Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone still play FF14 on PS3?

I'm wanting to buy this from Amazon since it's currently on sale, but I don't want  to buy it and find out it's dead. So could anyone that knows tell me please? Thanks

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Faintestidea
    I'm wanting to buy this from Amazon since it's currently on sale, but I don't want  to buy it and find out it's dead. So could anyone that knows tell me please? Thanks

PS3, PS4 and PC are on the same servers and theres plenty of people still playing, so go ahead :)

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308

Square enix when it comes to their online game are the best hands down. In FFXI ps2/ps3(backward capeable one)/PC/xbox360 all played on same servers. FFXIV has same servers for ps3/ps4/ps vita remote play/PC so yeah not dead actually I get queue here and there and to create a new character on most servers is closed cause of overpopulation. 

edit: by the way just went and checked the server status and there are 64 servers and most overpopulated...I think this is the most played game of 2014 but naysayers will not agree cause haters gonna hate :)

• FaintestideaFaintestidea Member Posts: 24
    Thanks, just bought it. Will be here Wednesday. Since you convinced me to jump into the community, what am I to expect out of  this game, in a nutshell? :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Moodsor

PS3, PS4 and PC are on the same servers and theres plenty of people still playing, so go ahead :)

Square Enix don't appear to believe in segregation, and in MMORPG's i don't personally think there should ever be a reason to seperate players by gaming platforms, that in FFXIV;ARR you play alongside people from both PS3's, PS4's and PC's is a great feature, if only Microsoft would relax their 'borders' a bit so that you could play the game on the XB1 etc too, might help them shift a few more consoles image

Thanks, just bought it. Will be here Wednesday. Since you convinced me to jump into the community, what am I to expect out of  this game, in a nutshell? :)

If you play mainly during afternoon-evening of EST N/A times I suggest you try create a character on Hyperion server as I play there and I would love to run dungeons and show you the ropes :)
    I could do that. Since I work 3rd shift afternoons are my best time to play. Would I look you up with the Username you use here?
    I could do that. Since I work 3rd shift afternoons are my best time to play. Would I look you up with the Username you use here?

this is my character directly from ffxiv website: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1280254/

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Is there not a free trial? Is on PC anyway, sadly I could not cope with the long CD between skills. From what I hear it gets regular updates and tons of stuff to do. But as the gameplay is like 95% of an MMO I gave up as I did not like it.
    I did have it on ps3 but bought ps4 and i play on ps4 or my gaming pc either way it's good if you get a usb keyboard to make chat easier. 
    Originally posted by andre369
    Is there not a free trial? Is on PC anyway, sadly I could not cope with the long CD between skills. From what I hear it gets regular updates and tons of stuff to do. But as the gameplay is like 95% of an MMO I gave up as I did not like it.

That is personal taste as a former ffxi player i think the CD are way too fast, but yeah your 2nd sentence I agree it's just another mmo and has end game grind for item level which goes up 10 levels every patch and back to grinding. 

If I'm led to believe correctly, it does come with a 30 day free trial on PS3. Not sure about any other platform. Anyone care to confirm this I'm if correct?

If I'm led to believe correctly, it does come with a 30 day free trial on PS3. Not sure about any other platform. Anyone care to confirm this I'm if correct?

Like most mmo out there with the client price you get the 1st month included so you're correct.

Good, wasn't ready to buy a sub yet. So when they do update this game are they free updates like as in rift or do you have to pay?

