons Prophet, Neverwinter, Taikodom, Vanguard, Knight Online.

There may be a handful I've completely forgotten

I can't recall times played for them all.  Ultima Online only briefly, since friends were playing Everquest and I went there.  Everquest about 4 to 5 years, WoW a couple of years, then all the others vary between a week or a few months at most.  I seem to get bored with mmorpgs very fast these days.

• xonedlxonedl Member UncommonPosts: 25

Neverland (browser) - a couple months till it shut down.

Atlantica Online - 4 years, my first full featured client MMO. Still playing this now. To be honest back when I started I don't even know there was a word called "MMO"...

Aion - 3 months. was not good with PvP so I decided to stop.

Guild Wars 2 - 1 month, not including all closed / open beta period. Somehow things become stale 1 month into release.

Blade & Soul (China) - 1 month. Things also become stale after 1 month into play.

FF XIV - 1 month. It's a nice game, just something I don't like...

and some in between not worth to mention as I only spent a couple days and got bored real quick.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Everquest, 5 years, left because most friends had moved to Star Wars Galaxies

Star Wars Galaxies, 2 years, left because of CU

WoW, 2 years, left because I didn't like Burning Crusade (back now for WoD)

Everquest 2, 3 years, left because of pressure to speed level when Sentinel's Fate expansion came

Vanguard, 2 years off and on, didn't have time to play it as much as other games at the time

EVE, 3 years, played off and on but didn't stay as I couldn't find the right corp for me

LotRO, 3 years off and on, never really found a guild so played with friends occasionally.

Aion, 2 months, left after reaching the PvEvP zone and getting ganked all day long while trying to quest

Age of Conan, 3 months, stopped when most of my guild quit

D&D Online, 3 months, was too hard to find groups of non-idiots

GW2, 3 months, left after getting to 80 and geared and having nothing to do

SWTOR, 6 months, left after my raiding guild quit the game

Age of Wushu, 3 months, got tired of the pvp and repetitive content

Neverwinter, 2 months, too low quality and cash-grabbing. Poor community

FF XIV ARR, 2 months, left because too grindy

ESO, 3 months, got bored with the solo questing

Wildstar, 1 month, got bored of levelling

Archeage, 2 months, left after guild split in two and a lot of friends left the game

...and various others not worth a mention.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

Only listing MMO's with maxed characters:

DAOC -- started right when it came out.. What a blast!

CoH -- started this when it first came out, still miss it

Ryzom -- started in 2005, still play now and then

Vanguard -- Fun, wish it was still running.

PoTBS -- lots of fun in this one.

Not really playing an MMO now, don't have the time it takes. None of the newer games grabbed my attention.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

in order.

DAoC - 2 years. OK game but the PvE was not cutting it. Shared sub with AC2 and EQ2.
    AC2 - 1 year until servers were shut off.
    WOW - 1 month. Just preferred EQ2 background and graphics.
    EQ2 - 10 years 1 month and still playing because it's the best game out there.

Shared subscriptions with EQ2.

GW1 - 1 month. Just Bah.
    Rubies of Evertide - 2 months.:FTP
    Planeshift - Still drop in once in awhile (8 years): FTP
    AoC - 8 months.
    Requiem - 9 months paid sub.
    EVE - 10 day trial. Not enough content to warrant a sub.
    Vindictus - 1 year. my email changed and account was locked. CS sucks.
    Alantica - 1 month. Good RTS just not my interest.
    Forsaken World - 7 months still log in once in awhile OK as FTP.
    SW:TOR - 1 year. Still play it as paid sub.

There are others I have forgotten because they were not interesting enough.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

EQ 8 years ........................the good developers left and multiboxing killed the community

Vanguard 1 year.................game got shut down, reminded me of EQ in some ways

Street Gears 1 year............game got shut down, really fun cute game

GW1, a few months............lack of community

Vindictus, a few months......too much Pay2Win

FFXIV, since launch

I've tried other MMO but didn't play any of them more than a day or 2.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

I can't exactly say how long but why.

Asherons Call: years, no real realm vs realm pvp.

Daoc: years. first beta testing while still playing AC. Joined the PvP server, left because we(the clan) killed the population. The population tried to grow but then we killed it off again. Guess the "PvP" players weren't ready to PvP.

WoW: months. It was nice to play a solid game but the focus on PvE made me leave.

Warhammer Online: months, too many bugs (new class release, max at first day(5h)) and the map was too narrow

Rift: months, played beta and live. liked the class system but the WoWish gear grind turned me off (that dungeon then this dungeon aso)

Daoc freeshard: years but hopping from one to another because  they tend to close down quickly(some)

Planet Entropia/Entropia Universe: a year + some, even it is kind of PvE centric the whole eco system was fun. But after  a while I had everything I wanted and the question was if I played it as a 2nd job or quit. At least I got a new PC out of it.

