Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay2Win + Grind = Ugh

MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

Extreme grind fest with a pay 2 win package.  Great concept that has been poorly executed.

Comments

• loudermploudermp Member Posts: 20
    I agree, I think they expect you to pay pretty much right from the start, I am not very good at this game so I do not play it but if they made it a little easier at the start anyway to get one addicted I might continue to play it and spend a little money, but no the way this game is setup it sticks of greed, I have tried the game several times over time so the idea of the game interests me but each time there seems to be no difference in the game play, if you like to group you might do ok but if you are like me and make friends slowly the game play does not give me a chance to.

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
    PDL

• KOOLLAYDKOOLLAYD Member UncommonPosts: 25
    It's a fun game to pass the time on, but unless your paying for a gold membership for better drop items and faster xp or willing to spend alot of cash to buy items from the store then it's a slow tedious grind doing it old school style. I spent 5 bucks on credits to keep my character from deleting cause if ya don't play after awhile you loose your toon. It's worth spending the 5 bucks to play when ya feel like it, but I wouldn't personally go further then that unless your really into it. I don't see the point in setting up in abandoned buildings when ya clear them out either because you don't really get much to make it worth it except a headache. It's great for rp purposes, but DF isn't really much of a grouping mmo unless your playing on vent or ts with some buddies. That being said I still say it's probably one of the best zombie mmo's out there that are not forcing you into an FPS type game style. It's alot of fun once you get built up. Just the grind is a pain in the rear end is all. Also outside of 2 missions a day you really have no quest system in the game so that sucks, but to kill afew hours running around scavenging and killing zombies it is not to bad of a game if ya ask me. :)
  • Broken.ArrowBroken.Arrow Member UncommonPosts: 84

I gave this game an honest try and got my soldier to around level 35 before throwing in the towel.

This game is meant for those who got immense amounts of time to put down into killing the same things, running the same maps, doing the same quests and enjoying repeating said stuff, ad nauseam.

Not knocking on the game, since I know that some people actually do enjoy grinders like this and as mentioned before, if you dont pay, then you end up...enjoying the slower experience progression of the game while doing the same stuff many more times.

This game in my humble opinion is yet another case of good potential, horrible implementation. But do try it out for yourself if you are interested, since its a browser game and barely takes you a few minutes to get it up and running. 

---

A proud User of [[Adblock Plus]], to block out all the bullshit paid advertisements (also read as "game reviews") spam on mmorpg.com. 

----

I was banned for pointing out the obvious faults in a game 2 months before it released.
    Now after release, repeating the very same words from back then would be like preaching to the choir on this site.
  • pochinox1234pochinox1234 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    KOOLLAYD said:
    It's a fun game to pass the time on, but unless your paying for a gold membership for better drop items and faster xp or willing to spend alot of cash to buy items from the store then it's a slow tedious grind doing it old school style. I spent 5 bucks on credits to keep my character from deleting cause if ya don't play after awhile you loose your toon. It's worth spending the 5 bucks to play when ya feel like it, but I wouldn't personally go further then that unless your really into it. I don't see the point in setting up in abandoned buildings when ya clear them out either because you don't really get much to make it worth it except a headache. It's great for rp purposes, but DF isn't really much of a grouping mmo unless your playing on vent or ts with some buddies. That being said I still say it's probably one of the best zombie mmo's out there that are not forcing you into an FPS type game style. It's alot of fun once you get built up. Just the grind is a pain in the rear end is all. Also outside of 2 missions a day you really have no quest system in the game so that sucks, but to kill afew hours running around scavenging and killing zombies it is not to bad of a game if ya ask me. :)

well the problem here is that you dont know how to play.. first at all, you need to get a well balanced build to get kill the bandits, bosses and miniboses. you can defend your base on a bunker attack or looting houses and stores to get food, ammo, etc. also you can face up bandits every hour exactly at 07 minute, then you can try to beat a real boss.... now that you got about 10 weapons or armor items from looting bosses and bandits you can throw it on the yard. if u do just what i sayd then you will be rewarded with almost 200.000 cash throwing loot on the yard. it is not a simple task and its no boring at all. if you use the right build and do what i say you can afford a 30 days gold membership with game cash, playin just 1 week.... and now that you are gold membership do just the same because you will get now better lot and you can get much more cash from looting bandits and bosses. im lvl 60 and im playing for 5 weeks.... maybe you need some fingers to

• pochinox1234pochinox1234 Newbie CommonPosts: 3

I gave this game an honest try and got my soldier to around level 35 before throwing in the towel.

This game is meant for those who got immense amounts of time to put down into killing the same things, running the same maps, doing the same quests and enjoying repeating said stuff, ad nauseam.

Not knocking on the game, since I know that some people actually do enjoy grinders like this and as mentioned before, if you dont pay, then you end up...enjoying the slower experience progression of the game while doing the same stuff many more times.

This game in my humble opinion is yet another case of good potential, horrible implementation. But do try it out for yourself if you are interested, since its a browser game and barely takes you a few minutes to get it up and running. 

again, another no fingers people. the game is not like that. try again but first  read a scientific minimalist guide