Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Black Desert: Korean Closed Beta Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pearl Abyss is a studio with something to prove. That’s the feeling I get after spending a day beta testing the Korean version of Black Desert. The game has plenty of dull edges that need to be polished out, but the basic shape is already visible.

Read more of Mark Wilhelm's Black Desert: Korean Closed Beta Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    No trial, no buy game. You understand the words coming out of my mouth?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If it is like AA but without labor points and terrible management/support, I'm in!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    If it is like AA but without labor points and terrible management/support, I'm in!

Same

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Don't forget the truck load of exploits and hacks that are still rampant...  I seriously hope BDO is going to be different but...........................................

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I know it's a beta preview n all, but if you're going to reserve judgement on anything important until a localised version is started, then quite simply, I wouldn't have started....

Plus of course you must have played 10 mins to come up with such a short write-up..  I personally wouldn't have bothered if that's all I could come up with...

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

I know it's a beta preview n all, but if you're going to reserve judgement on anything important until a localised version is started, then quite simply, I wouldn't have started....

Plus of course you must have played 10 mins to come up with such a short write-up..  I personally wouldn't have bothered if that's all I could come up with...

I've got a revision coming to this that adds a paragraph or two. Yeah, I know, it's short. I didn't get the client completely downloaded and working until a day before. I will have more in-depth articles in the future. Personally, I want to do a screenshot collection next. The game is beautiful.

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Monthly fee, shop only with cosmetics, IP ban of bots and cheaters and I'm in
  • MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Lheiah

It's gonna be a while before we get a trial. :X

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

I do not trust most free to play games. Even the few I do like, I think are pretty expensive if you want a decent amount of cosmetic stuff, outside of Trove. I especially do not trust Asian free to play games or any hybrid of them. It's a different online ecosystem and even when adapted to the western market it shows.

That and I usually cannot stand the art style or character models, only one I ever liked was Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn.

But that also has a subscription and had to be completely rebooted. I like to pay one subscription and have access to (almost) everything with some work and free myself of gaming hobos. But as I said I do like and play some free to play games, but the whaling business model gets old and the nickel and dime Asian systems are even worse. 

But hey, it could have a decent cash shop. I'll wait to gamer opinions are out (not professional reviewers lol).

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I agree,if I did not get a beta test in mmos I would have made huge money investment mistakes.

I played ESO beta and I thought it was good and its o.k but not good enough,best advice play beta if you can and don't subscribe play for a month first.

I will support EQN it looks good and they are experienced and no nonsense subscription.

ESO you owe my money back,your game is not worth the money I put in!

so glad I did not buy wildstar.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

DAUM is the publisher for NA/EU as they've stated there are no competent publishers available in those regions.

The English Client has been teased since CBT2, it's likely the voice acting and general dialogue that the larger portion of the next years development time will be spent on.

As far as the economics and security of the game, only time will tell.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Ive never completely understood why people get euphoric over character customization. You are wearing armor and often dont see most of your character. WoW has limited customization and is doing fine.  

I spend maybe 2-3 minutes clicking default and jump in to the game.  I must be a special snowflake :)

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Unfortunately it does have a labor point system.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Hehe, I almost expect to hear Trion will be taking over delivering the game in the West.   Win-Win!

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by MarkJW
    Originally posted by Lheiah

It's gonna be a while before we get a trial. :X

Then it's going to be awhile before they get in money; done with that bs. If they don't believe in their game enough to give trials, why should I believe in their game enough to pay, give, donate, invest, whatever, my money.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Amen to that. AA had some of the greatest new concepts in any MMO I have seen in the past 10 years, how Trion managed to screw it up is beyond me. And yes it WAS Trion. XL Games made the game, Trion was managing the servers and the cash shop. They also had decision rights for when to release content like Hasla weapons.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by flizzer

Hehe, I almost expect to hear Trion will be taking over delivering the game in the West.   Win-Win!

It would be dead before it hit the ground.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • myquemyque Member UncommonPosts: 2

From what y know it has no labor point sistem at all. Just a cash shop with estethical items and exp boost maybe. Yes you can buy cash shop curency with in game gold. In todays mantainance we can se the cash shop implemented in corea.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by myque

From what y know it has no labor point sistem at all. Just a cash shop with estethical items and exp boost maybe. Yes you can buy cash shop curency with in game gold. In todays mantainance we can se the cash shop implemented in corea.

The guy who posted a class video in this thread - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/425260/Black-Desert-Online-all-classes-video.html says right in the beginning of his video that it has a labor point system.

• myquemyque Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Originally posted by myque

The guy who posted a class video in this thread - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/425260/Black-Desert-Online-all-classes-video.html says right in the beginning of his video that it has a labor point system.

Im sorry havent played AA since the russian beta so y got a litle bit confused.

Yes , he is right, its similar to the labor points in AA.

my first post and had to screw it up like this.. ;)

• snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    WORD
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55

labor points ruined my life

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Is there hope that the labor system might not be as rigid as AA's? For me, I like to reserve my criticism until I've played it or at least until more information is given to us in NA/EU by DAUM. I'm optimistic for this title. Even if it fails, i'm hoping the next developer learns from that failure and works toward making their game better. 

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Black desert might be interesting, haven't really looked into it a whole lot. Will wait until it getrs word of a beta over here before really looking into it. (maybe i missed this memo?)

Can i also say that animated gif or whatever it was, creep me out at first.  When i first opened the page it didn't move for about 8 seconds (Guess it was loading or something) So i brushed it off as a picture. Then when i looked at it again it was different  but only slight (the mouth was different) and my mind did a What the? moment, until i saw it changed again.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.