From then on I was jumping around and had 2-3 games at a time.  Funny thing the game that I keep playing from time to time over years is a MOBA. And somewhere in between one of the best PvP games I ever played...

Fury: months, it shut down(so much to lifetime access). Not sure if you could call it a MMO because it was more of deathmatch but it was fun and the mechanics of attack -> counter were the best I have ever seen but not sure if you want to count that.

edit: oh, in between there was AoC, GW 1 and some others.... THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY!!!

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134

My Game List:

• Lineage 2  (10+ Years)
    • Aion  (1 Year)
    • Guild Wars 2  (1 Month)
    • LotRO  (5 Month)
    • WoW  (2 Month)
    • FFXIV  (1 Month)
    • Archeage  (3 Month)
    • SWTOR  (5 Month)

I think this is about it.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

EQ2 - 7 years

WoW - 1 hour

Vanquard - 1 month

SWG - 1 day

LOTRO - from launch  with breaks - lifetime sub - stopped playing when SWTOR launched.

AoC - 2 months

Aion - 3 weeks

Rift - 3 weeks

TSW - from launch with breaks  - 2years or so - my backup MMO .

SWTOR - from launch - 3 years with NO breaks - my main MMO - LOVE IT image

EVE - 1 week

GW2 - 1 week

TESO - 1 week

FFIV - 1 day

Tera - 30 minutes

Age of Wushu - 1 hour

Archage - 30 minutes

That's all I can think off.... plenty of single player games in addition...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91

wayyyyy to many to list, ive been playing video games in general since the dawn of video games, and mmo's since their dawn too, i'll list the ones i spent more than a year in.

- Ultima Online - 3 years, still to this day my favourite.

- Dark Age of Camelot - 3 years, a very close 2nd fav

- WoW - 3 years, alot of people bash WoW but it was still a cool game.

-Warhammer Online - 1 year, was good, but was expecting more.

- LoTRO - 1.5 years, quite enjoyed this game, cant really remember why i stopped playing.

- SWToR - 1.5 years, again was good, but was expecting more.

Ive basically played every major release with exception of EVE, i dunno why i never played it, thats a mystery for the ages, but as you can see by years played, i was more of an old school gamer, im lucky if im not bored within a month these days, let alone trying to get years of game play out of something.

• Ultima Online : 5 years First mmo I've ever played.

Dark Age of Camelot : 3 years

Star Wars Galaxies : 1 year

Knight Online : 4 years

World of Warcraft : 6 years

Warhammer Online : 5 years My second favorite mmo of all time.

Guild Wars : 9 years, 'still playing' Best mmo I've ever played.

Guild Wars 2 : 2 years

Eve Online : 3 years

FFXIV ARR : 4 months, 'still playing'

Destiny : 3,5 months, 'still playing'

These are the mmos I've played most.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

WoW - played 6 years without a break, burned out
    LOTRO - 2 years
    TSW - 9 months (cabal imploded)
    Rift - 2 years and counting

Have tried/played lots of others including Aion, Trove, Landmark, ESO, Wildstar, ArcheAge but the top four are still up to date on my desktop.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Below are all the games I remember.  i am sure there are more but I can't remember them all.

These games couldn't keep my interest past one month, they either had issues or just weren't the games for me:

Aion, Atlantica, Shaiya, APB, Angels Online, Age of Conan, WOW, Rift, Wildstar, Archage, Battlestar Galactica Online, STO,  Defiance, ESO, Neverwind, TERA, Waren Story,  Runescape

These games I liked and played for about 3 months, but  left and maybe went back but have no further interest in:

Wizard 101, Pirate 101, SWTOR, DCUO, Final Fantasy XIV(may consider coming back to this game)

These games I liked and played but they shut down and I could no longer play them.

SWG, Troy, Mytheon

These games I have played for extended time and come back to regularly

GW1, GW2, TSW

• ZhjrisZhjris Member UncommonPosts: 20
    -Runescape| 2002-2014(off and on) 12 years. Awesome mmorpg for f he first time and longest one ive played.
    1. Pros-First mmorpg, full loot,skills you can choose to level,economy, items are worth, questing system, great world and atmosphere and features like housing and use to have a great community.
    2. Cons-Dated, played for years off and on, combat is turn based, huge grind, game changed to try to be modernized.

-WoW| (2006-2007)4-6 months

1. Pros-3d graphics, huge playerbase, pvp anywhere, simplistic.
    2. Cons-Loot grind,carebear and tab target combat, everything that is wrong with modern mmos begins with this. Ruined the genre.

