Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For deleton

More Assholes then people

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    "apathy"
  • RatagainRatagain Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    "apathy"

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with my words.One thing is the help other thing is to change the meaning.

Originally posted by Ratagain

That means that if stop caring about something its going to die,but don't confuse it with disinterest.I am disinterested in World of Warcraft ,but that doesn't mean  its going to die,its actually doing ok.

Apathy is more about caring about something and then having to lift your hands of  it ,because it's going the wrong way.

In the days of Warhammer online i was one of the people that said many time that the games many problems.

After the fifth post that was attack by the foolish fanboys,of them saying that the "haters" don't see their version of the future,being repeated with different words again and again.I become empathetic to the game.Few mouths later the servers of the game were shutdown.

Apathy is the moment when someone give up fighting for something he or she has sympathy.

This days game don't make me apathy them,because i have a lot of games that  disinterest me.The reasons for that is that i have a lot of years with mmos.Better  mmos that someone is disinterested with then  mmos that many have apathy for.

I think you have a complete thought, but you're still doing it wrong after the edit.

"I became apathetic to the game. Few months later the servers..."

"This days games don't make me empathize, because..."

The last sentence I can't make work, sorry.

lastly,

"Apathy is more about caring about something and then having to lift your hand off it, because it's going the wrong way."

I suppose there's a presumption of foreknowledge in order for apathy to exist, else it's just "unknown" and not qualitatively "apathy". It kinda goes without saying, but it's poetic to a point.

Sounds to me like you're mad over a messy break-up recently. Also, while your first language might not be english, you're holding your own ok. It's probably better than my attempt at whatever is your first.

Asshole.

There is nothing wrong with my words.

ok...
    maybe I misunderstand your intent. You're saying...

"If I stop caring about something, it's dead to me, but might not be dead to everyone else. After people defend a game which I feel flawed, I begin caring for it more, but it just folds. Today, I don't care for any games because I've played many games for years. It's better for me to have disinterest with a game than for everyone to dislike it."

It's a bit meandering for me.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Asshole.

Say what?

Edit.

Ok, well, At least I can see that you went back and changed it. But still...........

Huh. Where did my post go? Are you playing games, having mods moderate for ill reason so you can edit all and make yourself seem correct? Don't play those games. There was no attack on you specifically, only advice. Let the record stand and learn from your mistakes.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Apathy is more about caring about something and then having to lift your hands of  it ,because it's going the wrong way.

This is not what apathy means.

Originally posted by Darwa

I discussed that in my now-missing post. I relented you must know about something to formulate apathy, else it's "unknown". Flowery, but not entirely off base. /shrug

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apathy

I discussed that in my now-missing post. I relented you must know about something to formulate apathy, else it's "unknown". Flowery, but not entirely off base. /shrug

Nah, flowery is often good, but knowing the difference between uninterested (not interested) and disinterested (impartial) is better ;)

More Assholes then people

Sounds like a proctologist's dream.

Also, having been guilty of this...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/425193/Arenanets-Future-.html

...I think you should take a step back and allow a little more constructive criticism, than lashing out.

Originally posted by Zarf42

I didn't really need any support, but thanks ;) I think the OP understands now.

Bravo you only showed how much your feelings got hurt.
  • Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250

*than

*deletion

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Don't know if you're attempting to say that the person you quoted is wrong or not, but he's not. 

Apathy is a lack of emotion or caring.  Caring about something and then "washing" your hands of it, is not apathy, because you cared.

Apathy would be not giving a crap one way or the other about a homeless guy you pass, or simply not caring one way or another about a particular game.  

The expressing of an opinion about something is the opposite of apathy, even when you express the opinion that you don't care.  You have, in some way, to care in order to be willing to express even opinion of not caring. 

Apathy is literally the not giving a crap about something, people who do not care about something do not write about it, and the moment you do apathy ceases to exist and you are now expressing empathy.   

Originally posted by Uhwop

Don't know if you're attempting to say that the person you quoted is wrong or not, but he's not. 

Apathy is a lack of emotion or caring.  Caring about something and then "washing" your hands of it, is not apathy, because you cared.

Apathy would be not giving a crap one way or the other about a homeless guy you pass, or simply not caring one way or another about a particular game.  

The expressing of an opinion about something is the opposite of apathy, even when you express the opinion that you don't care.  You have, in some way, to care in order to be willing to express even opinion of not caring. 

Apathy is literally the not giving a crap about something, people who do not care about something do not write about it, and the moment you do apathy ceases to exist and you are now expressing empathy.   

Are you saying you feel one cannot in one instant care for something very much and in a later instant have no feeling whatsoever? I have felt that way. I could be special though, because my mom always told me I was...

edit: I think apathy can be developed. Many times, dare say for emotional self-defensive purposes, you noticed and had some inkling of interest but rejected it.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Are you saying you feel one cannot in one instant care for something very much and in a later instant have no feeling whatsoever? I have felt that way. I could be special though, because my mom always told me I was...

edit: I think apathy can be developed. Many times, dare say for emotional self-defensive purposes, you noticed and had some inkling of interest but rejected it.

Not saying that at all.  I'm saying that apathy is a lack of caring or emotion towards a particular thing, and when you write about that thing you're not expressing apathy, but empathy. 

Caring about something and then washing your hands of it isn't apathy, any more than raging on a forum that you don't care about something is.  In both instances emotion was involved, and therefore was not apathy. 

Just like expressing the opinion that you do not care about something is not apathy, because some amount of caring must be had for you to take the time to express your lack of caring. 

An example of apathy would be walking past a guy laying on the sidewalk and not caring if he was dead or alive.  An example of not being apathy would be posting on a forum when you got home that you walked past a guy laying on the sidewalk and didn't care if he was dead or alive. 

The former is a lack of emotional care, the later requires you to have had some amount of emotional output in order to even bother writing about it. 

This discussion has been closed.