Main things about FFXIV ARR:

• It has a lot of deja vu from all previous Final Fantasy titles like for example sometimes as you engage a mob the sound reminds me FF1, or a squid head mob like the mind flayer from FF1. Also many mobs and npc names mentioned on previous FF games.
    • It's a easy to learn how to play with controller or with keyboard and mouse, actually in my opinion as I play with either or it has perfect controls. It feels very natural kind of like WoW feels.
    • You can start as any class but with the same character just by changing your primary weapon you can switch to any of the other classes which upgrade to jobs after level 30.
    • A lot of eye candy meaning many beautiful areas, many mounts/minions, gear and looks, you can put any gear as your visual gear but yet have the best stats gear under it.
    • The story it's really a FF story meaning awesome story with great cutsceenes but only few of them have voice over never the less though they do feel epic and your character is a efing hero :)
    • Leveling is pretty fast and there are several ways to achieve that, however playing as a tank will get you in queues for dungeon runs instantly versus dps which is normaly 10-20 minutes queue, healer is give or take sometimes it's instant queue sometimes few minutes. Personally I play bard (dps buff) but mostly I queue as paladin(tank) when I don't have much time to play. If you join me I will be mainly tank for instant queues if you are not into tanking.
    • Endgame is just like every standard casual themepark mmo which means you grind dailies/weeklies same dungeons and fights over and over until next patch where you grind a new dungeon over and over, however if youre a hardcore player you can do some more extreme fights which do give slightly better gear then the easy grind dailies/weeklies.
    • Carfting/gathering in my opinion is one of the best I've seen so far considering I never craft or gather in mmo this one I have few crafts and gatherings leveled.
    • Guild house also has private rooms you can puchase and modify to your liking. Free company is the term for guild in this game.
    • there is also fame leveling involved with the humanoid mobs around the world which also grant mounts of their tribes once highest fame achieved.
    • Your mount chocobo can be ranked up and help you when you solo.
    There is a lot about this game even though it's considered a casual themepark.
    Good, wasn't ready to buy a sub yet. So when they do update this game are they free updates like as in rift or do you have to pay?

so far all patches that added a lot of content to the game have been free of charge.

Now I'm glad I got convinced to buy this game :)  Looking into wireless keyboards now, have to figure out the best one to get. And thanks for helping me out with all of this, I owe you
    Now I'm glad I got convinced to buy this game :)  Looking into wireless keyboards now, have to figure out the best one to get. And thanks for helping me out with all of this, I owe you

Welcome to FFXIV and let me know here or in game once you start playing so we can play together.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I just picked up a logtiech mk520. It's not too expensive but not too cheap either. I will warn you though even with my old wireless and the knew one, on ps3 it will occasionally go ballistic and type out a bunch of junk. I've read that isn't an issue with certain wired keyboards and since I got the new one it's only happened twice in about 10 hours of playtime, while with the old one it happened frequently.

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

The only issue you are going to run into is that version 3.0 (Heavensward expansion) might be the last version to support PS3. Square Enix will be phasing it out because the hardware wont be able to keep up with PS4/PC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1yf929/220_game_watch_interview_with_yoship_features_of/

Originally posted by SoloAnything

Welcome to FFXIV and let me know here or in game once you start playing so we can play together.

It says it will be here on Wednesday so I should be good to go, once I figure out account, log in etc..

Originally posted by k11keeper

I just picked up a logtiech mk520. It's not too expensive but not too cheap either. I will warn you though even with my old wireless and the knew one, on ps3 it will occasionally go ballistic and type out a bunch of junk. I've read that isn't an issue with certain wired keyboards and since I got the new one it's only happened twice in about 10 hours of playtime, while with the old one it happened frequently.

How about a logitech MK120 or the K400?

I'm sure those would work just fine. I don't remember which keyboard my old one was other than it was logitech but those are the only two I had used personally. The freakish typing has been said on reddit and others in my old FC. I think I'm one of the few who still play on PS3 most have upgraded to PS4 or PC, which I plan to do as soon as funds are available. 
    Well then I will have to get your username as i will be playing on PS3 also
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2291224/ This is my character. I played for short time during release and hit 50. I returned recently to try out new classes and hopefully i'll have the funds for a ps4 when I reach 50 with new jobs. A year ago the last few lvl 50 dungeons were almost unplayable for me due to lag and latency issues. Now I have better internet and hopefully the ps4 will be as good as they say it is. 
    Now concerning festivals and whatnot, am I going to be able to catch any in time since I can't start til Wed night at the latest? And usually what class is the best to go with IYO?