Lotro| Played beta (Feb 2007) for 2 months and realized I didn't like it because it was too WoW like.

1. Pros-Lotr IP, great world and atmosphere, seeing characters from the books and movies, unique classes.
    2. Cons-Wow Model,combat was tabtargetting,gear grind,pvp was almost non existant except for PVM.

-Age of Conan|(Beta April 2008) -(May 17, 2008-  August 2008) 4-5 months. Was fun with my clan Murderherd.

1. Pros-Boobies,gore,action combat, AoC lore and world, atmosphere.  
    2. Cons-Lacking things to do(Not enough raid content, pvp was just killing people in Kholesh, exploits(gems), then later on the gear grind via arenas. Too many lies and cut features from launch.
    -Warhammer online|(September 2008) 2 weeks played to pass the time between Darkfall online.
    1. Pros-Warhammer IP,diverse classes,world pvp and capturable points.
    2. Cons-Unbalanced classes, world pvp didn't matter,gimmick questing system, no innovation or new features.

-Uo Shard| (2009)Didn't appeal to me because I've become accustom to 3d graphics and modern mmos.

1. Pros-Community,sandbox features,lore,full loot, all the good oldschool sandbox stuff.
    2. Cons- Dated, combat is pretty boring.

-Darkfall online| 4 years off and on. (Beta) Started Jan 1 2009 played until (EU Launch) Jan 25 2009- May 2009. Quit. Rejoined for 2nd expansion on Jan 2010-June 2010. Rejoined September 2010-Jan 14, 2011. Rejoined June 2011-October 2012. Best mmorpg ive played and upset we got that horrible trash Unholy wars.

1.  Pros-Fps combat best out of any mmorpg game, mount system,territory control, politics, economy and gear system,ship combat,diverse abilities.
    2. Cons-At launch hackers, no doors or towers at cities, hackers and zergs hurt the game for me. Later on it was the grind, exploits(Dungeon logging), mild hacking, no skill cap, and too much focus on pvp that made me quit. 
    -All points bulletin|(6 June 2010-August 2010) 2-3 months. Could have been really great.
    1. Cons-Overpowered stun weapons, repetitive gameplay missions, no way to conquer areas,hackers,company dying, lack of content. 
    2. Pros-Customization, FPS combat,GTA gameplay and style, fun until it got repetitive, different weapons, vehicle combat, griefing, being able to mark your turf and show off your customizations.
    -DCUO|(Jan 14,2011-March 2011) 2-3 months. Could have been great, but they causalized it too much.
    1. Pros- Great voice acting, characters world, IP, action combat, customization, pvp and pve was fun, specialized movement capabilities, housing.
    2. Cons- Lack of vision, no territory conquest, no meaninful risk vs rewards, gear grind via arenas,exploits, lack of features and content, too much like a single player superhero game. F2p cashshop bs.
    -SW:TOR|(December 20 2011-Feb 2012) 1-2 months. Was one of the worse mmos ive played.
    1. Pros-Good voice acting and story line, arena gormball was fun, the Ip, lore and the atmosphere was awesome as well.
    2. Cons-No space combat, crafting was bad, armor models were horrible, storyline decisions didn't alter anything, combat was tab target and unbalanced, the world felt like it was copied(And it was in parts) from other mmos with a different skin, nothing unique or inovative, no sandbox features, stale rehash, then later f2p lockout. 
    -Guild Wars 2|(Oct 2012-Nov 20 2013) Wasn't as innovative as they claimed, I did like the competitive aspect of it.
    1. Pros- Was fun in the competitive sense, platforming aspect was fun, but after the first month the fun wore off. Alot of choices in terms of gear and customization.
    2. Cons-Nothing innovative at all, RVR was just a zerg fest and offered no real worth, unbalanced classes, repetitive quests and grinding, nothing for guilds or any sandbox features.

