Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: 5 Things We Want from GW2 in 2015

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

2014 saw quite a few changes to Guild Wars 2, both good and bad.  Now 2015 is right around the corner, and we’re all wondering what ArenaNet has in store.  While they have their own plan for the game, there will always be what we, the players, are hoping for.  Here’s the 5 things players hope to see in 2015.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: Top 5 Things We Want in 2015.

An expansion is what we need to reach far away lands in Tyria.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZeephrothZeephroth Member UncommonPosts: 1
    IIf this game had an open world pvp , would be one of the best mmorpg, in my opinion.
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Expansion and more skills are definitely high on that list for me, with meatier content updates being behind. I'm pretty happy with the content updates so far, it let's me jump in and spend time checking it out without consuming too much of my life, so I have plenty of time to play other gamers without feeling like I'm missing out on anything in GW2.
  • dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Tanks, healers, supports, new zones, more skills, maybe open pvp, less living dontknowhat
  • DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Zeephroth
    IIf this game had an open world pvp , would be one of the best mmorpg, in my opinion.

No, it would not.  It would have even fewer people playing it than it does now.  PvP is the realm of F2P games now.  GW2 is B2P, but it isn't a sub.  If the game went open world PvP, people who do not like PvP, and do not want it shoved down their throats, would simply stop logging in.  If that happens, ANet might go so far as to shut down the game, but probably not since GW1 is still up and running.  Meh, I don't really care.  I won't play, but then I go to GW2 for the story and the gameplay, not the PvP.  The PvP battlefields seem more like vehicle combat in WoW to me.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Yeah I'd like to see a couple new weapon sets open up for some classes.  I know everyone will scream BALANCE ISSUES whenever you talk about adding ANYTHING like this to the game but come on, it would be fun and I feel like some classes are pretty gimped by the # of weapons they can use.  Also....I want a f*ckin monk class.  I'd give up a kidney for something like that.  If ANet doesn't step up their game and start giving something for their players to look forward to other than Living Story (which is great, but not substantial unless you are a new player who hits 80 and plays ALL of it at once) then the game is going to eventually (IMO) fall to the likes of EQNext, etc.  With how poorly Wildstar seems to be doing, you'd think NCSoft would want to push Anet to keep this game on the forefront of everyone's radar somehow.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    How about a major expansion in the next three months....  The living story is just not enough to keep me playing more then two nights every two weeks

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Dracondis

No, it would not.  It would have even fewer people playing it than it does now.  PvP is the realm of F2P games now.  GW2 is B2P, but it isn't a sub.  If the game went open world PvP, people who do not like PvP, and do not want it shoved down their throats, would simply stop logging in.  If that happens, ANet might go so far as to shut down the game, but probably not since GW1 is still up and running.  Meh, I don't really care.  I won't play, but then I go to GW2 for the story and the gameplay, not the PvP.  The PvP battlefields seem more like vehicle combat in WoW to me.

WoW says you're wrong.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by bcbully

WoW says you're wrong.

WoW pvp is a joke

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by saurus123
    Originally posted by bcbully

WoW says you're wrong.

WoW pvp is a joke

Because GW2 PvP is thriving? They had like 400 people watching the last tournament on Twitch. What a joke.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• marcio519marcio519 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    sadly , anet will keep with living story ...
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141

I would like two more classes.... 

Not that this will ever happen, but I would love open pvp on the servers not in wvw which is a zerg... kind of adds imersion... I know I am dreaming here...

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

The list should probably read something more like;

Expansion

Expansion

Expansion

More Weapons+Weapon Combos for Professions/New Professions

Expansion

Living story, while semi-interesting, simply does not replace an expansion. An expansion gets new boxes on shelves, generates more newsworthy buzz, and makes it look like the developer is still investing into the game.

What we'll probably get is more updates to the gem store, and more snarky comments from the idiots in charge.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

You know, this is such a small thing. Not even a criticism, but a minor personal desire / nitpick.

I would really like to see the sound design get some rework. I think the soundtrack is fantastic, and a lot of the voice work and sound effects are great. But there are a few I'm not big on. 

Off the top of my head:

I never liked the bow firing sound. The in game chatter in general sounds a bit awkward and out of place to me. I have always had a problem with tossing off a heal and hearing a casual "Replenishing" followed by a screaming "SAVE YOURSELVES" with a random "I FEEL 6 FEET TALL." off in the distance. 

Obviously, these are not really all that important. 

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Comment:

1. Charr and Asura are the among the least played characters, so I don't think they will use much extra time to fix armor problems for them.
    2. I think it is better to improve the less used skills than add new ones.

What I would like to see in 2015:

1. Make GW2 available South Korea. This would make sPvP championship more interesting.
    2. Think BIG in WvW. Make NA against EU against Asia.
    3. I would rather play a new game from Arenanet than an expansion. So I hope they skip the expansion so a new game can be released sooner.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Actually what I'd like is the game I paid for. I'd like to have real updates to the open world event system that makes it seriously dynamic. I'd like for combat to be fixed so that you do actually have a choice in PVE other than Zerker. I'd like for an actual rewards revamp that doesn't require gems or a daily login to "earn" that's not gameplay that's time stamping items. I'd like a fix for the hobosacks. I'd like a fix for the Arenanet trinity that never existed in the game. I'd like for them to dig through the entire list of things that they never did in the suggestions folder (and no not all of them were by me, there were several brilliant suggestions by hundreds of people who played) and take out those necessary expected quality of life upgrades and actually implement them! Then maybe then it will be closer to the actual game I purchased, and if it takes an infusion of money for an expansion to do it so be it just as long as it's done.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

By new skills at least for me, is new skills in each weapon style not more skills that go in the extra slots.

There's no choice in what to pick from weapons skills. Only what weapons to use that have the best abilities...

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208

Unfortunately everyone hoping for an expansion is SOL, Colin Johannson is obsessed with his "living story".

As for other updates like skills, they are to obsessed about their terrible pvp, so getting that is probably completely out of the question (along with any new classes)

This game used to have so much potentional and now its been 2 years later and arenet has done almost nothing with the game. Sad to see them just piss it all away like this.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

If Guild Wars 2 introduced a server with open world PvP, I would not complain.  If Anet was to make all servers subject to open world PvP, I would quit playing.  Since I spend about 30-50 bucks each month for gems that means a loss.  Every player (only a couple of hundred players) I know of would quit the minute open world PvP is launched.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

1. More zones. 

2. More dungeons. 

3. Guild PVP. 

4. Reputation and associative skills. 

5. Better communication.

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164

I just want back what they already took away. Dailies are now crap that may as well not be in the game. Vets instead of champs, how boring!

Living story etc is too dam hard to solo and somehow I rarely seem to be able to find anybody else that wants to do it, so that makes a huge part of this game unplayable!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Not more levels but something that takes ages to grind for so there is a reason to play.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    An expansion is definitely yes for me but I would like more choices on weapon skills some kind of progression for the classesAs a Guardian I wish there was a AA type of thing where I would go to different Guardian Masters and learn advanced combat from them and then choose a path and become 'Guardian of  xxxx'.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• reap3rzxreap3rzx Member Posts: 41
    New classes, and new weapons. Maybe 10 skills for each weapon so you can customize your play style a little more. Take some cues from ESO and make classes less restrictive, at least.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    With Colin and O'Brien at the helm, this game is destined to continue stagnating.

They are happy with where it is and they have said no expansion.

You guys have to stop dreaming, nothing is going on aside from LS and some system re-works.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It does have open world PvP.  It's got it's own lands to explore and an open world to PvP in, set apart from the rest of us who consider PvP something that should never be mixed with the rest of the world.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!