-Planetside 2| (Beta November 17 2012)(Launch Nov 20-Feb 2013) 3-4 months. Could have been so good if it was more like the first Planetside but SOE cashed after the casual cash. 
    1. Pros-Huge world, fps combat, vehicle and flying combat, outfits.
    2. Cons-Hackers, lacking of core features and content from Planetside 1, fragfest arena style gameplay, vehicle spam,cash shop overpowered weapons,based don't matter and switch sides to much, no commitment to stay and defense an area, too casualized, too easy to switch classes and roles,no skill cap,world feels lifeless, no inventory system and can't pick up weapons from killed enemies. Inferior compared to the first game.
    -Darkfall Unholywars|(Beta Dec 20 2012-Jan 2013) (After Launch July 2014-Oct 2014) 3-4 months off and on.1 step forward 20 steps back. They completely ruined their game trying to casualize it and failed thus alienated their original fanbase and continue to ruin the game further.
    1. Pros- Huge, vast world, mounting system, fps combat, housing, territory control, politics.
    2. Cons- Arena style combat, no alignment system, nothing other than pvp, unbalances, 6 skill bar, no new sandbox features or content from the previous darkfall, features from DF1 still not in game, combat isn't as good as the first, dumb armor and weapon system, crafting is worse, world is empty because no players, huge grind still, prowess is not as good as a the old skill system, mob drops are regional, cities and hamlets are meaningless, overall a shittier version of DF1.
    -TESO| (Beta Feb 2014-Feb 2014)(Launch April 28 -May 20) 1-2 months First game I've ever did a chargeback on, buggy game that I was talked into buying. I knew it was trash.
    1. Pros-Elder scroll ip, unique classing and skills. Great graphics.
    2. Cons- Boring, bugging, repetitive, not innovative, no sandbox features, world pvp was very lacking and not rewarding, single player driven, rehash of a game.
    -Archage|(July 14 2014-August 2014) 1 month playedDisappointing to say the least where to progress you need to spend money.
    1. Pros-Sandbox features like housing, farming, transporting goods for money, stealing ect.
    2. Cons-Everything is geared towards the cashshop, not enough player housing spots, pvp is tab targetting, not enough sandbox features, last time I played the pvp island wasn't activated yet. A big Disappointment in my opinion that is hindered by a cashshop and lack of insight from the devs.
    There are other mmos ive played likeAge of Wushu,  Xyson, Mortal online and indie titles but my post is long those were all trash and/or flawed and not really worth putting on my list. Wish I played during the golden era of mmos, because they suited my tastes more, except for Darkfall online.
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I'd just be guessing to tell you honestly. There are too many MMOs I've played and not all of them have been in a single period of time but I can't even really remember how long those single periods of time went for let alone add the times I went back to them.

I can tell you that it's rare I will play a game for 40 hours and up for more than months and more often than not I will only play a game long enough to confirm I don't think it's worthy of committing time to. That said I played alot of wurm online and uncharted waters online. I kept coming back to those games rather than stick to them though.

I've always been more interested in the potential of the genre than appreciative of the genre that already exist. 

• kicjazkicjaz Member UncommonPosts: 15

T4C : 1 hours. I got killed by a rat i don't understand ... first mmo experience xD

UO : 4-5 years. My first mmo, even it was a non official shard. Really cool experience. 

GW1 : 5-6 years on and off. Simply the best online game i played. PvE was fun, PvP was excellent. 

RF Online : something around 2 year. Played on codemaster server and private server when it closed. Intensive cash shop game with interesting 3 factions war. PvPing in this game was cool and a good experience.

Aion : 9 month to 1 year total. The pve was ok, the combat was cool and got my epic moment in this game. But there was also alot of frustrating one. I played 4month on official server and tried a private server with more update later.

GW2 : Played it for one year. Quite a fun game with interesting combat. However friend left the game and well, we play together before playing a game so i follow !

TSW : 2 Years and still playing time to time ... well could say i left the game with the time i play it now. The game is interesting pve and quest are awesome. Dungeon and raid while relatively simple are really fun when you tryhard and set your own objective (time, or with less ppl than required).

+ Alot of F2P mmo. None of them are noticeable.

• SuperGroverSuperGrover Member UncommonPosts: 31

WOW = 4 years ( Needed a change)

LOTRO  = 7 years ( my go to game. play it off and on. Great world . just feels like Middle Earth to me. The combat is Meh though)

SWTOR = 1 year ( Unbalanced PVP with to much CC)

TSW  = 3 months ( slow combat )

GW2 = 6 months ( No trinity. did not like having no defined roles(imho)

WAR = Shut Down

LOL  = 1 year  (worst community in the history of gaming)

Xsyon = 3 months ( lack of  players)

Wildstar = 3 months (  hit end game "hardcore" wall)

Marvel Heroes = my current game of choice. 

Games tried but just not for me: Archage, Rift, ESO, STO,  AOC,  FFXIV and others.......

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • v4nnz444v4nnz444 Member UncommonPosts: 23

seal online - since 2005 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

rf online - since 2007 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

perfect world - 2 years - left because having other things to do. (work outside town)

pandora saga online - 4 years, left because server closed (we still missing this game up until now and wish other publisher release it again once for all ;)

uncharted waters online - since 2011 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

hawken - since 2012 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

world of tanks - since 2012 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

swtor - since 2013 - never quit until now just vacum for sometimes.

archeage - 3 month - left because the routine in the game is killing me and make the game really suck. (got lvl cap, gha set, hasla weapon, a farm and a house)

and other mmo's that i can't mention here bcause i even forgot the name of the mmo since only played 10-30mins after installed then uninstall.